This article is provided and sponsored by Colorado Renaissance Festival.
Colorado Renaissance Festival
Escape to the Extraordinary!
Saturdays & Sundays, June 10 – July 30
Location: 650 W. Perry Park Ave. Larkspur, CO 80118. The Festival is conveniently located off Interstate I-25, halfway between Denver and Colorado Springs. Use exit 173 when coming from Denver and 172 when approaching from Colorado Springs.
Travel Time: It takes approximately 25 to 30 minutes to reach the Festival from Denver and Colorado Springs.
2017 Dates: The Festival will be held for eight weekends, Saturdays and Sundays only! June 10 through August 30. Weekends are June 10/11, 17/18, 24/25, July 1/2, 8/9, 15/16, 22/23, 29/30.
Hours: 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Admission: The gate admission for adults is $24.00 and $12.00 for children ages 5 to 12. Children under 5 are free.
Parking: FREE parking and shuttle service are available from the parking lot to the Festival entrance.
For tickets & more information: www.coloradorenaissance.com
The Colorado Renaissance Festival Will Have More Music, Magic, and Merriment than Ever Before! The Acts will Amaze You, Save You,Bonk You on the Head, & Make You Spew with Laughter!
June 10 & 11: OPENING WEEKEND! “A Magical Adventure!!”
Come celebrate with us and make magical and mystical memories as we begin our 41st Anniversary Season! Our opening weekend features the return of favorites and the arrival of the new and exciting! The Colorado Renaissance Festival, “A MAGICAL ADVENTURE!”
June 17 &18: ROYAL ALE & ART FESTIVAL!
We raise our mugs to our Nation’s heroes this weekend! Free Ale Sampling will be held at the Dancing Bear Pub from 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. This weekend only, all military personnel receive a Buy-One-Get-One-Free Adult Ticket with Military I.D. plus their children, ages 12 and under, enter the realm free! Redeem at the Box Office only!
June 24 & 25: CELTIC FESTIVAL!
“Saol fada agust breac-shláinte chugat.” Long life and fair health to you! Enjoy our Celtic weekend, including special Celtic Dance Groups, Musicians, and Pipe Bands. Don Ye Kilts for the “Best Men in Kilts” contest. Sam Adams sampling at the Dancing Bear Pub will be from 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Flavors include Curious Traveler, Grapefruit Traveler, Summer Ale, & Rebel Grapefruit IPA.
July 1 & 2: CHILDREN’S WEEKEND!
In honor of the young Princes, Princesses, and Pirates, this weekend will be filled with activities for the little ones. A costume contest will be held at the Pirate Ship Stage. There will also be a Royal Quest and for those who complete the deed, Good King Henry and Faire Queen Anne will reward them at the Knighting Ceremony. For this weekend only, Children 12 and under experience the festival for free with a paying adult!
July 8 & 9: WINE REVELRY!
“The Discovery of a good wine is increasingly better for mankind than the discovery of a new star” ~Leonardo Da Vinci. Participate in the Legendary Grape Stomp Competition for prizes. Also, join us for Free Wine Sampling at the Dancing Bear Pub from 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
July 15 & 16: LOVE and ROMANCE!
Join our Romeos and Juliets in this weekend dedicated to lovers. Renew your vows and faith and commitment at our “Renewal of Vows” ceremony, taking place daily. Also, attend the “Forever Real” Royal Wedding Ceremony, as romance is in the air!
July 22 & 23: PIRATE INVASION!
Argh Matey! Pirates have invaded the festival! Enjoy a weekend of rousing good tales and tunes of high-seas adventures, swash-buckling sword fights, and a jolly good time! Special Events to be announced soon. “Drink up me hearties, yo ho!”
July 29 & 30: FARE THEE WELL & MARDI GRAS STYLE CARNIVALE
A Final Huzzah! It’s a weekend filled with frivolities that is truly fit for a King. It is King Henry’s 527th Birthday after all! We’ll celebrate Mardi Gras style with beads galore! Mardi Gras today is about the Celebration of life, laughter, music, and dance. So join us in the fun, don your favorite mask and costume and let the “Ye Olde Good Times Roll”! It will be a memorable conclusion to our 41st Anniversary Season!
NEW PERFORMANCES AND RETURNING FAVORITES INCLUDE:
- Washing Well Wenches: Wacky, wonderful, wildly funny women!
- The Kamikaze Fireflies: Juggling, hula hoops, german wheel, whip cracking, and many tricks never seen anywhere else. FIRST FOUR WEEKENDS ONLY!
- The Angels: Heroines in Disguise! Heavenly beautiful, devilishly dangerous, righteously brave, and wickedly clever! A Renaissance variety act!
- The Living Fountain: A beautiful statue that transforms with magical grace into a Living Fountain!
- Arsene of Paris: Internationally acclaimed comedic performer extraordinaire!
- Hey Nunnie Nunnie: Mother Redempta and Sister Philomena Claire take to the stage in a dazzling display of improvisational and comedic escapade! LAST FOUR WEEKENDS ONLY!
- Lady Amyelia the Hypnotist: A classy & sassy romp through your inner mind! Where you and your friends become the stars of the show and nothing is scripted!
- Turtle and the Hair: LAST FIVE WEEKENDS ONLY! Bringing traditional world music, fun, and revelry to the stage! It’s a Hair-Raising Good Time!
- Wilsome: Extraordinary and daring feats of fire manipulation!
- Acrobatrix: A quirky contortionist plus a charismatic juggler equals a show that is guaranteed to satisfy the audience!