BRIGHTON, Colo. (CBS4)– Fire investigators believe a heat lamp is to blame for a barn fire that killed two adult female goats and three baby goats.

The fire broke out just before 2 a.m. as a grass fire at 1158 Weld County Road 23.5.

brighton barn fire 1 Heat Lamp Likely Caused Barn Fire That Killed Baby Goats

(credit: Brighton Fire)

When fire crews arrived, they found the barn fully engulfed in flames.

brighton barn fire 3 Heat Lamp Likely Caused Barn Fire That Killed Baby Goats

(credit: Brighton Fire)

The barn was completely destroyed along with the five animals.

brighton barn fire 2 Heat Lamp Likely Caused Barn Fire That Killed Baby Goats

(credit: Brighton Fire)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s