GREELEY, Colo. (AP) — A licensed marijuana caregiver has been convicted of letting others make hash oil through a dangerous process that caused an explosion at her home.
A Weld County jury on Wednesday found 54-year-old Lavonne Bessler guilty of processing or manufacturing marijuana concentrate, a felony. Prosecutors say allowed two other people to make the oil using butane, causing the Aug. 11, 2013 explosion. The people and a 7-year-old were seriously injured in the blast. Bessler wasn’t home.
Prosecutors say Bessler admitted using butane to create hash oil but denied letting others use her equipment to make it on her property.
She faces up to six years in prison when she is sentenced next month.
The process of making hash oil is has caused several similar explosions in Colorado and around the country.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)