Shaun Boyd is an award winning reporter with more than 20 years of experience.
As CBS4’s Political Specialist, she covers the state legislature, national political stories, and she leads our election coverage year after year.
In 2012, Shaun traveled to both the Democratic National Convention and the Republican National Convention where she provided instant analysis of keynote addresses in live reports. She also did one-on-one interviews with President Obama and GOP presidential candidate Governor Mitt Romney and hosted numerous debates between Colorado’s Congressional candidates.
Shaun has covered some of Colorado’s biggest political stories in recent years including legislation legalizing civil unions for gay couples, new gun control laws and a ballot measure legalizing marijuana.
In addition to covering day-to-day political stories, Shaun also fact-checks political ads in her “Reality Check” series.
She has received numerous Emmy nominations and regional awards from her peers in the industry and has also won the respect of those she works with in law enforcement and firefighting. The Emergency Services Public Information Officers organization named her its media person of the year in 2003.
Shaun is a native of Michigan and graduated cum laude from the University of Notre Dame. She worked as a reporter at KGAN-TV in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and as an anchor/reporter at WOOD-TV in Grand Rapids, Michigan before coming to CBS4 in 1998.
She is married to former CBS4 reporter turned prosecutor, Raj Chohan. They have twins and a dog. In her free time, Shaun enjoys watching her son play ice hockey and her daughter figure skate.
Just The Facts
- Favorite story: Series about people who held onto their faith in the face of extraordinary grief.
- Favorite word: Mommy
- Dream interview: Mother Theresa
- Most memorable interview: Parents of a baby who was dying
- Dream job: Stay-at-home mom
- First story: Series on homelessness
- Role model: Mom
- Why I am a journalist: I like news and I like to write.
- Alma Mater: University of Notre Dame
- Star sign: Leo
- Favorite food: Italian & Indian
- Favorite musician: My husband, Raj Chohan
- Hidden talent: Handy(wo)man
- Number of siblings: Four
- Number of pets: Two
- Favorite sports team: Notre Dame
- Favorite noise: My kids’ laughter
- Least favorite noise: Whining
- What keeps you in Colorado? CBS4