DENVER (CBS4) – The new 112-room Crawford Hotel inside the remodeled Union Station is getting ready for guests.
The hotel, which is named after developer Dana Crawford, promises guests an experience like no other.
“This is a transportation hub. This is going to have some of the hottest restaurants in the city, some of the best retail in the city; and you just happen to have on either side of it, on both wings, south and north, you’ve got 112 luxury hotel rooms,” Union Station Managing Director Fred Kleisner said.
The Crawford Hotel features three types of rooms — the Pullman style, which is a modern take on the old private sleeping train cars; there are also classic rooms and loft rooms in the building’s former attic.
Although the completely remodeled Union Station doesn’t open for two weeks, the hotel opens on Saturday.
Kleisner said the hotel is a nice tribute to Crawford.
“What better way to give a legacy to the one person who did so much for this city and gave Denver, truly, so much to look forward to for the next millenium,” he said.
- Photos Of Union Station Attacker Released
- Winter Park Express Makes Inaugural Journey
- Celebration As Ski Train Prepares To Launch On Saturday
- Ski Train Makes First Trip Of The Season On Saturday
- No Bonus For RTD General Manager Due To ‘A Line’ Problems
- Best Places To Take Your Holiday Photos In Denver
- RTD: A Line Issues Overshadow Train’s Success
- Frigid Temps May Be To Blame For A Line Delays
- Cold May Be To Blame For Latest A Line Issue
- Colorado Skiers Eagerly Await Return Of Train To The Slopes
- B Line From Westminster Turning Out To Be A Big Success
- RTD A Line Trains Back In Service After Early Morning Disruption
- ‘Trashy’ Octopus Takes Up Residence At Union Station
- Century-Old Train Trestle Discovered By RTD
- Remains Of Colorado Men Killed While Fighting ISIS Return Home