SEVERE WEATHER ALERT: Blizzard conditions: CDOT closes majority of I-25 between Castle Rock & CoSprings, E.bound I-70 at Airpark Rd. ... Watch Latest Forecast | School Closings | Traffic | Winter Ready Section

Alcohol, Speed Believed To Be Factors In Fatal Crash

AURORA, Colo. (CBS4) – Alcohol and speed appear to be factors in a fatal crash that occurred in Aurora early Sunday morning, according to police.

The crash happened in the 9900 Block of East Florida Avenue just after 2:30 a.m.

”The preliminary investigation shows a black Infinity was eastbound on Florida when it lost control and rolled several times ending up on the sidewalk to the north of East Florida Avenue. The car hit several trees and a light pole in the process. An adult male passenger was pronounced dead at the scene,” police said in a statement.

The male driver was taken to the hospital and is critical condition. A woman was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.

No names have been released.

Comments

1. Robert Gift, EMT says:

Don’t drive drunk. Don’t ride with drunks.
    Glad the idiot did not kill motorists or pedestrians.

1. Z says:

Please don’t say that about PHiZZ

1. Nero says:

Just because he was a Pro CoD Icon doesn’t excuse being an idiot. Yes, I’ll miss Phil but speed and driving drunk are never a good combination

2. Anders says:

“Believed” to be factor.. Dosen’t mean the driver was drunk.

1. turns out he wasnt just drunk, he was wasted. sad he had to die, but i’m glad he isnt driving 75mph on 35mph streets, wasted, in my city anymore.

3. Aiden VanOrder says:

You’re and idiot if you think that he was drunk. Phil aka PHiZZURP was driving and had not been drinking therefore they made him drive. It was not his car so he wasn’t used to it and ended up losing control going through 3 trees and flipping into a pole. His girlfriend that also was in the accident that survived put on twitter “& he wasn’t drinking and driving. He never put me in a position where I was uncomfortable. It wasn’t his car so he wasn’t use to driving it” also she said “That police report is incorrect Phil was drinking water I even called him cute cuz he was being sober that night.” This report is wrong.

4. gorshtenin says:

I’d like to say something. I’m Philip’s cousin, Yan. Although I’m in California, Natasha (His Mom) and Adrianna called me with the news while I at work this morning and in fact, he was not drunk or on drugs; he actually only drank water. He did not drive his car (a c450 AMG Mercedes) he drove his friends. Philip was my best friend for 15 years, please stop talking negatively. Please stop saying my cousin, best friend and closest person I had to a brother drank and drive.

5. Jake says:

I hope you realise that this report is FALSE and contains MISLEADING information about PHIZZURP. He was not Drunk at as blood tests were done afterwards to prove this FACT. So before you COMMENT such SLANDER, get your facts straight.

2. RIP PHIZZURP you are my idol and you will not be missed

3. Aiden VanOrder says:

4. :/ says:

Used to watch Phizzurp a few years ago when I really into COD.
    What happened to him is awful. Rip

5. E says:

Drunk or not he was obviously speeding for a car to take that much damage. I seen him tweet in the past about getting speeding tickets every now and then.

6. Jamie says:

Tox report has been released, stating Phillip wasn’t under the influence while driving, please refreain from making comments saying he was before it was proven..

1. Where is the report shown? I’d hope it would be released for the public to see so a lot of people can just quit making assumptions about it.

7. Robert Gift, EMT says:

Thank you for correcting that HE WAS NOT DRINKING or DRUGING.
    Driving someonelse’s car is no excuse. I have driven many cars of all kinds, including Rolls Royce and friends’ race cars.
    If you do not know the vehicle, why speeding in a residential area?
    He could have killed someone or their beloved pet with his reckless driving.