COMING UP: It's Thursday Night Football Blitz presented by Connect For Health Colorado, with Demaryius Thomas & Rahim Moore. Watch it on CBSDenver.com at 6 p.m. or head to the new ViewHouse Centennial to see it live!
- Barrie Signs 2-Year Deal With Avalanche The Colorado Avalanche signed Tyson Barrie to a two-year deal after a breakout season by the defenseman.
- Steve Moore Glad To Be Done With Legal Order Steve Moore says the 10 years since his NHL career ended with an on-ice attack have been "long and trying," but he is glad to be done with the legal ordeal.
- Iginla, Avs In 'Go For It' Mode The Colorado Avalanche have lots of great young players on their roster and this year they will have a future Hall of Famer hopefully taking them to the next level.
- Goalie Giguere Retires After 16 Seasons In NHL Goaltender Jean-Sebastien Giguere is retiring after 16 NHL seasons in which he won 262 games, a Conn Smythe Trophy and a Stanley Cup championship.
- Settlement Reached In Moore-Bertuzzi Lawsuit A settlement has been reached in Steve Moore's lawsuit against NHL forward Todd Bertuzzi, more than 10 years after the bloody, on-ice attack ended Moore's career.
- Former Av Andre Benoit Signs With Sabers The Buffalo Sabres signed free-agent defenseman Andre Benoit to a one-year contract Wednesday.
- Avalanche Sign O'Reilly To Contract Before Arbitration The Colorado Avalanche signed forward Ryan O'Reilly to a two-year contract through the 2015-2016 season. The signing avoids arbitration.
- Sakic Praises New Av Iginla's Shot, Leadership The executive vice president of hockey operations for the Colorado Avalanche says the addition of veteran Jarome Iginla to the roster will help out in a lot of ways.
- Top 5 Colorado Sports Stories In 2014 So Far The Broncos weren't overwhelming favorites to win Super Bowl XLVIII but a 43-8 loss to the Seattle Seahawks was a punch to the stomach of Broncos Nation. That story tops the list of the top Colorado sports stories of the first half of 2014.
- Top 3 New Players To Watch On The Colorado Avalanche The Colorado Avalanche made a lot of moves quickly during the NHL's free agency period last week, and Avs fans are probably wondering if the team wound up bettering itself in the process.
- Peter McNab Calls Situation With Avs & Ryan O’Reilly ‘Unpleasant’ Colorado Avalanche analyst Peter McNab doesn’t think the team will get a long-term deal done with center Ryan O’Reilly, who currently isn’t under contract, and calls the situation “unpleasant.”
- Former Avs Player Moore Increases His Claim To $68M In Civil Suit Steve Moore's lawyers filed documents in his civil suit increasing his financial claims from $38 million to $68 million.