DENVER (CBS4) – After Colorado school districts closed last week because of the coronavirus, many children who depend on free meals at school were left wondering how they were going to be fed. Many school districts then organized meal “pick ups” for families.
Denver Public Schools announced they are serving meals to all students between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m., and then again from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. starting March 16 through April 3.
- Abraham Lincoln High School
- Bruce Randolph School
- Cowell Elementary School
- The Evie Dennis campus
- Denver Center for International Studies Baker
- Manual High School
- The Montbello campus
- North High School
- Place Bridge Academy
- Joe Shoemaker School
- STRIVE Prep – Sunnyside
The district also wants to feed adults and are asking for the public’s help.
Adams 12 School District will provide breakfast and lunch for children ages 1 to 18. Starting on March 17 and running through March 27, meals will be served between 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Horizon High School – 5321 E. 136th Avenue, Thornton , CO
- Legacy High School – 2701 W. 136th Avenue, Broomfield, CO
- Mountain Range High School – 12500 Huron Street, Westminster, CO
- Northglenn High School – 601 W 100th Place, Northglenn, CO
- Thornton High School – 9351 N Washington Street, Thornton, CO
Aurora Public Schools will provide breakfast and lunch to children under 18. They expect to start providing those meals starting on March 18, but no further details have been released.
Boulder Valley School District will hand out meals on March 17 and 19 between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. at the following locations:
- Boulder — Columbine, Creekside, Crestview, University Hill Elementaries
- Broomfield — Emerald Elementary
- Lafayette — Pioneer and Sanchez Elementaries
- Louisville — Louisville Middle School
- Nederland — Nederland High School
Brighton 27J School District will provide meals to children under 18 from March 17 until March 20 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Overland Trail Middle–North Lot (455 North 19th Ave.)
- Vikan Middle–West Lot (879 Jessup St.)
Douglas County Schools will provide lunches to any and all kids and teens 18 years of age and younger beginning March 23, Mon-Fri, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- The Pines at Castle Rock Apartments (clubhouse), 6221 Castlegate Drive West, Castle Rock
- South Ridge Elementary School (main entrance), 1100 South Street, Castle Rock
- ARIUM Apartments (outside rental office), 3380 East County Line Road, Highlands Ranch
- Challenger Park (near baseball fields), 17299 Lincoln Avenue, Parker
Elbert County School District says all school employees will report to work on March 16 and 17 to help with “grab and go” meals for children under 18. Further details about times and locations were not released.
Englewood Schools will provide grab and go meals at Bishop and Cherrelyn Elementary Schools from 8 a.m. until 2 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Greeley-Evans District 6 will hand out breakfast and lunch starting March 23 at select locations which have not been named yet.
Jeffco Public Schools will serve meals starting March 16 until March 27 between 8 a.m. – 9 a.m. and between 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Arvada K-8
- Colorow Elementary
- Conifer High
- Edgewater Elementary
- Foothills Elementary
- Lasley Elementary
- Parr Elementary
Lewis-Palmer School District near Monument will provide meals starting March 16 between noon and 3 p.m. and also between 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. at Tri-Lakes Cares on Jefferson Street.
Littleton Public Schools will provide “grab and go” meals from March 16 – 20 at East and Field elementary schools. Anyone under the age of 18 may take a FREE lunch and a breakfast for the next day. It does not matter if you are an LPS student, the only requirement is that the child(ren) is present (being in the vehicle is acceptable). Meal pick up is available from 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the student drop off lane at Field Elementary and in the bus lane on the West side of East Elementary.
Mapleton Public Schools is offering meals at the following locations between March 16 and March 27 from 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Meadow Community School (9150 Monroe St, Thornton)
- Skyview Campus (8990 York St., Thornton)
- Welby Community School (1200 E. 78th Ave., Denver)
- York International School (9200 York St., Thornton)
- Global Primary Academy (7480 N. Broadway, Denver)
Poudre School District will hand out meals to families below (dates and times were not released):
- 1301 Blue Spruce Dr., Fort Collins, CO
- 2600 N. Lincoln Ave., Loveland, CO
St. Vrain Valley School District will hand out meals starting March 16 through March 20 between 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- Timberline PK-8
- Northridge Elementary School
- Altona Middle School
- Sunset Middle School
- Soaring Heights PK-8
- Frederick High School
- Mead Middle School
- Lyons High School (12-12:30)
- Hygiene Elementary School (11-11:30)
- Niwot High School
- Learning Services Center
Thompson School District announced several locations and times for families to pick up meals.
Weld RE-1 will hand out meals on March 24 through March 27 from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Pete Mirich Elementary School
- South Valley Middle School
- Valley High School
Weld RE-5J will provide meals at Milliken Elementary between 11 a.m. and noon each week day during their school closure.
Westminster School District will provide meals starting March 16 between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. during weekdays.
- Westminster High School
- Ranum Middle School
- Shaw Heights Middle School
- Scott Carpenter Middle School
Adams 14, Cherry Creek, Elizabeth, Park County, Sterling, Summit County, Weld RE-3J or Weld RE-8 school districts have not released information about supplemental meals.