LAKEWOOD, Colo. (CBS4) – West Metro firefighters rushed to a home on South Depew Street Sunday afternoon when the home went up in flames and smoke. Investigators believe the fire started in a wood-burning stove, according to the homeowner.

(credit: CBS)

Officials say the homeowner was outside the home when firefighters arrived. He was taken to the hospital and is expected to be okay.

(credit: CBS)

Firefighters were told a dog was inside, but they say the dog was seen walking out of the home on its own. They say she appeared to be shaken up, but okay.

(credit: CBS)

Part of the roof collapsed, and investigators suspect the home will be a total loss. A neighboring home was evacuated, but those residents are reportedly okay.

(credit: CBS)