DENVER (CBS4) – The new 112-room Crawford Hotel inside the remodeled Union Station is getting ready for guests.
The hotel, which is named after developer Dana Crawford, promises guests an experience like no other.
“This is a transportation hub. This is going to have some of the hottest restaurants in the city, some of the best retail in the city; and you just happen to have on either side of it, on both wings, south and north, you’ve got 112 luxury hotel rooms,” Union Station Managing Director Fred Kleisner said.
The Crawford Hotel features three types of rooms — the Pullman style, which is a modern take on the old private sleeping train cars; there are also classic rooms and loft rooms in the building’s former attic.
Although the completely remodeled Union Station doesn’t open for two weeks, the hotel opens on Saturday.
Kleisner said the hotel is a nice tribute to Crawford.
“What better way to give a legacy to the one person who did so much for this city and gave Denver, truly, so much to look forward to for the next millenium,” he said.
- Affordable Condominiums Going Up Near Union Station Come With Qualifications
- Get Ready For More Affordable Housing Near Union Station
- RTD Train Drives Over Person Lying On Tracks; Person Not Hurt
- Facebook Making A Move In Mile High City
- Jury Convicts Man Who Shot RTD Guard
- Jury Deliberations Begin In Joshua Cummings Murder Trial
- ‘Super Bowl Of Stock Shows’ Ready To Open This Weekend
- Winter Park Express Begins Season On Friday
- Whole Foods Opens Union Station Location
- Only 2 Days Left For The Whole Foods In Capitol Hill
- Restaurant Reopens After Fire Shut It Down For Weeks
- Downtown Restaurant Thanks Firefighters For Quick Response
- Take A Sky-High Look Into The Mile High City’s Future
- Whole Foods Market Nearing Opening Day At Union Station
- Cutbacks Considered On RTD’s W Line