Laundry detergent packets — those small and sometimes highly colorful pods of liquid soap — are resulting in emergency room and hospital visits for children in Colorado and nationwide.
The price of convenience may make “laundry detergent pods” seem like a good deal, but these products may carry a high cost to your child’s health. CBS4 Medical Editor Dr. Dave Hnida reports on a new study which shows a high number of poisonings from these pods since their introduction just a few years ago.
It turns out attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) isn’t just an irritating childhood disorder. New research shows nearly a third of children continued to have ADHD as an adult.
Two new studies suggest what children watch on television could affect their behavior.
What should you do if you’ve got a baby who screams through the night? Pick them up, or let them cry? A new study says the right answer is somewhere in between — a little cuddling and a little crying. Dr. Dave Hnida reports on how to survive the nights of babyhood.
When the last time you had your kid’s cholesterol checked? Experts say to start at age 9. But wait. Other experts say the first set of experts have ties to the cholesterol drug industry. What’s a parent to do? CBS4’s Dr Dave Hnida has some tips.
If you’ve got a new baby on the way, don’t forget to pick up a bone when you go shopping for a pacifier. Dr. Dave Hnida reports on a new study that shows having a canine in the household may pay big dividends when it comes to a newborn’s health.
Looking to have the smartest child possible? One answer may be letting your child camp out in the womb for as long as possible — even after reaching “full-term.” Dr. Dave Hnida reports on how a few extra days can mean a few extra points of IQ.
There’s new research today on medicine use in children. The good news: prescriptions for antibiotics are down. The bad: prescriptions for stimulants are up. Way up. CBS4 Medical Editor Dr. Dave Hnida reports on the especially frightening trend among teens.
Button batteries have made life so much easier for us grownups. But it’s not so good when little kids play with these shiny little coin-like disks. As Dr Dave Hnida reports, trips to the ER for swallowed button batteries have more than doubled over the past twenty years… a statistic that should get the attention of every parent. It’s a case where “down the hatch” can spell life threatening injuries.