EDWARDS, Colo. (CBS4)– Two people and a dog were hurt when an SUV crashed into a garage which sparked a fire in Edwards.

Firefighters say the SUV struck an electric meter that started the fire.

car into house edwards copy 2 People, Dog Hurt After SUV Crashes Into Garage, Sparks Fire

(credit: Eagle River Fire)

One person was trapped in the vehicle and the driver got out of the SUV but couldn’t get out of the garage.

Firefighters were able to rescue both people as the garage started to collapse.

car into house edwards2 copy 2 People, Dog Hurt After SUV Crashes Into Garage, Sparks Fire

(credit: Eagle River Fire)

A sprinkler system kept the fire from spreading.

What led up to the crash is being investigated.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s