DENVER (CBS4) – The new 112-room Crawford Hotel inside the remodeled Union Station is getting ready for guests.
The hotel, which is named after developer Dana Crawford, promises guests an experience like no other.
“This is a transportation hub. This is going to have some of the hottest restaurants in the city, some of the best retail in the city; and you just happen to have on either side of it, on both wings, south and north, you’ve got 112 luxury hotel rooms,” Union Station Managing Director Fred Kleisner said.
The Crawford Hotel features three types of rooms — the Pullman style, which is a modern take on the old private sleeping train cars; there are also classic rooms and loft rooms in the building’s former attic.
Although the completely remodeled Union Station doesn’t open for two weeks, the hotel opens on Saturday.
Kleisner said the hotel is a nice tribute to Crawford.
“What better way to give a legacy to the one person who did so much for this city and gave Denver, truly, so much to look forward to for the next millenium,” he said.
- ‘Doors Open’ To Show Off Denver Architecture
- RTD Celebrates A Line’s 1st Anniversary
- RTD’s A Line Celebrates 1 Year Of Operations
- Nation’s Only Airport-To-Ski Slope Train A Hit This Season
- Another Whole Foods On The Chopping Block
- Valentine’s Day Event Raises $31,000 For Fallen RTD Officer’s Family
- Victim Of Devastating Crash Meets With Mayor About Pedestrian Safety
- Police: Driver Timed Crash Into ‘A Line’ Train
- Businesses Honor Fallen RTD Officer With ‘Day Of Love’ On Valentine’s Day
- Union Station Revitalization Will Save Millions For Denver
- Funeral Held For Slain Security Officer Scott Von Lanken
- Olde Town Hub Opens Despite G Line Delays
- RTD Shooting Suspect Found With Muslim Documents
- Police: Security Guard Shooting ‘Unprovoked’
- Photos Of Union Station Attacker Released