South Metro Fire Department
Authorities in Douglas County are investigating after some type of chemical device ruptured at SkyView Academy Tuesday morning.
A 2-3-acre grass fire broke out in Douglas County near Monarch Boulevard and Serena Street. South Metro Fire responded.
A dog in Lone Tree had to be rescued after it fell through thin ice on Wednesday.
The investigation continues as to what sparked a house fire in Centennial Monday morning.
Firefighters from South Metro Fire rushed to put out a burning school on Thursday afternoon. Firefighters arrived at Aspen Academy, located at 5859 University Blvd. in Greenwood Village, at about 3:30 p.m. to find flames shooting from the roof.
An 11-year-old boy was honored in Parker on Tuesday after he saved his friend’s life. Firefighters said William Westfall did everything right.