Sports Towns: Denver Vs. Dallas
- Number Of Major Pro TeamsDenver Broncos, Colorado Avalanche, Colorado Rockies, Denver NuggetsDallas Cowboys, Dallas Stars, Texas Rangers, Dallas Mavericks
- NFL SuccessDenver BroncosDallas Cowboys
- ChampionshipsThe late 1990s-early 2000s were very good for Denver fans, who previous to that time had never seen one of their pro teams win it all during the modern era. The Broncos won the Super Bowl in 1997 and 1998. The Colorado Avalanche won the Stanley Cup in 1996 and again in 2001.The Dallas Cowboys have won the Super Bowl 5 times. The Dallas Mavericks won the NBA Championship in 2011. The Dallas Stars also won the Stanley Cup in 1999.
- NFL QBPeyton Manning frequently comes up in the conversation about best quarterbacks in the history of professional football.Tony Romo is a very talented quarterback but rarely is considered among the NFL's elite and has had little success in the playoffs.
- NFL StadiumSports Authority Field at Mile High has excellent amenities and can give opposing teams fits with it's location one mile above sea level.AT&T Stadium has a retractable dome and an enormous high definition jumbotron TV screen. It is one of the most expensive sports stadiums ever to have been built.
- Food & DrinkAt the sports bars, Denver is the place to be if you want great beer to go with your game-watching experience. It's home to Coors, and Colorado's Front Range has several of the country's most popular microbreweries, including New Belgium and Oscar Blues.It may not be the healthiest food, but Dallas has delicious Tex-Mex options on the menu in sports bars across the city, plus fantastic barbecue and Mexican fare. If you're a drinker, don't miss the frozen margs, either.
- NicknameMile High CityBig D, Metroplex
- College Sports SceneIt's been a long time since college football in the state of Colorado made any major waves nationally. The basketball teams are getting better, and DU has great hockey and lacrosse.Texas has several distinguished, high profile college football programs, including the powerhouse Texas Longhorns and the Texas A&M Aggies.
Tie! Both Denver and Dallas are fine places to live if you're a sports fan.