Lexus Signs 2-Year Deal To Sponsor USA Pro Challenge
DENVER (AP) — Lexus has signed a two-year contract to sponsor the USA Pro Challenge as part of a move by the luxury automaker to get more involved with the sport on a global basis.
Lexus will become the official vehicle of the Colorado stage race, which begins Aug. 18 in Aspen. It also will provide a three-year lease of one of its hybrids to the winner and become the presenting partner for the jersey awarded to the race’s top sprinter.
Lexus also announced Thursday that it will provide 125 cars for the race-day caravans.
Last year, Lexus commissioned 100 special-edition road bikes designed to demonstrate some shared characteristics between its cars and bikes. The frames use the same carbon-fiber material that Lexus developed for its LFA supercar.
- Family ‘Rides Through Grief’ By Teaching Biking To Youngsters
- Australia’s Rohan Dennis Wins USA Pro Challenge
- Kreuziger Wins Stage 6 Of USA Pro; Dennis Keeps Overall Lead
- Dennis Pads Overall Lead With Time Trial Win In Colorado
- Dennis Nabs Victory, Overall Lead At USA Pro Challenge
- Boulder’s Reijnen Sprints To USA Pro Challenge Win In Aspen
- As USA Pro Challenge Broadcaster, Pro Cyclist Lucas Euser’s Mind Is Still In The Race
- USA’s Bookwalter Wins Stage 2 Of USA Pro Challenge
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)