Firefighters Rescue Cats, Dogs In Carbon Monoxide Call

BOULDER, Colo. (CBS4) – Residents of an apartment building in Boulder remain evacuated due to a carbon monoxide leak.

At about 9 a.m. on Friday Boulder Fire-Rescue responded to the Canyon Apartments after a woman reported she was feeling extremely sick.

When firefighters arrived, the level of carbon monoxide was 449 parts per million. Normally fresh air contains 0 ppm molecules.

Everyone in the building, which has 24 occupied units along with three dogs and two cats, were evacuated safely.

“Medical personnel are still checking the vitals of everyone exposed to the CO,” Boulder Fire-Rescue said in a statement. “So far no one has been transported for further medical treatment.”

The carbon monoxide leak was traced to the boiler room.

The building is being ventilated, and will remain evacuated until the boiler is repaired. There is no word on how long that should take.

Comments

One Comment

  1. Lauren says:

    “So far no one has been transported for further medical treatment.” That is incorrect, the woman who was extremely ill was transported to the hospital in an ambulance and had to spend several hours on oxygen. There were no carbon monoxide detectors in her apartment—very upsetting and irresponsible behavior on the part of Canyon Apartments. Hope you can amend the story to reflect their culpability in the matter!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Denver

NEWS TEAM
BRONCOS CENTRAL

Listen Live

AM/FM Stations

Featured Shows & Multimedia