Carbon monoxide from a camp stove burning in their tent killed a father and son camping near Aspen.
Officials confirm a father and his teenage son died at their campsite near the Maroon Bells Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning while they were sleeping in a tent– but what killed them is being investigated.
Rescue crews responded to a call of two unresponsive males in the Maroon Bells Wilderness area on Wednesday.
The bus from the Aspen Highlands Ski Area up to the Maroon Bells started on Saturday. The Forest Service says it’s just too popular of a location to let everyone drive.
A second hiker missing in the Maroon Bells area has been found dead.
Searchers have found one of two hikers missing in the Maroon Bells area.
Searchers are looking for two hikers in the Maroon Bells area.
In a state like Colorado, there is no such thing as a bad drive when it comes to seeking out fall color.
Wildlife officials are hoping hunters will help them thin out the bear population as bears keep getting into campsites near Aspen.
The closure of 11 campsites near Aspen this weekend due to bears follows a string of bear-related encounters that have worried officials.