Small Grassfire Started By Fireworks In Windsor
Get CBS4 News Updates In Your Inbox
GALLERIES: COLORADO'S WORST WILDFIRES
WINDSOR, Colo. (CBS4)- A small grass fire was started by the fireworks show in Windsor on Thursday.
Five acres burned after fireworks used in the display ignited the fire.
Fortunately there was a crew of 25 firefighters nearby to extinguish it. Fire crews had watered down the area to prevent the grass from catching fire.
Investigators said one shell failed to launch properly and embers started the fire.
- Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
- Read recent Wildfire stories.
Wildfire Photo Galleries