DENVER (CBS4) – Developers have added an indoor-outdoor water park to a massive hotel and convention center project being built near Denver International Airport.
The developer of the “Gaylord Rockies” project made the announcement on Thursday.
The water park will be open year round and will make the Gaylord Rockies one of the first hotels in the region with a water park attraction.
It’s hoped the water park attracts groups and their families.
“Basically create a reason why they come here and not to Las Vegas,” Ira Mitzner with RIDA Development Corp. said. “They can access everything that’s wonderful about this great state.”
Organizers say the project will create more than 10,000 construction jobs and more than 1,500 permanent jobs once the hotel opens.
Construction should start next year with an opening in the second half of 2017.
More Gaylord Rockies Stories
- Much-Anticipated Gaylord Rockies Resort Finally Opens
- Gaylord Rockies Resort Celebrates Grand Opening
- With Conventions Booked Far Into Future, Gaylord Rockies Holds Job Fair
- Gaylord Resort Has Already Booked 1.1 Million Reservations
- Construction Worker Rescued After Fall At Gaylord Resort
- Get A Glimpse Inside What Will Be The Largest Hotel In Colorado
- Man’s 8-Story Fall Cushioned By Port-A-Potty