DENVER (CBS4) – The USA Pro Challenge has released its list of host cities for the seven stages of the 2015 race, with one notable hole.
Fans of the annual professional stage cycling race are once again being given a chance to help shape the route for one of the stages.
This year the sixth stage is unannounced. Race organizers say they hope fans will help them by visiting to prochallenge.com/2015stage6 and submitting a suggestion for which cities the stage should visit. The criteria is that the cities have to be “within 150 miles of Breckenridge and Denver.”
The dates and cities for the race are as follows:
– Stage 1: Monday, Aug. 17 – Steamboat Springs Circuit Race
– Stage 2: Tuesday, Aug. 18 – Steamboat Springs to Arapahoe Basin Ski Area
– Stage 3: Wednesday, Aug. 19 – Copper Mountain Resort to Aspen
– Stage 4: Thursday, Aug. 20 – Aspen to Breckenridge
– Stage 5: Friday, Aug. 21 – Breckenridge Individual Time Trial
– Stage 6: Saturday, Aug. 22 – ???
– Stage 7: Sunday, Aug. 23 – Golden to Denver
Race organizers said in a prepared statement that they picked A Basin as the finish point for the second stage in part because of its proximity to Loveland Pass.
“During this stage, cyclists can expect the challenge of a 1,500-foot elevation gain toward a high-altitude finish at 10,780,” they wrote.
[display-posts tag=”usa-pro-challenge” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”8″]