DURANGO, Colo. (AP/CBS4) – Authorities in southwest Colorado say they have broken up a large methamphetamine ring and seized about 10 pounds of the drug worth $450,000 on the street.
The Southwest Drug Task Force says 14 people tied to the ring were arrested during the investigation that lasted about a month and a half.READ MORE: Golden Cancer Patient Calling On State To Include More Patients In Next Vaccine Phase
The alleged ring leader, 55-year-old Joseph Fitapelli, of Bayfield, was found carrying between $8,000 and $10,000 in cash.
GALLERY: Meth Bust Mug ShotsREAD MORE: 'They Left Her For Dead': 14 Year Old & 18 Year Old Charged With Woman's Murder On Colfax
Investigators say stolen property, including weapons, also was seized.
The task force says it has confirmed the ring has connections to Las Vegas, California and Mexican drug cartels.
The following people were arrested in connection with the bust:MORE NEWS: Weld County Joins 'Meat In' Day Supporters Following Polis' Controversial Announcement
- Joseph Fitapelli Bayfield Co. 55
- Derrik Martinez Durango Co. 28
- Jose Garcia-Ochoa Las Vegas NV 19
- Pamela Chandler Durango Co. 50
- Peyton St. Germain Durango Co 21
- Loyd Groomer Farmington NM 58
- Milton Korthank Durango Co. 38
- Daniel Gastelo-Ochoa Las Vegas NV 24
- Aaron McMinn Bayfield Co. 41
- Danielle Burton Bayfield Co. 38
- Ronnie Gunkel Bayfield Co 41
- Cristian Lopez Las Vegas NV 22
- Miguel Miranda-Sanchez Las Vegas NV 23
- Travis Schield 49 Durango, Co
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)