ADAMS COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4)– A man has been charged with 35 counts, including attempted first-degree murder, in a string of armed robberies of marijuana grow supply businesses.
Rocky Pedersen has been charged with four counts of attempted first-degree murder, eight counts of aggravated robbery, three counts of attempted aggravated robbery, nine counts of menacing, one count of theft and 10 counts of violence which is a sentencing enhancer.
Many of the robberies were captured on surveillance video.
Pedersen, 31, was advised of the charges in Adams County Court on Wednesday morning and remains in custody on a $500,000 bond. He is scheduled for a preliminary hearing on April 6.
The charges are connected to incidents at marijuana grow supply stores and a liquor store from Oct. 26, 2016 to Feb. 28.
- October 26, 2016 aggravated robbery at Grow Depot, 970 W. 104th Ave., Northglenn
- November 6, 2016 aggravated robbery at Way to Grow hydroponic supply store at 301 E. 57th Ave., Adams County
- December 10, 2016 aggravated robbery at Grow hydroponic supply store, 6395 Gunpark Drive, Boulder
- January 11, 2017 aggravated robbery at Won’s Liquor store, 2021 E. 160th Ave., Adams County
- January 26, 2017 attempted aggravated robbery at Way to Grow hydroponic supply store, 301 E. 57th Ave., Adams County
- February 6, 2017 aggravated robbery at Grofax 5 Hydroponic Supply Center,
8868 Federal Blvd., Federal Heights
- February 28, 2017 shots fired at Grow Depot 970 W. 104th Ave., Northglenn
In the robbery at Way To Grow in Adams County, surveillance video shows the suspect with a rifle walk into the store. He is wearing ski goggles in the video.
The Feb. 28 robbery at Grow Depot ended with a shootout.
A source told CBS4’s Jeff Todd that the suspect, presumably Pedersen, walked in and warned an employee that something bad was about to happen. Minutes later the suspect came back inside with a weapon and demanded money. That’s when an employee exchanged gunfire with the suspect.
Police say Pedersen drove to the hospital where he was taken into custody.