Which Is More Controversial? The Ahmad Brooks Hit Vs. The Tuck Rule
- Financial Impact~$16,000.Losing that playoff game probably cost a looooooot more than $16,000.
- Detractor's Biggest CriticismF****** Brees!F****** Brady!
- Still A Threat Today?The call happened a few days ago, so, yeah.Nope! It was so unpopular that it was abolished in 2013.
- Thinking rationally, Does It Sorta Make Sense?Maybe, possibly, from a certain angle…kinda.Based on how the rule is written…a little.
- Unlikely Role Player In This Whole Fiasco?Ray Lewis. He offered to pay half.The Steelers. When the Tuck Rule was abolished, it was voted down 29-1. The Pats and Redskins abstained. The Steelers were the only team to vote in favor of it.
- Legacy?Hard to say, but probably nothing. This is a quarterback’s league, after all.People will literally never stop talking about it.
With a score of 5-3, the Tuck Rule takes it. And now that it’s been voted down, let’s never, ever speak of it again. -Brian Cullen, CBS Local Sports contributor