Hazmat Team Stops Corrosive Leak In Building At CU
BOULDER, Colo. (CBS4) – A building at the University of Colorado in Boulder reopened Saturday after a hazmat team stopped a corrosive leak.
The Daily Camera reported sulfuric acid was leaking from the building’s ventilation system. It’s an ingredient used in fertilizer, chemicals and explosives which was apparently discovered by an air conditioning worker.
One man tried to stop the leak and came in contact with the acid but did not need medical care.