GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (CBS4) – A school district in Grand Junction is standing up for a high school music teacher after a student complained about a song being sung in the men’s choir club.

The song is called Zikr and it is composed in the style of Islamic prayer chants.

“I think there would be a lot of outrage if we made a Muslim choir sing Jesus is the only truth,” said Grand Junction High School senior James Harper. “In the Bible you don’t worship another God. This is another God, even another prophet.”

Harper, a Christian who was in the choir up until recently, said that once he looked over the translation of the song he felt uncomfortable singing it.

“I don’t want to seem like a racist or a bigot or anything I’m just really rather uncomfortable any religion singing to any other god makes me uncomfortable. It’s not just exclusive to the Muslims,” Harper told CBS4 partner KREX-TV. “I really don’t feel it is appropriate for students in a public high school to be singing an Islamic worship song.”

Harper quit the choir and also asked school leaders for the song to be pulled from an upcoming performance. He said he thinks it’s not a song that should be sung by students in a public school setting.

School District 51 spokesman Jeff Kirtland said that won’t happen; school officials stand behind choir instructor Marcia Wieland’s musical selections for what he stressed is a voluntary club choir.

“School choirs are going to be engaged in singing religious types of songs,” district spokesman Jeff Kirtland said. “Choral music is devoted to religious themes. It does not discriminate and does not discriminate against any one religion.”

Kirtland told KREX-TV that this “is about bringing diversity to the students and showing them other things that are out there.”

Since Harper raised concerns about the song several parents at the school have stepped forward in support of Wieland and the song.

“I thought it was fine, I’ve heard him sing Christian songs, Hebrew songs, I’ve heard him sing all sorts of songs,” said parent Chris Mahre. “I asked him how he felt performing that and he said, well, he felt comfortable because it wasn’t necessarily an expression of his own beliefs.”

The composer of Zikr, A.R. Rahman, a Muslim, has said it is not intended for a worship ceremony but it is composed in the Sufi prayer style. It’s an upbeat and rhythmic song which is, according to the sheet music, is meant to be performed in a “Slow, Meditative and Mysterious” fashion.

Wieland said she knew their might be questions about the song after she chose it so she asked choir members read an English translation. She also encouraged them to view a YouTube video that features the music.

View a YouTube clip of the song below:

The song has been performed by other choirs in the United States.

Comments (64)
  1. Tina says:

What happened to the separation of church and state? Apparently that only applies to christianity. So it’s ok to promote a religion that stands for extermination of all Americans but it’s not ok to promote any christian religion on which our country was founded. What is the USA coming to? Our founding fathers are rolling over in their graves. Very sad…and scary!

1. ella kunadi says:

you are not understanding this.

1. DaMav says:

Horse potatoes! This is exactly the point! The PC mafia don’t even want Christmas trees in school yet they sneak in a song praising Allah.

2. Sean says:

Tina,

If you have any interest in this topic (I suspect you are just hostile to any religion but Christianity) you will be enlightened to know that the 5th Circuit (that is the federal court directly below the Supreme Court) ruled in 1995 that the government did not violate the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment by permitting a public school to sing Christian songs in choir. The name of that case is Doe v. Duncanville Indep. Sch. Dist. 70 F.3d 402. Doe
      was distinguishable from this case in that in Doe, the students DID receive school credit. Moreover, in the 20 years before that litigation, the school had encouraged Christian prayer during curricular and extracurricular activities. Prayers were recited during class and before and after sporting events. I’ll check back to see your comments on that case in the future. I suspect you have no real interest in this issue. You just want to feel outraged and you really have no clue.

3. dee says:

Have you been in Choir? There are plenty of songs that you sing that reference GOD. And here’s a tidbit you may not know: Allah, and God are one in the same. Yep. Most people think “they” are worshiping a different God, when in reality, it’s the same, and all of us just worship him differently with different rules. They do not promote a religion that stands for extermination of all Americans. Just like there are some whacko extreme Christians out there.. they to have their whacko. So remember, the next time you hear “Allah”.. remember it’s the SAME as God.

1. DaMav says:

Your ignorance insults and demeans the Judeo-Christian God with an imposter who’s chief spokesman murdered tens of thousands and married and had sex with an 8 year old girl. You are free to worship a black rock if you want but don’t use the schools to force your twisted beliefs on the children and the rest of us.

Google “muhammad 8 year old”

2. ROD CHADWICK says:

separation between church and state what does that mean to you marcia you just dont get it you tend to really tork me off AMEN to you JAMES HARPER for standing up for your rights now try to get the song shut out of the song ensamble ROD JAY CHADWICK OGALLALA NEBRASKA

3. Lisa says:

So is there prayer in there School? how about before there Foot Ball games?? the tem commandments?? or the pledge of allegiance.?? are all these things still being done at this school…. exactly we can remove all of these things from the school that Us older people were raised with.. but you will allow this….

4. Browncloud says:

How messed up is this. that same kid would be kicked out of school if he said merry Christmas. Wake up people or have you already purchased a American flag prayer rug?

1. dee says:

Way to be over dramatic. No one has ever been kicked out of school for saying Merry Christmas.

1. John says:

Not Yet !

2. DaMav says:

Amen! Why are the ignoramuses still in charge of the achools?

5. Bobbi says:

So true – very sad and scary for all of us.

6. Linda says:

Strange that one person can complain and have Prayer taken out of schools, One Nation under God can be taken from The Pledge of Allegiance because one person complained, a wall Mural Plaque poem, written by a student in honor of the school, is being covered because One student complained, etc, etc, etc. But this school can sing an islamic prayer chant and that is ok, heck no. The music instructor and the spokesman should both be fired. Even though the choir is voluntary the school is a public school and should not cross lines. Can’t have it both ways folks.

1. dee says:

It’s not an Islamic Prayer Chant. Geez you people need to learn to read. It’s says right in the article that it’s not a religious song. Allah = God. Just like Hola means Hello. DRAMA!~!!!

1. DaMav says:

It says no such thing Dee. Here are direct quotes from the article
        — “it is composed in the style of Islamic prayer chants.”
        — ” it is composed in the Sufi prayer style.”

The article says it is not intended for a “worship service”.

Just like Taqiyya means it is ok to lie to infidels. Or encourage useful idiots to do so.

7. Jeff says:

So it’s opk for the choir to sing muslim prayer hants but can’t sing a Christmas song. There is something totally wrong with that.
    I’m glad that a young man stood up for that. We don’t need to be promoting anything muslim in our schools.

8. LoCo Bob says:

It would have been nice to see the translation so we could all make an educated decision about where we stand on this rather contentious issue.

9. Heather says:

As a music teacher, I am concerned about the comments I am reading. Much of the classical music we consider as “greats” or classics” could not be performed in schools if all religious music was disallowed. Hallejujah Chorus? Nope. Nearly anything by J.S. Bach? Nope. (He was a church organist and wrote hundreds of pieces for his choirs to sing.) There are many, many other examples of music written for a religious purpose that are full of rich musical content.
    According to previous legal precedents, schools are allowed to use religious music if taught in a historical or cultural context. I always make sure to include these contexts when teaching about religious influences in music. (“This is what some people believe…” etc.) I am sure the choir teacher has a clear curricular reason for including this particular song in the program.
    There are also exemptions for students who cannot sing any music of any religious or holiday background (i.e.Jehovah’s Witness). When I have those students in class, they are given an alternative assignment and they are excused from the concert.
    I am okay if the kid chooses not to sing the piece, but just because he doesn’t like it (or respect it) doesn’t mean the choir shouldn’t sing it. Since it is a club, his grade is not affected.
    For all his complaining about having someone else’s ideas forced on him. he is now doing the same thing by insisting the choir not sing the song.

10. Jamie H says:

I agree with everyone this is something the school should have never done. I am so glad this young man stood up for what he believes in. I remember when our school took the Pledge of Allegiance out of our school because it offended someone.

11. Ngib says:

Of all the hundreds, thousands, ten-thousands of songs the teacher could have selected, one has to wonder why she would choose a piece that would make anyone, especially one of her students, uncomfortable. Shame on her for her poor judgement. Shame on the system for allowing her to put him in such a difficult position. What ever happened to encouraging the young people to become and STAY involved in school organizaitons???

1. dee says:

You don’t have to wonder why. It’s called Tolerance. Trying to expose the positive side to a culture. It’s not a religious song. It says in the article that he’s OK singing Hebrew songs and other cultural songs. He was just ignorant in thinking Allah is different God. It’s his ignorance of his own religion that makes the news.

12. ella kunadi says:

This reaction does not deserve attention, but since it’s here… When I was growing up in the US I had to sing Christian, Jewish, and various belief based songs. Some were ridiculous to me. I didn’t believe most of what I was singing.We just did it. Middle eastern songs – religious or not are much more beautiful than the garbage they typically scratch up for school programs – and they will likely feel much more spiritual to everyone! Be thankful you have such a wonderful, and insightful teacher!

1. Dmac says:

Ella,
      With all due respect I think you fail to see what upsets so many Christians, whehter they are right or wrong. Christians for 40 years now have seen they’re beliefs and traditions thrown from all forms of public life and mostly in the public schools. Those that came to this country, most anyway, back in the 17th and 18th centuries came her to practice Christianity as they saw fit. They also tolerated other religions. However when it comes to Islam many Christians have lost their tolerance. Why should Christians care what Muslims think when nearly every Muslim country refuses to allow other religions to be taught much less spoke of? Why would Christians care about a religion the continues, even in the 21st century to teach hatred for others simply because they are from a different country or a different religion that Islam? Why would Christians care what Muslims think when Muslims are at war with us worldwide? Why should Christians worry what Muslims think when Muslims dance in the street when airliners fly into buildings at the hand of fellow Muslims? Why should Christians care what Mulsims think when Muslims harbor those would kill us all if they had the chance. Lastly, why should Christians care what Muslims think about America, when you knew it was a country deeply entrenched in Christian beliefs when you came here? Please don’t ask Christians to change, we are the ones who are tolerant and allow those with other beliefs to come here and live in peace. We only ask thay you not try to take our rights and beliefs away. We ask that you understand it was our belief in religous freedom that makes America the special place it is. We can deal with the government taking our beliefs out of the school. What we can’t deal with is the government allowing another religion to enter the schools when we were told religion can’t be there.

1. kristin says:

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. dee says:

With all due respect: People did not come here to practice their “Christian” beliefs, they came here for RELIGIOUS FREEDOM.
        Why should Christians care what Muslims think? Because it’s the SAME GOD.
        If you for one second think that Christians haven’t performed the same sort of inhuman atrocities upon mankind, then you need to do some Googling. No one is asking Christians to change. However, I ask YOU to study your own religion well so you can grasp the concept of the two religions come from the same place, and the same God. You just worship differently.
        Try watching Jesus Camp, and you’ll see the same militant thought line as the extreme Muslims we here about on the news, except it’s extreme Christians. Wake up and smell your own religion.

3. Kari says:

You make an excellent point, dee. Thanks for posting.

13. Martha says:

Good for you James Harper. Too bad more of us Christians don’t stand up for Christ more. Maybe if we had been a bit more vocal our country wouldn’t be in the mess it’s in. I agree with Tina. Very sad and very, very scary. What’s coming isn’t going to be pleasant.

1. dee says:

Hello! Allah = God. It’s the same thing. Jesus is even in their texts.. just as a prophet.. not a God. Allah=God like Hola = Hello. It’s the same God, y’all just worship him differently.
      If only the people who claimed to be so religious would actually STUDY their religion, they would know this to be fact.
      Oh well, better to be ignorant and full of hate I guess.

14. Patricia Reynertson says:

This song should NEVER be sung in a public school.

15. emily says:

I sang religious music all through high school, thanks to which I now have some understanding of Latin. This is a beautiful piece of music, and I see no difference between singing it and an Ave Maria.

They’re learning the *music* not the *religion*. It’s a really sad thing that people can’t make the distinction.

1. Bob says:

Good point. Music and religion, though closely entwined, are NOT the same thing.

16. Dave says:

“Allaah is the only One who is eternal and immortal and rest are perishable and will be destroyed by Allaah”

How could anyone find that offensive!? lol @ this stupid school for allowing that to be sung.

1. dee says:

Allah = God. The same god you worship.

God is the only One who is eternal and immortal and the rest are perishable and will be destroyed by God. Doesn’t sound so menacing now does it? How many passages in our bible speak of God’s Wrath?

Allah = God like Hola = Hello. God is the English word for Allah. Now, sit there for a minute and let that sink in.

17. Kari says:

Let me begin by saying that I am a public school teacher who stands with her students every day and says the Pledge of Allegiance, including the words “one nation, under God.” I am a Christian.

I have very dear Muslim friends, and I have found their religion to be very peaceful and tolerant of other religions. I did not learn about it on TV from the fear mongers who want and need us to support the war, who would like us to remain silent when innocent women and children are killed. Instead, I read, I spoke with followers of the religion who are not extremists, and I looked for the truth.

I see a lot of comments here, riddled with misspelled words, expressing fear and hatred for Muslims. How many of you who are commenting have bothered to learn about this religion? There is a difference between a typical Muslim and Islamic extremists. If Harper were to educate himself, he would find that the Allah referred to in the song translates to God, and He is not a prophet. Their prophet is Muhammad. They believe that the God in our Bible is the same God as their God, and they refer to Christians as People of the Book because all three religions have revealed scriptures that worship the same God. They respect Jesus Christ and the prophets who came before Him.

Here is my question for all of you. It is the year 2012. We are all more connected than we’ve ever been. Are we going to continue to hate and fear each other because of the poor choices of a few? I choose love. I choose to believe in a God who loves all His children, and does not condemn people to hell because they were born on the wrong continent.

I was raised by a music teacher, and being involved in music and the arts was among the most valuable and memorable experiences I had in school. It is about the music, and it should also be about learning about those who shares this world with us. Let’s find common ground. Where can we stand together?

1. Bob says:

We think the same way – well said.

2. kristin says:

Doormat Christianity of “loving your neighbor” is what has caused our nation to fall! We HAVE to take a stance against the political correctness. Allowing the infiltration of other religions to erradicate Christianity is wrong. “Loving” others is a must but it does not mean we don’t take a stand for Christian beliefs!! Christians have been far too complacent due to this scripture. I “love” as I take my stands! As for God “condemning” people to hell…He desires all to receive Christ for eternal salvation. Those who don’t unfortunately do go to hell. This is what the Bible teaches and this is the christian belief. Living on the wrong continent as you say does not stop people to receive salvation.

1. Kari says:

I guess we’re different kinds of Christian, and you have the right to be angry about that, but it doesn’t change my mind.

18. Bob says:

Wow, the amount of hyperbole being thrown around here is just crazy. Like Heather, I am a public school music teacher – I am actually a choir teacher. I teach at a school where the pledge is said every day, “under God” and all. Our December concert had many songs that fit into the religious context of the Christian holiday and even referenced Baby Jesus. We also shared a Hanukkuh song as well as the more secular sentiments of the season. If there was a Ramadan song arranged for my level of kids that would help them understand the music, and yes, the viewpoint, of other cultures I would consider having them sing it. The comment above about how we have children sing all kinds of things that they don’t necessarily believe is right on the money – I don’t believe in using the n-word, but I can learn about humility from Huck and forgiveness from Jim. I may not care about advanced algebra, but the logic patterns it teaches me will help me construct a cogent argument for the rest of my life. I find it rather embarrassing that the bulk of the comments on this issue appear to merely be emotional responses along the lines of “It’s about time! I’ve had my feet stepped on for far too long so I’m going to start stepping on some others!” Yes, “Christian” music might not be performed in a school in a Muslim country. That is their loss, and further proof that our system of democracy is better than theirs, in my opinion.
    Oh well, I could write another thousand words and they might still fall on closed ears.

19. Ken says:

He does make one mistake in his statement. Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are all from the same origins and the same God, but differ in beliefs in prophets. So when he was singing this song he was actually singing about the same God. My priest taught us this in Church during bible studies.

“Islam teaches that Jesus (Isa) was one of the most important prophets of God and was a human being. Muslims do not believe that he was the Son of God, nor that he is divine or part of a triune God as Christians believe. In Islam, Jesus was a human prophet who, like all the other prophets, tried to bring mankind to the worship of God. Muslims believe that Jesus was miraculously born of the Virgin Mary (Maryām). Muslims believe the creation of Jesus was similar to the creation of Adam (Adem) (the first prophet of God), they were both created by God without human fathers.”

1. dee says:

No one seems to get this point.

20. Gregory says:

How about if they all sing Nazi Wehrmacht marching songs? That’s about the equivalent of the Muslim propaganda they force on the school kids. Public schools these days are shills of the liberal left and too stupid to know they are being used.

1. DaMav says:

This is a particularly odious and offensive example. What is missiing from the article are the school board members in favor of glorifying islam in the schools so they can be voted out next election cycle.

21. william says:

Cultural stealth jihad is an integral part of the islamic supremacist war against America along with the entire Western Hemisphere. James Harper is right to rebel against this form of aggression against the American way of life (i.e., individual freedom). If the Grand Junction HS music program must have that particular song, then why are American schools not also teaching the entire true (violent and aggressive) 1400 year history of islam?

1. Meredith says:

The problem here is we are being ignorant to what the Muslims want- do some research on it and read Brigitte Gabriel’s book “Why They Hate”. Islam is a very terrifying religion and they are taught to “get rid of everyone who is not a Muslim” in their religion. Wake up, America. One way they are infilitrating our culture is on our college campuses and through our younger generations. This is an example of it.

22. Melanie says:

As a music teacher:

To take “religion” out of any school music would eradicate 90% of our repertoire to teach. There are many types of religions, and in the musical context, one must be prepared to either not sing any religious song that doesn’t match his own, or sing them all. Generally speaking, musicians can cooperate to sing no matter what their beliefs are. HOWEVER. Depending on what the translation of this music actually was, I can understand why it would force a decision for a student. For example, I would have no problem singing a Native American song, unless it was intended to WORSHIP a specific god (of nature or whatever). Since I believe in a singular GOD who rules the universe, I would not participate in this.
    But, as a music teacher and a musician, everything depends on the intent behind the music. When I have students who can not participate for religious reasons, they are given some other assignment, and they can not be punished because of it. I believe that is fair. If we took every religion out of a holiday concert, for example, we would be left with winter songs only. You can not have reference to God, Allah, Kwanzaa, Jewish tradition, or even “secular” or athiestic views. In fact I had a student tell me she was not allowed to sing any songs about Christmas. Okay… but she could not sing “Jingle Bells”. Classic holiday right? Sung in almost every department store, wal-mart, and grocery store. Did I kick her out of class? No, she just did what she could during that time. Take a look carefully. Was James FORCED to leave this voluntary singing club? I don’t think so. He decided on his own. That in itself should negate most of the hateful comments on this article.

As for you who say Allah=God. This can not be true. If Allah and God are the same, then there would be no difference between the views of Jesus Christ in Islam vs. Christianity. Period. As it stands, however, there is a HUGE difference. In fact, this difference creates a rift between the two faiths that can NEVER be mended. Jesus as the Son of God validates every part of the Scripture, and the New Testament. If Jesus was a prophet, then he was a false, and crazy prophet. Why would Islam include a prophet that is not trustworthy in their own faith? That does not make any sense. Jesus made claims to be the Son of God, bore incredible torture because of it, and still never wavered. These are facts that can not be ignored. The saying that Allah=God is the same as saying Islam=Christianity. No one who knows anything about these two religions would agree with the latter statement.
    In the Bible, part of the 10 commandments was to worship no other gods. So that being said, I can understand why James chose not to sing this song. If that was what this song was pertaining to. Our God is a jealous God and he does not take kindly to worship of other gods.

We came to this country for “religious freedom”? Yes, that is true. HOWEVER: What was our “religion” when that happened?!?? CHRISTIANITY. People came here to worship God freely. God was an essential part of the start of our country. There is NO way around it. God is our foundation. If you take the foundation out from under something that is already built, it will collapse. The laws of our country are testament to God and His laws. Taking God off our money, off our Pledge, etc. degrades our own country in its definition. Regardless of what you believe, regardless of what you attest to, TRUTH IS TRUTH. The foundation of this country was built on the Word of God. You can not change that, so why do we pretend that God was never part of our country?

1. SLNRN says:

Finally, and very well thought out and intelligent comment!! Could not have said it better.

23. DaMav says:

Well put. And I’m sure there are many wonderful music teachers who would be glad to have Weiland’s job.

24. Drummer Fiend says:

The problem with you all, is that you don’t even know how she runs a class. You haven’t been in her groups you DON’T know how she goes about anything. She teaches her students to learn and appreciate music from any genre, any culture, and any religion. She doesn’t do this to advocate for it she does it to teach diversity of music. The first thing she says when she pulls out a religious piece, “Take this home, study it , mull it over with your parents and then if anyone has a problem with it we can choose not to perform it. He did just that, and chose it was an “ok” piece to perform. It wasn’t until after everyone gave their verification that he decided the piece was bad. Did he talk to her about it before he went to the school district? I doubt it. She is very reasonable in that if you have a complaint tell her and she’ll fix it. no he went straight to the higher ups and now look what we have a nation wide debate over church and state when she clearly stated that there is absolutely ZERO advocation for any religion. Before you go judging her about being a religious fanatic or terrorist, why don’t you hear her side of the story? this kid is trying to get his fifteen minutes of fame and that’s all it’ll be. Though I should say infamy as he is now likely a social pariah throughout the whole school. Don’t be so biased against her when you don’t even know her. She is one of the best teachers I’ve ever met.

1. Meredith says:

Drummer Fiend,
      You are still young- she may be a great teacher but she is influencing you in the wrong way- research 9/11 and the people that worshiped “Allah” there and see what they did to America.

1. Drummer Fiend says:

I understand what you’re saying, but you realize this piece is not even of religious intent? The writer made the piece to be programmatic. It isn’t a religious piece. She has no intention to influence or she would get in front of the class and say “We’re singing this song.” I am young indeed, but the sad part is that I can look at this situation from a point beyond what you all apparently can. See the problem is that you people are all looking at the fact of 9/11. well what about WWII? That happened. It’s real too. You don’t condemn someone for performing a piece in German even though they killed over 6 million people. Or how about Vietnamese music? should we banish any and all of that music because of the War in Vietnam? What about a Russian Carol? it’s Russian why don’t we refuse it from the scholastic repertoire because of the Cold War? They are civilizations all believing what they choose to believe. That’s supposed to be America. land of Freedom of religion, and expression. Why is it wrong to perform a piece because it has Islamic words and says “Allah.” As for the 9/11 comment I have done my research of it. I know what a select group of people who say Praise “”Allah” have done. how is that different from saying “Praise God now I’m going to send a Nuclear Warhead to Japan”? It isn’t different the only difference is the context of culture and time. You are generalizing a whole civilization for the acts of a select group. Besides as I see it 9/11 only brought our country together while it was happening. We don’t look on that day in our daily lives and recall every life that was lost. Every shriek that emanated from from that terrible scene. It brought our society together because it was war. after, it’s just a “stupid reason we went to the mid-west.” I have seen videos of the falling towers. I have heard the videos of the final words off the few who got the privilege to call their families to say good bye. “I see water…. and buildings….” I heard the video of those words and it stayed with me. Don’t generalize a whole culture because of 9/11, and don’t judge a teacher you don’t even know. I would bet you if he would have just gone to talk to her, she would have said, “OK you don’t have to sing it” why should she be shunned for not even being able to defend herself? Over again, not even a religious song. I’m sorry if a piece is written by someone who doesn’t even practice, nor write a piece for religious purpose, it is not religious.

25. SLNRN says:

Separation of church and state, how is ANY religious song being sung in a public school? Can’t post the Ten Commandments in a court house, but can sing about Allah and chalk it up to ‘diversity’? What a bunch of bull feces.
    I don’t think this boy should have to drop out of choir, but I support his right to now be forced to sing a song that goes against his religious beliefs. I would not allow my children to sing other religious songs……oh, that is another reason they were homeschooled for years.

1. SLNRN says:

correction……………To not be forced………..

2. Drummer Fiend says:

for clarification, he wasn’t forced.

26. Tom says:

Mr. Kirtland, you and the district are playing with fire. You’re careless and naive to think this is all about rhythm.

27. taxpayer says:

As a resident of the area of the school i would like to point out my taxes still pay the light bills, fu@k the Muslims and their prayer song if Christians dont get it neither should the shoe bombers

28. Elric66 says:

Ken. You have no concept of the islamic Jesus. According to islamic scriptures, Jesus is to come back, break the cross, and serve as the Mahdi’s right hand man and convert or kill all non muslims.

1. Drummer Fiend says:

the problem is that you didn’t read his whole statement. He didn’t say anything about their prophecies being the same, he said “same God,different prophecies.” This means the God is the same, but they don’t believe the verbatim same thing.

29. Meredith says:

Interesting to see that Muslims are now giving death threats to this boy- what kind of religion gives death threats to people that don’t believe the same as them?