DENVER (CBS4) – The new 112-room Crawford Hotel inside the remodeled Union Station is getting ready for guests.
The hotel, which is named after developer Dana Crawford, promises guests an experience like no other.
“This is a transportation hub. This is going to have some of the hottest restaurants in the city, some of the best retail in the city; and you just happen to have on either side of it, on both wings, south and north, you’ve got 112 luxury hotel rooms,” Union Station Managing Director Fred Kleisner said.
The Crawford Hotel features three types of rooms — the Pullman style, which is a modern take on the old private sleeping train cars; there are also classic rooms and loft rooms in the building’s former attic.
Although the completely remodeled Union Station doesn’t open for two weeks, the hotel opens on Saturday.
Kleisner said the hotel is a nice tribute to Crawford.
“What better way to give a legacy to the one person who did so much for this city and gave Denver, truly, so much to look forward to for the next millenium,” he said.
- Denver’s ‘Train To The Plane’ Has Had Multiple Problems In Its Short History
- A Line Loses Power, Passengers Rescued From Train Stuck On Bridge
- Flaggers Monitor A Line Crossings After Issue With Gates
- More Options For RTD Riders Via New B-Cycle Hub At Union Station
- CU-Denver Students Treat New ‘Plane To The Train’ Passengers To ‘Iron Pour’
- Rail Service To DIA Considered Expensive Compared To Others
- City County Building, Union Station Purple Tribute To Prince
- RTD Helps Those With Disabilities Learn New A Line
- Platform Parties Planned For Train To DIA’s Grand Opening
- Progress Being Made On RTD’s Northwest Rail Line
- Excitement Builds As RTD Shows Off New Commuter Train To DIA
- Las Vegas Representatives Tour Union Station
- New App Helps With Trip Planning Around Denver
- Parade, Celebration For Broncos Planned For Tuesday Expected To Be Huge
- Denver Reveals Victory Parade Plan For Super Bowl Champion Broncos