BASALT, Colo. (CBS4)– A 7-year-old girl from Basalt has been released from the hospital after eating a marijuana edible.

The police chief said the girl’s mother is a housekeeper at a hotel in Aspen.

It’s the hotel’s policy that employees can take home food that is left behind by guests. The edible may have been left behind by a tourist.

Investigators say the pot-infused chocolate was wrapped in a piece of aluminum foil and had no label on it.

Police say they are going to start alerting hotel employees of those dangers so that similar incidents might be prevented.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s