HIGHLANDS RANCH, Colo. (CBS4) – Tuesday night, Douglas County Sheriff’s office arrested suspect Jasmine Mercedes Padilla, 22, who is accused of driving a stolen car that was filled with stolen packages. Deputies are calling her a Grinch ahead of the holidays.
According to the DCSO Facebook post, just before 8 p.m., deputies found a stolen car in a parking lot near a business off Broadway, where a plan was made to position patrol cars so the driver could not get away.
When deputies in patrol cars approached with lights flashing, the driver, now identified as Padilla, tried to get away and reversed the vehicle into a patrol car, put the car in drive and hit another patrol car. No one was hurt in the crash, and the driver of the stolen car was stopped by deputies.
When the car was searched, deputies found packages from various locations throughout the county.
Padilla was booked into Douglas County Jail. She faces several charges:
- 1sts Degree Aggravated Motor Vehicle Theft $20,000.01 – $99,999.99
- Criminal Impersonation
- Criminal Mischief $1,000 to $4,999.99
- Vehicular Eluding
- Fraud Crime Possession Of Two or More Financial Devices
- Criminal Possession of An Identification Document
- Reckless Driving
- Obstructing Peace Officer, Firefighter, ER Medical Service Provider, Rescuer
- Resisting Arrest
- Unlawful Possession OF a Scheduled III, IV, V Of a Controlled Substance