Lexus Signs 2-Year Deal To Sponsor USA Pro Challenge
DENVER (AP) — Lexus has signed a two-year contract to sponsor the USA Pro Challenge as part of a move by the luxury automaker to get more involved with the sport on a global basis.
Lexus will become the official vehicle of the Colorado stage race, which begins Aug. 18 in Aspen. It also will provide a three-year lease of one of its hybrids to the winner and become the presenting partner for the jersey awarded to the race’s top sprinter.
Lexus also announced Thursday that it will provide 125 cars for the race-day caravans.
Last year, Lexus commissioned 100 special-edition road bikes designed to demonstrate some shared characteristics between its cars and bikes. The frames use the same carbon-fiber material that Lexus developed for its LFA supercar.
- Van Garderen Wins 2nd Straight USA Pro Challenge
- Colorado A Big Winner In The USA Pro Challenge
- Last Day Of USA Pro Challenge Will Close Some Denver Streets
- Van Garderen Extends USA Pro Challenge Lead
- USA Pro Challenge Boosts Tourism, Economy In Mountain Towns
- Didier Wins Stage 5 Of USA Pro Challenge
- USA Pro Challenge Riders Back In Mountains
- Viviani Takes Stage 4 With Late Surge
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)