Shaun Boyd is an award winning reporter with 20 years experience. She has covered some of Colorado’s biggest stories including Columbine, the University of Colorado football recruiting scandal, the Prof. Ward Churchill controversy and the JonBenet Ramsey murder investigation.
“I’ve lived through the Hayman Fire, T-REX, Y2K and the drought. I’ve also weathered the blizzard of 2003 and blizzards of 2006 to deliver the news,” says Shaun.
In addition to receiving numerous Emmy nominations and regional awards from her peers in the industry, Shaun has also won the respect of those she works with in law enforcement and firefighting. The Emergency Services Public Information Officers organization named her its media person of the year in 2003.
Shaun is a native of Michigan and graduated cum laude from the University of Notre Dame. She worked as a reporter at KGAN-TV in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and as an anchor/reporter at WOOD-TV in Grand Rapids, Michigan before coming to CBS4 in 1998.
Shaun is CBS4′s Political Specialist. She is married to former CBS4 reporter Raj Chohan. They have twins, born in 2002, and two dogs.
Just The Facts
- Favorite story: Series about people who held onto their faith in the face of extraordinary grief.
- Favorite word: Mommy
- Dream interview: Mother Theresa
- Most memorable interview: Parents of a baby who was dying
- Dream job: Stay-at-home mom
- First story: Series on homelessness
- Role model: Mom
- Why I am a journalist: I like news and I like to write.
- Alma Mater: University of Notre Dame
- Star sign: Leo
- Hobbies: Crafts with my kids
- Favorite food: Italian & Indian
- Favorite musician: My husband, Raj Chohan
- Favorite author: H.A. & Margret Rey (creators of Curious George)
- Favorite vacation spot: Traverse City, Mich.
- Hidden talent: Handy(wo)man
- Job I would never attempt: Circus performer
- Number of siblings: Four
- Number of pets: Two
- Favorite sports team: Notre Dame
- Least favorite household chore: Scrubbing wood floors
- Favorite noise: My kids’ laughter
- Least favorite noise: Whining
- What’s on you iPod? iPod? You mean Walkman?
- What keeps you in Colorado? CBS4
- Who would play you in a movie? Lauren Holly
Send A Message To Shaun
- Rocky Mountain National Park Severe Weather, June 17 &... Tedeschi Trucks Band At Red... Black Forest Fire
- Westminster Explosion Denver Comic Con 2013 Colorado Rockies 2013 Pridefest Parade
- Denver Chalk Art Festival Festival For Water At Civic... Pikes Peak Internat'l Hill... Colorado Mug Shots
- Staunton State Park Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo Father's Day Gift Ideas Coloradan Wins 'Cheese Roll'