Brandon Marshall Kneels During National Anthem

DENVER (CBS4) – Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall kneeled during the National Anthem at the start of Thursday night’s season opener.

Brandon Marshall (credit: CBS)

CBS4’s Mark Haas interviews Brandon Marshall in the Broncos locker room on Thursday night. (credit: CBS)

Andra Day sang the anthem at Sports Authority Field at Mile High, and the television broadcast showed Marshall on one knee as other Broncos teammates were standing.

Singer Andra Day performs the National Anthem before the Denver Broncos take on the Carolina Panthers at Sports Authority Field at Mile High on Sept. 8, 2016. (credit: Justin Edmonds/Getty Images)

Singer Andra Day performs the national anthem before the Denver Broncos take on the Carolina Panthers at Sports Authority Field at Mile High on Sept. 8, 2016. (credit: Justin Edmonds/Getty Images)

All of the players on the Carolina Panthers appeared to be standing as well.

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s decision not to stand for the national anthem during the preseason has sent shockwaves through the NFL, and some players have followed suit. Kaepernick said he is doing it as a protest against the way African-Americans and other minorities are treated in American society.

Marshall talked about his decision to kneel in the locker room after the game.

“I’m not against the military, I’m not against the police or America. I’m just against social injustice,” Marshall said.

Inside linebacker Brandon Marshall of the Denver Broncos looks on from the bench in the first half against the Carolina Panthers at Sports Authority Field at Mile High on Sept. 8, 2016.  (Photo by Justin Edmonds/Getty Images)

Inside linebacker Brandon Marshall of the Denver Broncos looks on from the bench in the first half against the Carolina Panthers at Sports Authority Field at Mile High on Sept. 8, 2016. (Photo by Justin Edmonds/Getty Images)

Marshall said he will continue to refuse to stand during the anthem at the start of games. He said he also plans to donate an “undisclosed amount” of money to charities that help veterans.

“I’m going to be active in this,” Marshall said.

The Denver Broncos released a statement about the matter to NBC, the network broadcasting the game:

Marshall was a teammate of Kaepernick’s when he played college football at Nevada, and he said their personal relationship played a factor in his action.

“Colin is my fraternity brother, my ex-teammate, and I believe in what he’s trying to do. I believe in his actions. So I definitely want to stand by him,” Marshall said.

Brandon Marshall (credit: CBS)

Brandon Marshall during the Broncos Super Bowl 50 parade (credit: CBS)

Marshall left the game midway through the second quarter with an injury. He was taken to the locker room and was evaluated for a concussion, but was cleared to return. The Broncos wound up winning the game 21-20 after a last second missed field goal by the Panthers, but all anyone wanted to ask Marshall about in the locker room afterwards was the statement he made before the game started.

RELATED: Kaepernick’s No. 7 Now 3rd Most Popular Jersey Among QBs

Eric Reid, Kaepernick’s 49ers teammate, and Seattle Seahawks cornerback Jeremy Lane also chose not to stand during the anthem during preseason games after Kaepernick first did so. A few other NFL players have stated they plan to stage similar protests at upcoming games.

“I feel like this is the right platform. This is our only platform to really be heard. And I feel a lot of times people want us to just shut up and entertain them, shut up and play football. But we have voices as well,” Marshall said. “We’re actually educated individuals that went to college. So when we have an opinion and we speak it, I feel a lot of people bash us for what we have to say.”

Broncos coach Gary Kubiak didn’t take sides when asked after the game about Marshall’s decision.

“I’ll just say this: Brandon is a great kid. He is a leader of this team. I believe in our players, you guys can talk to me about that. I believe in our guys and I believe in them whole-heartedly,” Kubiak said.

The San Francisco 49ers announced on Thursday they are donating $1 million to a pair of Bay Area groups in an effort to improve relationships between law enforcement and local communities.

Comments

1. Charlie says:

Pat Bolan, not under his watch

2. This isn’t a protest in your spare time. This is on-the-job idiocy. If I protested something at any job that I ever had during company time, I would be fired.

The NFL needs to crack down on these really stupid, un-American players.

1. ***** says:

how about the patriot American fans ‘crack’ down on em…stop going –stop buying..

2. does your job require you to stand for the national anthem everyday.

3. Boston Patriot says:

@ccchhhrrriiisss @Geno…my thoughts exactly. To paraphrase Laura Ingraham- shut up and play football. Like Brandon Marshall I’m gonna be active in this as well. If the NFL let’s the Seahawks protest as a team and don’t fine or punish them in some way then I’m done with watching NFL.

3. SUSAN DANIELS says:

Fire him. Let him go look for another job that pays so well.

1. WagTheDog says:

He might find a job picking up trash on the freeway … that’s about it.

4. And that’s when I turned the game off,I don’t need these jerks.

1. There is a public backlash coming and when it does neither the players who do this nor the owners who condone it are going to be pleased. I will NOT watch any future NFL games!

2. Riquin says:

I turned the TV off — I had it !!!

5. Ted Gonzalez says:

Of course Bench HIM and EVERYONE KNEELING!

These people are stupid idiots. Listen to how uninformed and undereducated each of them are on their understanding of current events, history, along with their level of naivety when it comes to understanding how the social engineering of the main stream media has programmed the most uninformed people to believing everything they see on the news. you question where they gets their news from and how much of it do the understand…

kneeling and purposely, publicly refuting the anthem is Idolizing and promoting un american ideology and disrespecting so many people of all generations – including the millennial mindsets by acting like this.

These guys represent the worst idiots in the NFL. and They can’t understand IT’S NOT the FLAGS FAULT or the ANTHEM’s FAULT! STAND UP ATLEAST! THAT FLAG IS WHAT GAVE YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO PLAY THIS GAME!

AMazing how many people there are out there defending these people “IT’s their first amendment right to express themselves – Who Cares!?”

6. Bic Bickel says:

Note to the NFL. We don’t need you! Just be aware.

7. and karma is biting them in the ass

8. brian says:

Here is a thought – stay in the locker room if you won’t respect our flag and anthem you punk. Hold a press conference, put an add in the paper, do whatever the hell you want but when you are in our stadium you stand for our anthem. Don’t smile, don’t put you hand on your heart, tell all your friends you hate the country, but when the flag goes up in our house you stand. Embarrassed to be a bronco fan tonight. I thinkI’ll cheer for the team that stood. And if the NFL can’t put something on the field that doesn’t offend me, I’ll do something else on Sunday. Good job54, jerk. Same for u your Broncos – vote with your wallet fans – stop watching. Oh by the way, American’s die everyday so you can embarrass us.

9. Sam Wilson says:

Just cancled my Direct TV season pass. I am done with this.

10. I’m protesting the protesters by not attending any NFL games and Not watching on TV. So long, advertisers!

11. Bill says:

Walk out and suggest others join you.

12. Mike Doran says:

I did not watch the NFL game tonight and will no longer and will not be attending any games…good bye NFL

13. Jeremy Hartman says:

So we have a BLM activist on the Bronco’s team. One who is considered to be worth millions of dollars to the people who support the team. Well, this guy is NOT a team player. He is an ignorant, selfish, opportunistic supporter of racist organizations. I hope his contract ends soon.

14. Christ bearer says:

NFL wont bench him…too much money involved. I must say though…This man has every right he is blessed with here in the U.S.A. People fought and died for his rights as well as all American citizens. I have no respect for his lack of respect for our Anthem. But If they want to protest the social injustices of our country, then may I suggest all Professional Athletes who desire to kneel to protest these injustices, sell their homes in the ritzy neighborhoods, sell their fancy cars, sell those thousand dollar shoes, suits, jewelry and give every dollar to the poor low income neighborhoods. For that matter buy a house in these neighborhoods and use your money to help the poor…no matter what race they may be. Anyone can take a knee. The next time you take a knee, make sure you give thanks to our amazing Lord and Savior rather then trying to protest injustice by posing for a photo. You impress no one. I hope when you look at your next over abundant paycheck you use that to buy your new home in the poorest of neighborhoods and use the rest of your money to help those truly in need of lifes essentials. Or give it to the disabled under appreciated veterans who gave up a part of themselves so you can take a knee. Many are disappointed and angered at your spoiled antics.

15. Stop playing the national anthem, so they don’t have an attention-grabbing move. Or play Dixie.

1. mzstitch says:

Too tired to stand, Broncos suck

1. maxvordriv says:

Says a lot of these organizations that allow that to happen wearing their uniforms. The problem is most of these thugs have an IQ just a higher than a grasshopper and don’t even know what they are protesting. And the owners of the clubs allowing are even bigger POS for allowing it.

2. I hope he will be kneeling at the unemployment line soon

1. beedogs says:

What a surprise: more racist trash in the comments. Kill yourself.

2. Alejandro says:

Stuff it, beedogs. Obsolete farm equipment in this country needs to be reminded of their place in the scheme of things.

3. dumb people playing a dumb game being watched by dumb people.

1. Lea Grady says:

You don’t bench his ass, goodbye Broncos. What’s he protesting? His Escalade? His mansion? Is he suffering from “black guilt”? What is he protesting? That after eight years of black president and black DOJ, the black criminals are still NOT able to shoot a cop without repercussions? I don’t need them. They need us for their paychecks! All of them – the players, the coaches, the owners.

4. splorndle says:

The players have a right and a duty to follow their conscience but I do not have to pay for their salaries. If this is one or two players it is no big deal but if this becomes a movement which becomes the face of the NFL I will take my money elsewhere. The problem in this country is not the police and I will not indulge this fantasy.

1. Badshah Khan says:

Problem is not all police, its the bad apples in the police. As soon as police unions stop protecting these bad apples among them, protest should end.

1. bralinshan says:

I’m going to take a knee to the NFL until this BS stops. These clowns don’t realize that EVERYONE is mad and wants change….I’d like to change the taxes that I pay to support black babies out of wedlock. But, I’ll stand when I hear our national anthem.

2. fish McFisht says:

It is not the Police at all. It is Politicians that have written a Law for EVERYTHING. Govt thinks its our babysitters.

3. B Da Truth says:

As soon as Blacks start acting like civilized people and stop committing most of the crime in the nation the problem will heal itself.

4. The Police unions will not stop protecting the “bad apples” for the same reason lawyers will not stop protecting criminals. It is their job.

I would agree that neither bad apples nor criminals should be defended but determining guilt is the job of the judge and jury. If I were ever accused of something I hope it would be somebody other than the person I need to defend me determining my guilt.

5. Mike says:

The problem is: Knockout King gangs, flash mob robberies, rioters, looters, and arsonists, and rampant criminality by members of the “oppressed” group.

2. Patty Davos says:

When I think about my father who served in WWII, I am sickened by these boys’ actions. I say boys because, “Where have all the real men gone?” is what I keep asking myself. America is headed for something really ugly. If this becomes a trend in the NFL, I hope people will tune out. When these ‘boys’ realize they aren’t going to make any money, and they are too stupid to do anything else but hit and run, they will be begging their mostly ‘white’ audience to come back.

5. Brad says:

Disrespectful not to stand during the National Anthem. This is the best country on the face of the Earth. Try living in Africa or Central America for a few years and I bet you would do ANYTHING to come back to the United States.

1. Clif says:

I’m sorry that the USA hasn’t been kind enough to you guys by giving you tons of money to do a job that nobody needs to have done.

6. tleckert says:

Well, I am going to exercise my right not to watch another NFL team.

1. John S says:

Let’s have National Turn Off the NFL Week, and see how that goes for these spoiled brats.

2. Michael says:

bye NFL, Please spend your time and money with your family, NOT on the NFL.
      let your $$ talk.

7. John S says:

They stink even more now.

8. Gene German says:

The NFL can go to hell if they do nothing to stop this disrespect for America.

9. williampenn says:

A national boycott of this league of thugs is long overdue.

1. George Henry says:

The NFL is now the AFL, the African Football League. I have lost all interest.

10. Badshah Khan says:

Brandon Marshall is the true patriot here. Just like we stood up to tyranny of British rule, these black athletes are standing up to years of thuggery by the bad cops. Bad cops are literally trampling the constitution with their acts. Next time, I hope everyone who has taken the oath to protect the constitution joins this protest. They should end their protest when police unions stop being whining cry baby, stop defending the bad apples among them and let justice system prosecute these bad apples as domestic terrorists.

1. The bad apples actually kill more Hispanics and Whites per interaction…you Leftists would be amusing if you were only a danger to yourselves.

1. Badshah Khan says:

And that is precisely why I am saying that police unions need to stop defending the bad apples. Whites and Hispanic lives are as precious. Blacks are raising their voice against the issue and kudos to them.

2. jwingermany says:

Thuggery by cops? You apparently buy the BLM media created false narrative. You need to do your research on the statistics.

Did you know that Blacks are 80x (!!!) more likely to get shot by other Blacks than they are from cops? Did you know that Whites are more likely to get shot by cops relative to the number of crimes that they commit? Did you know that Blacks are shot more by Black cops than they are from White cops?

The list goes on and on……

3. Alejandro says:

People like you are why the n-word is still in vogue.

4. timefortrump says:

Go back to Pakistan you jerk

11. Roger Goodell is a far left lunatic liberal running the monopoly NFL. It needs to be taxed into insolvency.

12. Sigmund says:

Disrespectful A hole. Dumb as a rock. They politicized the NFL. hockey anyone?

13. Golfnutty says:

It’s a black thing. Who cares?

14. Rob Smith says:

Compared to Blacks, Whites’ brains:

•   are 7% larger (1438cc versus 1343cc)
         •   are 100 grams heavier
         •   have deeper fissuration in the frontal and occipital regions
         •   have more complex convolutions and larger frontal lobes
         •   have more pyramidal neurons
         •   have 16% thicker supra-grandular layer
         •   react faster on mental chronometry tests
         •   have 600 million more neurons (each carries about 600 billion synapses, which each carry one bit of cortical information)

Genes contribute to about 90% of the individual variation of brain size.

Blacks are the only racial group with no DNA from the large-brained Neanderthals, and also the only race without the derived form of MCPH1 microcephalin called haplogroup D which produces increased brain volume.

1. Clif says:

Tastes better sauteed with some shallots.

2. prelusive007 says:

What’s your source for all of that, Rob? I’d like to see it.

15. Fukko Bamma says:

F–k the Negro Football League.

16. Rob Smith says:

Whites are only 10% of the world’s population, yet are the most industrious, ingenious, and innovative race the world has known. Whites have formed nations, built civilizations, assumed and administrated power, created the Renaissance, the Age of Discovery, the Industrial Revolution, automation, technology, the space program which landed men on the moon and launched probes exploring beyond the solar system, discovered electricity, created wonder drugs and architecture and have harnessed nuclear power, have unlocked the secrets of DNA and relativity, created computer science and the internet age…… sub-Saharan Africans still cannot even feed themselves.

No pre-contact sub-Saharan African society ever created a written language, or weaved cloth, or forged steel, invented the wheel or plow, or devised a calendar, or code of laws, or any social organization, or formal religion. or system of measurement, or math, or built a multi-story structure or bridge or sewer, or infrastructure of any kind, and they never harnessed a river, or even drilled well or irrigated, or built a road or railway or sea-worthy vessel, they never domesticated animals, or exploited underground natural resources, or produced anything that could be considered a mechanical device.

Blacks are the only race incapable of caring for themselves. Whites still have to provide food, medical, financial and engineering aid to Africans. They couldn’t survive without White charity. Blacks became an out-of-control invasive species after Whites domesticated them.

1. Jimmy not THAT jimmy says:

you forgot … beer. We invented beer.

17. Ted says:

ime to boycott Football, too many over paid athletes.

18. grunk says:

#NFLLIVESMATTER

Somehow, I’m not on board.

19. rICHARD says:

Is it any wonder that I don’t give a dam about the NFL And there spoiled brats . I only hope these brats leave the US and end up in some place like IRAQ

20. will not watch says:

Stop going to games people…stop watching onTV… maybe they’ll get their sh(t together next year.

21. Jim says:

The players have a right not to stand. And because they don’t respect her honor this country maybe they should be deported. I as a taxpayer will oppose every stadium, training center or any other thing that has to do with a football team that does not stand for the national anthem. If they don’t like it leave. See how well they do in South Africa, or Iraq

22. Pyramid says:

What these geniuses don’t seem to realize is that most people turn to sports because of this kind of cr@p in their everyday lives. You want to bring politics into your sport? They will find another diversion.

And another thing, no one cares what you think.

23. Ricardoh says:

Fire anyone who doesn’t stand. Enough of this phony protest.

24. jwingermany says:

If you want to make a political statement then get the hell out of football and run for office you spoiled brat pos. I am tired of these punks. The NFL is just as much to blame for not putting these players in their place. The National Anthem is part of the game…if you don’t want to stand then you don’t need to play selfish millionaire jerks.

25. Mike says:

My wife would rather watch Lifetime movies anyway.

26. Tom Piper says:

Hey Brandon. Get the hell out of America. I hope they cut you from the team and pay you off in pesos.

27. Hank says:

Clearly privilege, hard work and good fortune are no guarantee for good sense and logic!

28. Pepina says:

These clowns have no idea of what they’re protesting – it’s ego and publicity. Ask any of them to explain, explicitly, what it is that they want and they’ll give you the equivalent of a beauty contestant’s “world peace and end of hunger” speech. If they were serious, they would be in the trenches.. visiting schools, creating college funds, setting up clinics, feeding, helping, mentoring instead of trashing their own country and creating more animus. Idiots!

29. Owen says:

Tyranny will thrive when it is only met with kneeling and sitting slaves, no matter the colour or creed of said slaves.
    Tolerance and apathy are the final virtues of a dieng society.
    And America is just about dead on the operating table with not so much as two nickles left to purchase a toe tag.

30. Jay Yibm says:

punk, straight up… America is in trouble

31. mark david says:

The NFL is fast fading in my rearview mirror. The whole lot of you can take a knee, then go F yourselves.

32. Jim says:

I’ve followed the Broncos faithfully for many years, If the Broncos are going to start playing this silly game, they will have lost my loyalty, and I’ll lose my jackets, hats, and other paraphernalia as well! If you want to protest something political, don’t bring it into the workplace, that’s not the place for it! These ‘protesters’ are making millions of dollars, and are ‘protesting’ how they are being ‘kept down’ – Why don’t they take some their millions and help out their fellow man they feel so sorry about? What a bunch of hypocrites – fire ’em all!

33. Beenarou says:

I don’t care if the ignoramus kneels but with about 100 players on the field why does NBC zoom in for a close-up (twice) to celebrate his notoriety?

34. Joe Campbell says:

Has nothing to do with Black Americans and other minorities. The BLM was created from the “Hands up don’t shoot” lie. Criminals are the problem, just look at Chicago. No matter what opinions you have, you don’t disrespect those who gave you that freedom. Hope Elway benches the brat.

35. Mike says:

Who cares? Stop giving it attention.

36. It’s his right to do it – it’s your right to vote for Donald Trump.

ALL STATES REGISTER HERE: https://vote.usa.gov/

37. Andy Stone says:

You pay wether you like it or not. Your taxes subsidize the stadiums and other things.

1. meggeler says:

Just remind fellow voters of the disrespect when the NFL team is begging/threatening for a new stadium.

38. mark david says:

They are following their Dear Leader, right off of the cliff. Good f%cking riddance.

39. Mike says:

Boycott NFL. Let these millionaire social justice warriors learn how to survive without our money. Let them be poor and out of work and maybe they will learn what injustice and patriotism is about.

40. rbblum says:

The NFL brand will not be diminished by the American’s right to protest . . . but for the anti-American sentiment being protested.

41. Cas Monty says:

Does my heart good to see these ball players taking a knee to pray for their teams. Its really great that no one is stopping them.

42. Joseph Criss says:

I saw that and turned the channel. Don’t need the NFL. Find something better to do with my time. Something more important.

43. Tex Taylor says:

What these thugs need to learn is how much half an undergraduate degree is really worth. The irony on these black millionaires escapes them. They couldn’t be more stupid.

And Roger Goodell is a gutless coward…

44. theWiseOne says:

There is a real simple answer to this. Kick the NFL to the curb. The only thing that matters is the $’s to the teams. Stop attending, stop buying NFL garb, just stop… They are free to do their thing, we are free to spend our entertainment dollars somewhere else.

45. Chuck Holz says:

If these over paid IDIOTS do not like America and What we stand for, LEAVE!

46. drew1 says:

oh great. we got one of those morons on our team

47. Sam Dennis says:

The National Anthem and the US Flag are two of the symbols of the unity of the nation. Disrespecting either or both as a signal of protest is fine, if you’re not an American. The current Kaepernick prompted protest is based on a false narrative of ‘police oppression’. What those promoting this protest fail to do is tell the truth. The supposed police oppression was, for the most part, police shootings of persons forcibly resisting arrest and usually presenting a visible threat to the arresting officers. The Protesters seem to be relying on Black Lives Matter (BLM) for their information; thereby operating on information which BLM intentionally skewers in an effort to push their extreme left wing agenda.

48. ImaHippyBurning says:

Well just one more reason why I have decided not to watch or go to a single football game this year! If others do the same these ungrateful, uneducated, soon to be unemployable FUNGUS’s like this ASSNUGGET will be kneeling for forgiveness!

49. fg says:

in lieu of taking a ‘knee’ i suggest take a ‘hike’.

50. Monte Farst says:

Hey if these cats are protesting the injustice in America, then how come they are doing it at the expense of the individual? Another way, these leftist aggiatators are either knowingly or unknowlingly actually hurting the very people they claim to want to help.

51. Wolfgang Langer says:

Typical F’ng knee-gar. Hope he ends up with a broken neck

52. The public should flex our muscle and start boycotting going to any of these games. We far outnumber them, and they have offended the majority of us who make them rich. How do they thank us? they slap us in our face disrespect our anthem. A bunch of spoiled ingrates, who really need to research history (real history) before they start acting up like moronic children.

53. Olga Noll says:

He is violating NFL rules which states that players must stand for the National Anthem. As a private employer, they have a right and an obligation to discipline or fire him.

54. Phrank says:

STOP PLAYING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM AT SPORTS EVENTS – problem solved.

HONESTLY — I don’t know why everyone should be compelled to stand up, take their caps off, put their hands over their hearts, and “genuflect” for a couple of minutes on the “greatness” of this country during this kinds of events. SAVE THAT STUFF FOR EVENTS FOR WHICH IT REALY COUNTS!!! Neanderthal “games” are NOT one of them!!!

55. C Harer says:

Players may have and spout political opinions….as players that our youngsters often look up to some consideration of their poor citizenship should be considered at contract time. We may see how good their convictions are.

56. mrfubo says:

It only happens because the sheeplike fans still support the NFL. Empty stadiums and low ratings will go a long way.

57. p.anastos@gmail.com says:

What is all this about? You jerks can’t make your statements without disrespecting our National Anthem? You have no other avenue to express you “opinions?” Really? Jerks, fools, tools for the DemocRat losers. If you don’t believe in your own country, why are you here? Money? Fools.

58. Dennis says:

I’m done with NFL football!!!

59. sheri dee says:

thank goodness for baseball.

60. Maybe it’s time we started employing affirmative action to get some white players into the NFL who don’t have an ax to grind with the USA and have some education and class and the common decency to stand for the National Anthem. If you don’t like this country, get out. Nothing worse than a limousine liberal entitled taker making a fool of himself because of Black Lives Matter, which movement was based on a lie, generated by Eric Holder and Barack Obama, two more black nationals without any common decency and respect for a country that allows you to play a game for millions a year. Thank God they have that job, otherwise it would be car-seats and 40-ouncers in front of the local grocery store..

61. kim says:

Furck the niggas…their words…from their music and culture…

1. beedogs says:

Please commit suicide, you god damned imbecile.

62. jojothedogfacedboy says:

I would suggest that every patriotic American avoid attending the games. Even if you have season tickets, the money you won’t spend on junk in the stadium will speak loudly. And for you others, don’t buy tickets to game, don’t attend games, do not watch them on television.

If each of you is not willing to stand up to the forces that are trying to destroy America, then you have joined their ranks as collaborators.

63. Abraham Justus says:

If they want to protest, i have no problem with that. Let them do it in their personal lives. When they are on the field, or in uniform, they are at work. example: If i wanted to protest having to wear shoes, i could walk around barefooted all i wanted…until i got to work. At work they would send my butt home immediately. Since the NFL and teams let them protest while at work, it must mean the NFL and teams agree and sanction their protest.

64. Debby says:

the NFL / owners need to FINE these jerks for disrespecting our National Anthem!

65. Ashley West says:

Pathetic idiots. They are destroying their own livelihood with their grade school antics. I’ve about had it with all sports dominated by ignorant blacks.

66. Richard J. Farias says:

If these very small numbers of overpaid morons cannot stand for the National Anthem then I can’t stand watching NFL games period. Too many f%$#@*# commercials anyway to pay these guys! If the NFL refuses to reign in these idiots, my wish is that the whole country would boycott all the NFL games and stop watching….See how fast Kaperdonkey will stand then.

67. Yes, I’ll take a knee to the NFL and I’ll let their TV sponsors know. I hope the police opt not to provide security for their games. I’m sick of this.

68. jlbusm says:

If the black athletes think its so bad here in the USA then leave!

69. YEAH !! How about PRO ATHLETE PRIVILEGE ???? How can they pay ME reparations ?? They are MORE PRIVILEGED Than 99.99 % of the population…
    ATHLETES ARE THE 1 % !!!
    I AM ANTI-PRO PRIVILEGE !!!

70. This isn’t a protest in your spare time. This is on-the-job idiocy. If I protested something at any job that I ever had during company time, I would be fired.

The NFL needs to crack down on these really stupid, un-American players.

71. malskid says:

Go ahead….makes me not like you and your team….If all NFL teams do this, I will be done with the NFL….hey….a novel thought…let’s just play football….

72. blackmonrb says:

What do you expect from a Ghetto punk?

73. Mike says:

Way to show you are not a class act Marshall.

I sent a letter to the Broncos organization insisting upon disciplinary actions, for without they are showing that they condone his actions by allowing him to play and representing the team. I assume they will do nothing but their issued statement to NBC. If nothing further from the team I will send my jersey back to them and tune out of the NFL entirely.

Tired of people disrespecting the country that many fought and died for, the same that gives them the opportunity to play a game for a living, while making good money and the fame that goes with it, etc. If they feel there is injustice then there are better ways to express it without behaving in an offensive manner to the nation that provides the opportunity they take advantage of.

74. Polly says:

Just another loser black, once O bummer is out of office it is so over the blacks are so out numbered by Latinos, Asians and soon Muslims they played their last card and Trump 2016 that.
    Bye Bye BLMnomore.

75. suibne says:

with pssy fks like cam newton around, who wants to watch these ballerinas?

76. grunk says:

Almost got the NFL package.

Not now.

77. fish McFisht says:

It time to just stop playing this song. A song that is intended to unite us as a people has been politicized as the leftwits do everything until it is destroyed and is a weapon to divide us all, the exact opposite of its intent.

78. Nat George says:

I have sworn off the NFL this year. I have not watched a game yet and have missed nothing.

79. Bill Smith says:

BFD. When one of these guys tales a million dollars of their salary that comes out of our pockets and takes it to Chicago to donate and helps patrol the streets one night a week then I will be impressed.

80. L.t. says:

For 58 years I have been taught to rct our country and flag.e. I have seen enough disrepect from thespect our country. I have taught my children and grandchildren to respect our country. My boys look up to the football players of the NFL. I an not going to go into a rant here. I am only going to say: if the players cannot find the respect in their soul to RESPECT the United State, the flag, and our military that have given their lives to allow us the freedom, then grow the f%*k up. Or as I tell my boys …Man up! With all the money you players make, use it for cause to help resolve the issues we as a country are facing. If my boys tried kneeling during the national anthem, I wou.d kick their assets.

81. First Last says:

Monkey see monkey do. All the other monkeys are doing it, I’m gonna do it too.

82. GeneZ says:

He’s bored with his life and craves attention…. and now has an excuse.

83. Top Jimmy says:

Do you love your country more than football? Then stand up for it before it’s gone. I will not watch another NFL game until this stops. Any company that supports the NFL will not receive another dime from me. This is absolutely disrespectful. Boycott the NFL and all of their sponsors. This nonsense has to end.

84. muneshadowe says:

People quit watching the game and quit buying the sponsors products. The only thing the national felons league understands is money and when the money quits coming in then this will come to an end.

85. The “N” in NFL is for NATIONAL.I will not buy ANY NFL merchandise from now on.

86. I haven’t watched an NFL (National Felons League) or NBA game in at least 20 years. My life is much the richer for it. More quality family time with the wife and kids, when the kids left home to make their lives (one as a SpOps Marine, deployed three of five years) my wonderful wife and I do fun things together and sometimes we stay home and read.

All better than time and money spent on professional sports.

Now that the players have decided to join together in a hearty hi-ho-f*ck-you to our veterans and our police I feel even better about excluding the bast*rds from my life. Hopefully this really bites professional sports in the only place that matters to any of them, their pocket book. I am not, unfortunately, hopeful.

They’ll still fill the stadiums built with taxpayers money and they’ll still get a Hillary pass on their off the field activities.

87. Kraven Moorehead says:

Rebellion on the cheap. Negroes showing their discontent for YT. How courageous. YT will continue to waste their time and money on these ghetto morons. Cucks!

88. Rudy J says:

It is time to boycott ALL NFL GAMES. I can not believe the amount of money these players make!!!

89. david says:

instint karma….what little brain he had to begin with just got a little dumber with the concussion…

90. It seems many Blacks, including those earning millions are still thugs at heart. At first I was angered by this. But now I realize it’s just more symbolism without substance. Of course the real losers will again, be poor Blacks who can’t afford to escape the ‘hood. Caught up in violence of gansta’s and thugs now given more opportunity for crime due to inaction of police officers who will look the other way rather than be called racist’s or even being killed.
    So if Blacks don’t care about their own neighborhood, why should the rest of us care?

91. Marc Wallace says:

Monkey see, monkey do.

92. Bonubby says:

People claim it’s his right, I get it. This is not about his rights, it’s about respect.

93. FuBLM says:

This is all based on BLM, which is based on a thug that robed a C-Store then assaulted a cop! Then the cop did his job and ended the thug! F U BLM! Boycott any teams that support BLM.

94. Bob Wilke says:

Another reason why I don’t waste my time watching football…

95. If you have no respect for us veterans, why should we respect you?

96. That’s when I turned them off.

97. Marshall was taken to the locker room with a possible concussion.

98. “The Denver Broncos released a statement about the matter to NBC, who is broadcasting the game: While we encourage members of our organization to stand during the national anthem, we understand and respect it being a personal decision.”

I wonder of the Broncos would feel the same way if one of their players boldly held a “Make America Great Again” hat over his heart during the anthem.

99. Tomas Cora says:

They had the entire offseason to to organize pro players to go out into the communities and talk to them and police…but they didn’t. More blacks were killed by other blacks in just Chicago then the total of all races that were killed by police. What a sorry bunch of fools.

100. If any of my Steelers pull this $#!+ on Sunday, off goes the TV and outside I go with the kids, (which is where I should be anyway).

101. takenobull says:

They just don’t like our country. Maybe if they were giving opportunities and had no flies on their food———- wait— they make millions? I have a neighbor who works a factory job 12 hours a day. Leaves at 5 AM and gets home at 7 pm. He loves American. All this is very strange to me.

102. incog99 says:

The protesters have a point. I live in the deep south (southern Georgia). Today I saw an old black man in rags pushing a shopping cart along the street. There is NO safety net here apparently.

1. jb says:

I live way up north and see the same thing. Except he’s white but white lives don’t matter

103. Rory Hession says:

officeofcommissioner@nfl.com. Email the NFL and let them know your position. Mine, sadly, is that I can no longer watch the game I have loved my whole life. If the players think America is terrible, then I can’t watch them get paid millions of terrible American dollars. Yes, our country is flawed, but we are always trying to right our wrongs. To disrespect the entire nation, and those that sacrificed for our freedoms is something I cannot abide. I am done with the NFL.

104. jb says:

hit em where it hurts – no more caps or jerseys! #no more swag

105. Paul Moyer says:

Trade him to N. Korea for a political prisoner.

106. Chris Guy says:

The United States of America is the greatest country the world has ever known. It provides a level of freedom that is unheard of anywhere else in the world. That freedom your exercising right now came at a terrible cost. That cost was the lives of countless men and women that you are now spitting on.
    It disturbs me to the core that someone refuses to respect and honor the courage and selfless actions of these men in women. What have these football players sacrificed to place them so high to look down their noses at our bravest and most revered?

107. tracy young says:

Relieve them from thegames put them in the Army for pre wwll basic training and see if that doesn’t change their attitude towards flag and country.

108. incog99 says:

It;s easy for us to criticize the players from our luxury homes and fancy cars. We need to recognize that not all Americans have the same opportunities we have. Turn off the football game, nobody will care but the protest will still stand. At least you have a warm room with a nice flat screen and a full stomach to watch the game.

109. Nufs E. Nuf says:

They are putting the F in NFL. F them all, especially Roger Goodell. I stopped watching the NFL a few years ago and started back this year… that was short. I’m done. Roger Goodell killed the NFL. Thanks Roger for not letting Dallas support the local police… but let these guys support a p-whipped idiot (Kap) who is dating an Ameri-phobe??? No more $$ from me!

John Tortorella has it right. Bench them!

110. rokshox says:

I won’t watch a single game, and I won’t miss it.

111. Alan C says:

Listen, every veteran I’ve talked to takes this lightly. They know that they served so that Americans can stand or sit or kneel during the National Anthem at a freaking football game. It’s the silly wannabes who want to get upset by this. It’s. Not. An. Important. Issue.

112. Pat Kinnick says:

Black Lives Matter is a hate group

113. I wash my hands of the NFL. I’ll no longer be spending my money to support these over priced clowns.

114. The NFL will be easy to boycott viewing this year…these overpaid megalomaniacs are getting easier and easier to do something else on Sunday…..

115. Maineguy says:

Even though I live n the deep south I have always respected John Elway. No more, if a player doesn’t stand for the National Anthem bench him. If not you are building a culture of gangsters.

116. Dave says:

Thug lives matter. Drench them in cold beverages!

117. incog99 says:

The Amish believe the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag is worshiping a graven image. Should we punish them for their beliefs too? They are exercising their freedom of religion.

1. Mark Meyer says:

The NFL needs to bring in a history professor and teach these 85 IQ fools what the anthem is all about.

118. Okay. No longer tuning in the 49r’s, Broncos or Seahawks. Total losers.

119. noodle says:

Dear NFL,

I like football.

I love my country.

You do the math.

120. Joeanac says:

it is time to stop supporting these “athletes”. turn it off. cancel your cable, especially espn. it is unbelievable that people keep watching.

121. steve says:

perhaps these NFL spoiled brats should go live in N. Korea and see how their poor persecuted lives would be like!!!!!!

122. Mark Meyer says:

The ignorance of these racist black fools is incredible. The Anthem has nothing to do with American Slavery.

123. mikey0 says:

Millionaires protesting oppression rings a little hollow. You know, like their empty heads.

124. Tccd says:

Well maybe it’s time to open the liberal play book. Boycott the games and boycott the commercial sponsors. Let them know you are boycotting them and why and be relentless. As with any business the only real color is green and once that tap stops flowing they’re sure to call in the plumber.

125. Chris says:

What a team player. Oh wait, he’s the only one kneeling.

126. Constance Underfoot says:

I turned the game on, saw the loser kneeling, turned the game off.

Until the NFL fixes their disgusting product, they don’t need me. There’s nothing football offers that exceeds my country.

127. Jose Jimenez says:

Send them all back to Africa.

128. incog99 says:

They’d rather you keep watching football. They don’t want you paying attention to what’s happening in Washington DC.

129. Hire-Immigrants-not-Blacks says:

I’m firing one of my black employees every time one of these fools hates America.

They want to start a war, let’s do it.

130. Dan says:

Brandon Marshall….. loser….Colin Kaepernick …..loser. If these idiots can’t respect the flag and our National Anthem, I can’t respect them or watch the NFL anymore. College football is just as entertaining. The NFL needs to grow a pair and ban them from the field during the Anthum.

131. prelusive007 says:

I am a Viet Nam veteran. I was 18 years old when I was drafted and then had to wait 6 months for a Top Secret Clearance so I could work in my duty station. Initially stationed in NJ while waiting for that Clearance so I could go to SEA, I became a bugler for the USAF Honor Guard at Arlington National Cemetery. Three times each week I would catch a C-130 hop and fly down to DC and shuttle over to that place of honor where I would play taps sometimes 7 times in a day. I have always looked back at that time in my young life and appreciated so much that a Colonel gave me that option for duty. It was MY honor. Some months later my TS clearance came through and I flew off to SEA.

When I see these guys so filled with selfishness that above all else, they can not stand and salute our flag, it tells me they do not know the meaning of freedom and liberty. They’re taking it for granted. I’m a Christian man. And I believe God blessed us with this great country but we have had to fight for it. We had to have a little skin in the game, so to speak. I was proud and am proud to have served. No one needs to thank me. It was my honor.

I wish these ‘kids’ would wake up and realize the damage they are doing to young minds who will now start to emulate them. A choice is being made. Set a good example and honor our country or defiantly stand against her. They have that right.

I fought for it. It was my honor to do so.

1. incog99 says:

You fought for our right to disagree.

1. prelusive007 says:

It never occurred to me then in my young age that I was fighting so some could disrespect our flag.

2. Dave Thrush says:

Well said, Thank you for your service

132. Rae says:

Kneel all you want I’ll just turn the TV off. As much as I love the NFL I’ll just boycott teams that allow this or the league if this gets rampant. Plenty of other entertainment out there

133. Steven B Dietrich says:

Maybe Mr. Marshall should read this: PICTURE: The Real Truth About Black Violence in America That Al Sharpton Hopes You Never See: http://conservativetribune.com/black-violence-infographic/

134. Marc McManeus says:

I’ve been an NFL fan all my life. Been a Panther fan since their inception. Between Cam Newton’s antics at the Super Bowl in February, and now players disrespecting our country, I’m not buying or watching what the NFL is offering this year. Let the league and it’s players take their childish “superstar” self image, and their “megastar” salaries to any other country and see how it works there. I’m DONE with their attitude! D I T C H the N F L. There are many other venues where honorable athletes work hard to get our attention and deserve our R E S P E C T!

135. Mike Stuhr says:

No country in the world has done more to assist, subsidize and aid the African American than the United States of America. None!
    That’s gratitude for you

136. Jimmy Kay says:

I won’t be watching the NFL this year till they get their act together .. Should be easy to get a tee time on Sunday afternoon ! Do your protesting on your own time …

137. B Da Truth says:

Lets all be honest we don’t want the Negroes here and they don’t want to be here, at this point the nation wasting any more money on them is pointless all they do is drag down our nation.

138. Jamone says:

Fire these ungrateful jerks- they are no role models. Give them a one way ticket out of this great nation to another country that they think is better. See if they can make millions, let alone a living in another country. It is pathetic that the NFL lets this go on for even one national anthem. Boycott NFL.

139. incog99 says:

The more one pushes against something the more one empowers it.

140. pop seal says:

It’s their own fault if somebody “feels oppressed” in America. $3.2 trillions in welfare, black president, DOJ, federal judges, mayors, police chiefs, and uncountable successful black business men tell the tale. Get a job, keep family together, quit that hiphop $hit, aim at responsibility not dependency. As for police shootings, working men and students don’t have time to hang out in convenience store parking lots at 2AM…..that’s drug thugs, pimps, and pirated CD salesmen all of whom have nasty attitudes to support their long arrest records..

141. Sal says:

They are protesting something false. Police shooting statistics show whites are shot in greater percentages than blacks. Many of these fools would be in jail if it weren’t for football

142. Reason# 1,998,991 Why I hate Nqqers

143. Jetsettr says:

Marshall left the game midway through the second quarter with an injury.
    That Karma woman is a bad B!tch.

144. Dennis Kelly says:

The Divider in Chief aids and abets this nonsense. If anyone on the Bengals does this, they have seen the last of me for the season, even on TV – no gear, no visits, nothing. I was taught growing up that when you make yourself “different”, you will be so, but in the minds of almost everyone, being different is not a good thing, but a bad one and it’s bad for the country as well.

145. Joe says:

How dumb can he be. I mean really, how stupid are these people ? You have black men who make millions playing a game trying to convince people blacks are oppressed in this country, LMAO
    How many black millionaires on the field tonight ?
    So my question to your Brandon Marshal or Colin Kaepernick or anyone else who wants to disrespect this country.
    If America is such an awful country and blacks are oppressed, how did you end up succeeding and become a millionaire ?
    Some people don’t put much thought in what they do and obviously can’t even see reality when they are surrounded be the very thing that points out your cause your fighting is all BS.
    Hard to take a black man serious when his bank account in one week is more than 99.9% of American people of all colors.
    Check yourself Brandon, you’re not special, if you can make it so can anyone else !

146. Pookie says:

My Money Stays in My Pocket! The NFL needs to get a handle on this garbage or Goodell needs to go. Finally.

147. dat be fo da o-press says:

Just another Thug in the Thug Football League.

148. Don Butler says:

Guess what? I choose to kneel at black lives matter. They don’t represent my vision of my country.

149. Joe Dogtek says:

Pro sports is for suckers.

150. marine says:

Hey…vote Trump…carma is comng….

151. Jess Sain says:

Get the F out if you don’t like the country, grow some hanging fruit and move back to the muthaland and show us how its done.

152. B Da Truth says:

I’m going to wear some black electrical tape across my forehead tomorrow to protest Black Crime and Violence, with my sincere desire for them to return to Africa.

153. Black multi millionaires who make their money playing a kid’s game feel oppressed. You just can’t make this stuff up.

154. Dire Thinker says:

When the game came on I took a knee also, and just left it on Netflix. Who wants to be insulted by a spoiled millionare with a grudge?

155. B Da Truth says:

We need to start throwing bananas on the field and see how they like that?

156. vince foster says:

ever ask yourself why you spend your sunday watching multicultural propaganda? what service is the NFL actually providing you for your time? can you imagine what your life would be like if you applied that time to self improvement or spent time with your family?

157. Wayne Koppa says:

I assume this is a protest against the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP).

1. Mike Herman says:

Why would anyone watch or care about a team with players they don’t like?

158. SILLYSALLY says:

I don’t watch NFL football games to be lectured. I say boycott the NFL until they keep their little politics to themselves! I don’t pay them money to have them boycott NC because they stick their noses in their politics and want men in little girl’s bathrooms. They boycott NC and keep shoving their politics up our noses! I am boycotting the NFL. If we don’t fight back, we might as well lie down and give up.

159. Patrickjt says:

Big babies. Protesting the very thing that makes it safe for them to make a gutless protest. If they were in China they’d be kissing the emperor’s balls. If they really wanted to protest, they would light themselves on fire.

160. Cougar Smith says:

The steroid enhanced and overpaid idiots would be pumping gas or waiting tables or slinging dope at their section 8 housing if not for the NFL. ‘Eff’ th ee NFL, I can live w/o them.

161. Ford Bailey says:

The NFL better get a handle on this or they are going to suffer a severe backlash. These pampered athletes have achieved something in this country that is not available to them anywhere else in the world. Many of them would be doing minimum wage jobs if they were not able to make millions in the NFL. Either show respect to this country or find another country. We don’t want you and will not support you.

1. Skip Mars says:

Many are too stupid to run a drink machine.

162. Skip Mars says:

Protest back by canceling your sports packages and stop going to these political evens and stop putting millions of dollars into the pockets of these thugs to act out instead of playing ball.

163. potvin99 says:

These guys are just looking for attention now. Not long into the game this dimwit took a shot to the head and had to go to the locker room. Ain’t karma a be-otch?

164. Bill says:

Monkey see, monkey do.

165. Mack Louder says:

Marshal took a knee in the second to protest getting his Pea Brain Rocked !

166. Laurie66bay says:

If the NFL is going to tolerate this, then stop watching the NFL.

Hey honchos at the NFL. You either respect America or you don’t.
    If YOU don’t, you can take your football and shove it. WE don’t need you.

167. Peace says:

Remove the EEOC males only exemption from the NFL – Boycott the NFL – Public NFL Jersy Bonfires – Boycott ALL products advertised during NFL games – Remove IRS tax exemption from NFL… Start with not buying the products advertised and turn off the game.

168. Count Yob says:

White Americans could boycott NFL games as a team, too.

169. incog99 says:

Racism is alive and well. I guess we can blame Obama.

170. richardjstacy says:

Sorry, I’m now done watching the Broncos, the Seahawks and the Niners. Done and done.

171. Vincent Ardizzone says:

Boycott the games until the NFL gets rid of these America hating athletes. We don’t need them.

172. darryl fulk says:

Dear NFL…

Buh bye!

End of story and not one OUNCE of regret.

Oh well!

173. dogsrock2 says:

Awww look at you Brandon Marshall, being all brave and kneeling down. Disrespecting the country that lets you make suchh a great living. I bet the people who live in the slums and face gang shootings on a daily basis must feel so safe right now.

174. Dave Thrush says:

I’ve been watching the Broncos since ’69, marched at some of the games in H.S. marching band…When I saw this I turned the game off. If the NFL doesn’t get these self centered anti American super rich hypocrites under control I won’t be watching this year.

175. The perfect response to this nonsense would be for the entire stadium to stand for the anthem and when it is finished, turn around and leave. (OH, and ask for a refund for the obscenely priced tickets while you’re at it.) That would certainly let the NFL know how the fans who make their obscene salaries possible feel about what these overstuffed pompous game players are doing. Kick them were it really hurts – in the wallet.

176. jms130 says:

Saturday’s college football is better anyway…

177. tabitha says:

The broncos suck. The entire organization is a disgrace. I was embarrassed after watching aquib talib(an) act like a POS thug in the superbowl. Now brandon Marshall can’t bring himself to stand for our national anthem. This self serving pile isn’t worthy of eating the excrement of those who have sacrificed fought and suffered through hell on earth so this pile of dung can take a knee during OUR country’s national anthem. I am done with the broncos AND the nfl. Good effing riddance!

178. swagner2013 says:

The players, not too bright to begin with, are brain damaged from concussions. You can’t expect much good thinking or common sense from them.

179. Brandon Marshall demonstrating that it’s no fun being an ignorant c**nt if you can’t act like one.

180. tom says:

I won’t be watching football at all anymore.

181. eorann says:

and as punishment, cam newton, the little black bigot plug, just lost an opener to to white kid who never took a snap from center in a pro game…..tell espn to go fk itself.

182. doug johnson says:

As long as African Americans refuse to accept responsibility for the FACT that both black and white police officers are more at risk for encountering ‘people of color’ in the inner city’s than any other denomination (FBI crime stats) because they commit crimes in much greater disproportion relative to their percent of the population, this remains an outrage. And as long as blacks refuse to acknowledge that they are much more likely to be killed by another black than a police officer, nobody will sympathize with ‘Black Lives Matter’. Their cry for undeserved victim status is going to fall on deaf ears outside of the black community.

183. javafiend says:

Here’s a suggestion. Why bother with the National Anthem in sports events? Just get on with the game. If everyone at the stadium sat or kneeled because they were unhappy with something about this country, then no one would be standing. For me it’s using the DOJ and IRS as a political hammer against opponents. A real perversion of what the founding fathers envisioned. Let Kaepernick show his fervor for the plight of black youth by actually working in minority areas as a role model and success story. Let him show black youth that they can work hard, get a good education and succeed in life. Sitting or kneeling for a few minutes doesn’t do it for me.

184. Bill Warren says:

The players that are protesting America are doing so with the full blessing of their team owner AND of the NFL. Contrary to what at least one commenter said, these players do NOT have any sort of right to do what they wish. The First Amendment does not apply to your workplace and your employer has every right to demand that you behave in a fashion that reflects properly on the employer. Do not kid yourself, the team owners and the NFL support these disrespectful acts.

185. JESSICA S, NAPLES, FL says:

Baseball and Football are America’s sports. As such, the participants should respect America’s customs. Those players who feel they cannot comfortably respect the customs of the country and the sport that pays their multi-million dollar salaries need to be set free to peddle themselves to Mexico, Cuba, or any other country that has a sports league that includes their sport. I’m sure these other countries will be happy to have players of their caliber

186. Mike says:

Cool, I’m protesting too and won’t spend 1 cent or 1 minute on the NFL this season. See ya next season, maybe!

187. maxvordriv says:

Funny the NFL and the teams are ok with the message sent. If a player were to put a head band on that said Fu*k the NFL they would be all over that. If they are going to let these ass holes do this just stop singing the national anthem, get it over with, its what the libs want, the black arm of the democratic party is showing its position so just do it and forget national unity. That way the next time a cop shoots and kills some black POS breaking the law it will be all better.

188. Ravine-52340 says:

God
    Country

NFL

This should not be difficult for Goodel to figure out. Well, maybe it is…

189. Don Anastas says:

Marshall left the game midway through the second quarter with an injury. Give him a lobotomy! He’s a total POS!

190. Richard Head says:

It’s time for fans to start boycotting games if their team allow their players to do this. Personally, I’ve already boycotted the entire NFL.

191. Brian Louis says:

At this point it seems comic.

192. T.A. says:

Baby Millionaires are such idiots! Zuckerberg! Gates! Fonda! DiCaprio! Bezos! Just to mention a few! I’m Bronco fan NO MORE! Elway and Kubiak need to straighten this out! If they don’t I’m done with Broncos and NFL!

193. Anne says:

Simple solution…. one that was used once before when a national group decided they were above the rules (remember the air traffic controllers who went out on strike?)

FIRE them. ALL of them. Replace them with people who care about the game, about sportsmanship and about following the rules.

It will save LOTS of money, since we can pay MUCH LESS for players who WANT to play!

194. Sara smith says:

I am very proud of Brandon Marshall for standing up for his beliefs–Your first amendment rights in action!! Thank you for standing up for what is important in our country.

195. Linda Cauble says:

Okay people. WHY ARE YOU CONTINUING TO SUPPORT THE NFL???!!!!!

196. Tommy says:

NFL is going to lose viewers, me for one.

197. Jasonn says:

His teammates should kick his butt.

198. John C says:

Arizona Cardinal Pat Tillman died defending that flag and anthem, any NFL player who shows such disrespect should be banned from the NFL. What a disgrace these players are. Oh yeah that Anthem was so bad to them that they get paid millions of dollars a year to play 16 games, how oppressive.

199. Dan says:

Done with the NFL…….Just canceled all NFL packages ……And and any sponsors I will boycott

200. AMERICAN MALE says:

I WILL NEVER, EVER WATCH or give a S*#T about an NFL game again. My Sons have even made this decision on their own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Youngest 8! If the Seaweaks “protest” the NFL is finished! F! U! NFL players! You rich spoiled a*#%Holes! GO TO HELL! Colin TRADERNICKS jersey is the best seller? Really? Who is buying it? ISIS?

I will never watch another game AGAIN. My sons are even more infuriated than me! As alllll their teammates! AND, I LIVE IN F’in liberal NEW YORK!

NFL IS DONE!

201. Tiffany says:

Your job IS to shut up and play football, no one watches football to hear your political bs. I am going to take a knee on watching football this year and I am going to take a knee on buying any football related merchandise. Lets see what happens when the NFL starts loosing money.

202. Dan says:

Done with the nfl…..cancelled everything ……will never watch another game…and will not support sponsors

203. AV Taylor says:

Marshall: Precisely WHICH COUNTRY do you aspire to reside in?? Looooser, you’re CUT, Fool!

Obama: Take your guilt-tripping, race-baiting, sorryass self and leave office NOW. Is it too much to ask for the President of the United States to be someone who is a proud American ?

204. Diana McCandless says:

I honestly thought that kneeling was a sign of RESPECT. I honestly watched the video and thought he was getting “hate mail” because he was honoring his country. It’s only these comments that make me think it’s a negative thing. Is there a chance that you peoples’ perception is wrong?

205. Pat Ch says:

I have moved on to college this season. These guys can do what they want. I have been slowly losing interest for years. I have had enough of these over paid punks.

206. AV Taylor says:

I want EQUALITY NOW, Brandon Marshall!

I am a Hispanic woman, and I demand the SAME SALARY as yours, CHUMP!!!!!!!!

1. ***** says:

yah-i agree-me too-i’m polish–my relatives were mistreated after leaving Ellis Island–i want millions that equal your pay too!—

–i just can’t imagine being so selfish when so many have given of themselves for others-for these ****[got no word for them yet] to have this so called free speech to disrespect.–

maybe they weren’t taught the meaning of reverence of others sacrafice…respect appreciation…just what is their problem…

[good one AV]

207. Mike Herman says:

I don’t understand what these idiots want. A better President? Me too.

208. Chris Long says:

Let them keep on trashing America, the flag, the Star Spangled Banner etc. Fans will only take so much from overpaid egotistical prima donnas. Fan WILL go somewhere else if the rich brats keep pushing.

209. ***** says:

and he’s thinking—gonna love the attention i’m gonna get–talk shows-interviews…

maybe the patriotic fans should start to walk…..stop buying…cut the $$$ song and you’ll have the players singing the national anthem themselves..!! if not even marching to it.

….the NFL say the players have the right to free speech–well the fans do too…i bet the NFL will change their tune real quick…

210. reason1984 says:

Look at me, look at me!

211. ***** says:

“We’re actually educated individuals that went to college. …

well the majority of football players that i knew that ‘went to college’…well-um- i don’t think i have to say much more.!…

212. These clowns make a lot of money for being “oppressed.” Most are about a step away from being in prison. They’re about as educated as a one-year-old.

213. Let em take a knee if it makes em feel better. They should know it won’t help their cause move forward even one inch.

214. rodney74 says:

IF the freaking Muzzie Colin can refuse to stand, this guy can kneel… End of Story.

215. CJ says:

There is an easy fix for this. Americans need to quit watching and attending any football game where players refuse to stand for the national anthem. We can protest too!
    Hit the NFL where it hurts and their liberal bent will suddenly straighten out!

216. BorisBadinov says:

That’s it, I’m done with the NFL. I will NOT support any group that favors criminals over law enforcement. Yes, these people do have their First Amendment rights, but when in uniform at a NFL event, they are subject to the rules in the contract they signed before getting multi-million $.

217. Max Brand says:

Maybe this is a good thing.
    I foresee more quality time with the family in the immediate future.

218. John Smith says:

We know it was a mistake to bring them here and enslave them to pick our cotton. And we should have know it was a mistake fill our football teams with the. We will never learn.

1. beedogs says:

Consider ending your life.

219. beedogs says:

Black man exercises First Amendment rights. Angry, pasty honkies predictably lose their tiny little minds.

220. Anybody that watches an NFL or buys one of their sponsor’s product supports this rhymes with spit. Boycott the National Fools League, find something else to do on Sunday afternoons.

221. Raleigh Wood says:

Nothing to see here folks Another George Soros puppet.

222. If these teams and the NFL continue to tarnish their brand, lose fans and money, so be it. These slugs are on company time so if the boss permits this, it must be that the teams and NFL support this behavior. I would fire or suspend employees who hurt my business. Fans should start by boycoting games, leaving them with empty seats and lost revenu e to vendors and stadiums. Next advise advertisers their product no longer supports you values. Why bother with these fools, this is stil NASCAR season.

223. DirtyHarry44 says:

OK, so more and more players are joining in taking a knee during the playing of the National Anthem…what’s it getting them? Is anything changing? Aside from people discussing or arguing about this, what change is taking place?

1. beedogs says:

For one thing, it’s bringing all the racist trash out of the woodwork to “courageously” voice their stupid hot-takes on the black experience, anonymously, on the Internet. One look at these comments will show you how that’s going.

224. If he is protesting the spiraling epidemic of violent black-on-black crime, or black-on-white crime, he might garner my attention. Otherwise, he is making an uninformed and ill-conceived gesture.

225. Irony; when a highly paid athlete, complains about oppression from their mansion..You’re losers and all that agree with you!

He looks so stupid! He has no idea what the true problems are and sadly, instead of protesting black on black crime, he is protesting American idealism…I hope some cornfed Buckeye breaks his back and paralyzes him for life… They’re biting the hand that fed them,housed them,and put them through school…

226. wGraves says:

Like Mr. Kaepernick, Mr. Marshal has the right, as detailed in our first amendment, to express his political opinions. When he does it wearing that uniform, it becomes a statement of the NFL. Boycott the NFL.

227. Mike says:

“Social injustice” is a joke, an oxymoron, a made-up cliché signifying nothing. These players hate the United States. Why? Because they hate the people who founded the United States – white people. This is all about race hatred, not “injustice”. What’s the solution? Stop watching!

228. WagTheDog says:

It’s about time the NFL grew some balls and suspended anyone and everyone who insults the flag and our country. For these displays to be coming from folks who make MILLIONS of dollars a year is the height of hypocrisy. If they REALLY thought that blacks were suffering, they’d use their millions to help them. Haven’t seen a penny yet.

1. beedogs says:

Kaepernick gave $1m of his own money to charities supporting victims of police brutality. You posted racist trash on a message board. You are garbage, he is not.

229. James says:

Never heard of him. Don’t watch men playing kids games.

230. CC says:

ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER COILED-HAIR, TAIL-LESS SIMIAN

231. Benjamine Eaton says:

This will be news for a while then decisions will have to be made by the fanatical watchers. Nothing will change and the no-life NFL fanbois will keep watching and buying tickets. Those who get their lives from sports of any flavor will never be able to drop the obsession even if they wanted to. To do so would just make them aimless zombies in the truest sense. Pathetic really, but the bought and paid for fans will hand over their money and time because there’s nothing else for therm.

232. MntnMan says:

Boycott the NFL, it’s just that simple.

233. Dennis says:

I will not watch Bronco games or 49ers games until these players are gone. If i see these players in commercials i will write the company that hired them and say i will not buy there products until these players are no longer representing them.

234. SantaFeSteve says:

Count me among the bashers.

235. Well, these black fools better just stay on their knees, ’cause that’s the way they’ve been ‘raised-up’/indoctrinated into the lefty way of life . . . kneeling, genuflecting & kow-towing to all the commands & asinine dictates of the dem’s.

You idiots look good on your knees . . . keep it up and you’ll look even better on your ass, sitting on the side lines, or on your pretty little feet, hoofing it to another team or out the door into the REAL WORLD.

You disrespect the American people, smart boyz, and you’re DONE. But there’s always the Black Panthers org. that’ll welcome you like a bonifide, hateful bro. The choice is yours, idiots.

236. Given the millions they get paid the to play around with a ball for a few months out of the year, they could find a country more to their liking. Black people are their own worst enemy.
    In the meantime, I think I’ll skip this NLF season rather than pander to these whiners.

237. Al Morrison says:

Boycott the NFL
    Athletes in the United States are an embarrassment to the rest of us, drug use, domestic violence, making up crimes in other countries, making millions of dollars per game, the list is endless.

This country would be far better without them.

238. Michael Britt says:

If you watch sports games while the nation is burning, you are part of the problem.

239. Dave says:

I used to look forward to the season, but now I am ignoring it. There is already too much ‘in mych ‘in my face’ racial stuff and I don’t need more.

240. Jim Morrison says:

When is someone going to remind these martyrs that Hands Up Don’t Shoot was a proven LIE?

241. Tom says:

If these overpaid prima donnas had paid attention during History class in school, they’d know that tens of thousands of people of color died defending that flag they are disrespecting.

242. SantaFeSteve says:

If this guy can not show respect for the institutions of the U.S. I will conclude that he is low class. Many people who graduate college are low class. One can be a talented football player and be low class. One might refuse to stand for the National Anthem in protest of there being people like Brandon Marshall who are so low class. My understanding is that taking a knee is a sign of submission. It is done when leading in a game and wanting to avoid being hit by a member of the opposing team. It is done when losing if one decides it is over and they do not wish to be hit. So it is in a way a cowardly act. If he thinks he is representing a group, he is creating a negative image for that group. Is his message that he quits? If someone was representing me, I would not want that person to be a quitter. If you believe there is social injustice, you fight it you don’t quit. Taking a knee during the National Anthem does nothing to reduce social injustice. If there is a forest fire, one volunteers to go fight it. You do not take a knee during the National Anthem to protest forest fires. You might become a volunteer who works for social justice. Taking a knee is a very lazy thing to do. Even donating money is lazy. It is narcissistic. Low class.

243. Another useful idiot promoting the lies of the left. African Americans are not oppressed in America. That is a lie. Hands up, don’t shoot never happened. Police run amok, never happened. All lies of the self loathing left. Any issues AA have are self imposed. It’s called personal responsibility and AA would do well to quit blaming everyone else for their self imposed issues.

BM and CK and others who will follow are promoting a lie of the racist, bigoted, prejudiced left.

244. Munky says:

Brandon Marshal = LOW IQ RACIST KNIIGGER TRASH

245. Tammy Krehbiel says:

Toward the end gives us a clue. We went to college, thats the problem educated to hate America by leftists in our universities.

246. Kathy Smith says:

get the hell out of my country

247. Dan says:

This man is paid millions to entertain us playing the game of football, he is not paid millions to inject his social justice stances. If he feels so strongly about this issue why not go to an inner city neighborhood during the off season and volunteer to ride along with a police patrol to ensure they do not kill any black people, or volunteer to feed the homeless at a homeless shelter, or play football with fatherless kids. All this does for me is make me not want to watch NFL football games anymore.

248. txsrangers says:

Apparently these idiots don’t realize who butters their bread. They’re just making an irrelevant past time even more irrelevant in the eyes of America.

249. Bo Manning says:

this is so sad…..you insult our flag and our freedoms…grow a pair and do some prayers tonight and I hope God opens your eyes…go America;go Vets and go freedom…so sad…too bad Peyton is gone…

250. Mrs. Flagstaff says:

This is getting ridiculous! What does the National Anthem have to do with race? The National Anthem should be something EVERY American is proud to stand for, period! When did that change? And when and why did the very WEALTHY black football players decide that THEY were oppressed? I don’t see these two or their supporters donating money to urban areas that could use it and help the people they say are being held back by the rest of us. It makes no sense at all!! Shame on the media for allowing something like to make headlines. And shame on the President for not finding this disgraceful! Regardless of race, HE Is the President and should lead by example.

251. He cant stand because his Knee grows

252. That’s why my family refused to watch the game. We will not watch any game that has a Disprespectfull Kneeler on their team that disrespects me, my family, our ancestors who fought for this country and gave their fortunes and lives…

253. Mike says:

Finally! Wealthy and privileged athletes finally find the courage to tell Americans F*** OFF for the horrible way they have been treated.

254. aheermans says:

kneeling is an act of submission

255. Dan says:

How many times have we heard with College and Pro sports teams, ” Player has been suspended for a game for violating undisclosed team rules ” ? Suspend them for violating team rules, without pay. The NFL suspends players for a lot of things, if it is considered to cast a bad image on the NFL or maybe a ball boy letting 1lb of air out of a football a star player can be suspended for 4 games. I think this definitely cast a bad image on the NFL. The NFL makes a lot of money off of the military with their pre-game activities. The military pays for that and then some ungrateful athlete can’t even stand up during our anthem ? What other country can they go play boys games and become instant multi-millionaires ?

256. Jay ND says:

WOW Social Injustice- OK SO Black Thug Punk does a CRIME cop Blasts him as he has a weapon and threatens others and the cop, Thug Croaks, and this is injustice for WHO? Oh Yea all the thugs Victims – Get over the “Injustice” – The US has spent BILLIONS on these “unfortunate” slum dwellers, They do not want to advance (as a whole) The INJUSTICE is spending any more Money on these Loosers!
    DON”T DO THE CRIME IF YOU CANT DO THE TIME! Illegal is Illegal – LAW IS LAW If you are going to be STUPID you should be tough! –

OH and all you high paid Sports Figures – Give all your money but say 50,000 to Black Lives Matter if you are all about “Helping the punks”!

257. Dave McClellan says:

The NFL should outlaw ALL POLITICS – make it simple. Stand for the National Anthem, No “hands up don’t shot” or black power fists, NO PINK OCTOBER FOR GOD’S SAKE. I will not longer watch the Broncos, Forty Niners, or Seattle games, and my list is growing. The NFL should start watching their audiences shrink week by week. NFL games are (or were) an escape from all the political correctness and issues.

258. Jeff_in_GA says:

And these idiots think that behaving like spoiled thugs is going to get them and their kind more respect?

259. ASIA FOR THE ASIANS, AFRICA FOR THE AFRICANS, WHITE COUNTRIES FOR EVERYBODY!

Everybody says there is this RACE problem. Everybody says this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY white country and ONLY into white countries.

The Netherlands and Belgium are just as crowded as Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and quote assimilating unquote with them.

Everybody says the final solution to this RACE problem is for EVERY white country and ONLY white countries to “assimilate,” i.e., intermarry, with all those non-whites.

What if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be solved only if hundreds of millions of non-blacks were brought into EVERY black country and ONLY into black countries?

How long would it take anyone to realize I’m not talking about a RACE problem. I am talking about the final solution to the BLACK problem?

And how long would it take any sane black man to notice this and what kind of psycho black man wouldn’t object to this?

But if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide against my race, the white race, Liberals and respectable conservatives agree that I am a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews.

They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-white.

Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.

260. Spoiled, overpaid football players don’t engender a lot of sympathy for their effortless political expressions.

Adopt a young fatherless black kid and teach them good values and get them a good education.

But that might be too much commitment for spoiled, overpaid football players to take on.

261. Robert says:

These black athletes are showing their ignorance. They don’t know their history of the black history. Why aren’t they protesting the 500 murders in Chicago by blacks killing each other.Those that believe the flag represents oppression should remember all the Americans who fought to eliminate bigotry, racism, sexism, imperialism, communism, and terrorism The flag rode with the Buffalo Soldiers Calvary. Black Tuskegee Airmen of WWII. It was planted in the fields where Cesar Chavez spoke. It marched with Martin Luther King Jr. It rocketed into space on the shoulder patches of women, gays, Hispanic, Asian and African American astronauts. It is a flag for everyone, of every color, of every race, of every creed, and of every orientation, but the privilege of living under this flag does not come without cost. Nor should it come without respect.

262. Brian says:

since they want social justice will they all agree not to play games in Chicago????

263. Justa Guynamedjoe says:

Black Privilege

264. fgarvin says:

I’m protesting too. I bought season tickets to our Hockey Team instead !

265. Justa Guynamedjoe says:

Well, the wife is going to love all the free time I’m going to have on my hand on Sundays this football season.

I won’t be wasting it on the NFL, that’s for sure.

266. Farm Boy says:

Are these morons the same who demonstrated the “hands up, don’t shoot” lie that has been proven to be a lie?

267. todd2016 says:

I once read that an unnamed NFL exec claimed that Tebow was blacklisted from the NFL because the owners believed that his religious beliefs and fans are a distraction. I hope the NFL gets what it deserves for coddling and promoting the worst that society has to offer.

268. Lisa Blake says:

Contact the NFL sponsors and tell them you will not buy their products. Stop watching the NFL

269. Norbert Ginsel says:

Maybe it’s time to rename the NFL the Negro Football League and start another American Football League. Then these snowflakes can dance, smoke pot, or protest all they want.

270. came close to being finished with the NFL with the players strike. I do believe, I’ll take a pass until they grow up. The league can either can them or “forget about me.”

271. Aleric says:

How about these black players address the facts of why so many black are shooting EACH OTHER and committing more crimes than whites?

272. peterwoohoo says:

There a few things I have a problem with in the USA, like high taxes, having to pay excess taxes, ObamaCare, Obama himself, illegal migration, late night TV, political activist TV shows, etc. But there are more things in this country to be proud of and that’s why you stand out of respect for the National Anthem & our Flag. If this BS continues, I will exchange my time set aside to watch the NFL and do something else like cleaning out my garage & basement.

273. RexReed says:

I protest Political Injustice and team members need to join me. Why is Hillary above the laws we live under? This is an injustice to every American!!!

274. Done with NFL until this foolishness is over… Won’t watch a single game! Canceled my DirecTV NFL Package. I’ll get my football fix watching my 8 year old play. Sickening what is going on.

275. EnvyRotsTheSoul says:

It sets a very bad example. But, hey, he “prayed about it” (to who, Allah?). He’s college educated, so that makes it right? Unfortunately, it ain’t the college educated blacks who will react negatively after watching these black millionaires disrespecting the whole nation. It’s the street thugs who will use it to create riot and havoc, and even go “cop shopping” or out to play the knockout game on some innocent white person. It’s hate, It’s Obama, It’s Lynch. It’s Jeh Johnson, It’s black people.

276. By not getting out in front of this selfish nonsense the NFL is allowing ignorant overpaid whiners to damage their brand. I won’t spend a red cent on gear until this unpatriotic BS stops. Protest on your own time. And espn is even worse – turning SC into the social justice warrior show. Unwatchable. I won’t play SC in front of my children while they promote this bile.

277. Above Average Joe says:

ITT: Butthurt racist “patriots” spewing their hatred.

278. biggoofer says:

Now lets see this esshole’s civic record and find out if any good deeds he has done besides sowing wild oats in every city he plays, beating his spouse/girlfriend, bar brawls,…….

If he is noble gentleman, how many essholes in the NFL he is buddy with and condoning bad behaviors from his colleagues?

279. dat be fo da o-press says:

People often speak about these africans having the right “to be stupid.” I have yet to hear anyone speak about these africans having any responsibility.

280. anonn says:

One day African American will learn about REAL African societies and countries and maybe then they will realize how entitled, selfish, egotistical and self hating they behave…….and how much they take for granted.

281. Larry Namlem says:

He was protesting the lack of a sanitary napkin dispenser in the locker room.

Loreta was also kneeling in her NFL kickoff party in a Manassas trailer park.

282. c p says:

“Dear Budweiser,

Unless and until The National Football League disciplines any and all players who protest The National Anthem I will not be watching any broadcasts that you fund with your advertisements.

Keep that in mind, and act accordingly. The next boycott will be directed at you and the other advertisers.”

Signed,

a former fan of The NFL

283. Just more self-radicalized leftists that have blossomed under the current regime in DC. They believe that bad guys are good, and good guys are bad. They probably still believe “hands up, don’t shoot” was real. I guess when you are a multimillionaire playing a game, it’s easy to protest this nation. But then what have they each done individually to help their fellow blacks so that they are less likely to encounter law enforcement? Talk is cheap, but what else can we expect from these folks?

284. DJH says:

And yet another in a long list of reasons why I haven’t watched the nfl in years – and I was actually considering giving them a chance this year, done with them for good.
    A bunch of ignorant, race baiting morons protesting falsehoods, lies and propaganda!

Shame he and the moron on the 49ers didn’t get an actual education at Nevada, apparently even dumber than when they started college.

285. ounceoflogic says:

The league won’t even let these “men” wear a headband that’s not sanctioned. They get fined and even suspended for doing that. So WHY ISN’T THE NFL FINING AND SUSPENDING THESE UNGRATEFUL RICH BUMS????

286. Geno says:

Until you stop buying the products, attending the games, and watching the games…nothing will change. NFL does not care.

287. Frank says:

Wow. Another angry, racist, America-hating, multi-millionaire black athlete. Who’d a thunk it…..

288. Crop G un says:

Almost makes me wish I watched football so I would know who to not trade with.

289. Don says:

The fans should boycott the games to send a message to the team owners that they won’t stand for this foolishness.

290. Guest says:

The tone for all of this $hit by these thugs in the nfl, by black lives matter, etc. has been created encouraged by the panty waste and $hit stirrer, comrade grand mufti husseinobama.

291. Davy Lane says:

You’ve already won. Your message is being heard loud and clear. Twice as many police offers are being killed each week. Not enough? At least state your goal. Five times as many cops dead? Ten times? No go zones in Chicago? Philadelphia? Cleveland?

292. phrein says:

I have been a Bronco fan since the mid 60’s. I thought that I could a least watch my Bronco’s.
    NOPE, had to turn them off. Don’t need this idiotic display of hating this country.

293. David Knapp says:

I cancelled television a while back to cut my cable bill. After hearing about this fiasco, I have to say I haven’t missed it. I think I will skip the NFL game my company offers discount tickets for, and I certainly won’t be buying any NFL gear.

I’m sorry Brandon Marshall, this ISN’T about social injustice, this IS about YOU disrespecting MY country. You totally missed the point here, and while you may or may not pay a penalty to the NFL, I have no respect for you whatsoever and lost what little respect I had for the NFL as well.

294. WILLIAM WHELPLEY says:

wont miss the nfl and its 10 million beer commericals and the blatant disrespect for this country…bye bye nfl and you millionaire and billionaires…..

295. Michael Clifford says:

Another spoiled coward demonstrating his ignorance. Have any of these overpaid children playing a children’s game ever done anything substantive to serve the country or their “community”. How many have served in the military, worked the streets as cops or firefighters. Yet they pretend to know something about the problem.

Most of them are multi=millionaires and do not even live in the neighborhoods that they pretend to feel for. Bull Sh** . they are grandstanding, trying to comfort their own consciences that they live a comfortable life in protected neighborhoods.

It is the cop who is working those combat zones where being in uniform makes them the target while the potential criminals look like everyone else that they interact with. Do you wonder why a cop might over react or act too quickly when virtually anyone they contact might try to kill them. The old axiom “Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6” is very real in their job..

These athletes are like children who think that anyone really cares if they hold their breath until they turn blue. I suggest that they hold their breath until they assume room temperature.

296. No more NFL says:

Yeah, we expect you to shut up and entertain…that is your job. You talk about this being “your” platform? This is OUR platform…we pay for it, we pay your salary. How about you go into “your” neighborhoods and make a change. You have no purpose other than showing your ignorance. Overpaid ball catcher with a 3rd grade education perpetuating victim complexes.

297. “kneeled” You have to be kidding me! Are you really a journalist? The proper word is “knelt”!

298. FREEDOM DAWG says:

Happy to see so many like minded people. Maybe we can get a voice for a change.
    I am turning the NFL off.
    Spread the word.

299. larry wagoner says:

as americans they have rights to do this. But, the nfl is showing its true colors. They shut down the cowboys honoring the police. but, this is growing like wildfire. NFL you need too stop this with the left leaning narrative.

300. Considering the time he lived in, Jackie Robinson probably had the ‘right’ to torch the flag during the Anthem but of course he didn’t……and he was 1,000 times more effective in getting his message out than multi millionaire crybaby ‘Dr. King’ wannabees ….

301. Truthhurts says:

Puts him in the proper position to shine shoes so it has some meaning.

302. Karen says:

Very disappointed, if you are not going to stand stay in the locker room.

303. Bob Finnegan says:

They are so freaking oppressed with their high salary they can’t stand for the anthem. What a bunch of over paid bench warmers. Cut their salary and cut them from the team.

304. Done With It says:

Fans need to stay home. When the money stops flowing, their position will change and they will be glad to stand.