DENVER (CBS4) – A restaurant that serves oysters and other seafood is opening on Wednesday in Denver’s Union Station.
Stoic & Geniune is the first of several restaurants and shops that will be opening in the redeveloped Union Station in the next couple of weeks.
Owners Beth Gruitch and Jennifer Jasinski believe their restaurant has something different to offer Denver, a new twist on the dining experience.
“It’s a seafood house and a granita bar,” said Jasinski. “Beth has a beautiful cocktail program around these Italian shaved ices, that’s what a granita is.”
The staff has been working out the kinks during some practice shifts for friends and family in the last few days.
The space mixes new with some of the old hints of the Union Station building. It’s relatively small, it only serves 60 people, but it also has an interesting patio space.
“The project itself is awesome,” Gruitch said. “This whole development is pretty amazing.”
PHOTO GALLERY: Stoic & Geniune Opens In Union Station
“I think people are going to notice how we’ve really handcrafted the menus, and not just the food menu,” Janinski said. “We’ve hand picked what kind of fish we’re gonna have that day fresh. And we’re going to adapt it and change these things every day, or with Beth handcrafting her champaigns and her granitas and everything at the bar. We’ve been very thoughtful about everything.”
Stoic & Geniune is open to walk in traffic as well as taking reservations.
“The lobsters came to us yesterday directly from Maine directly here. They didn’t go through a middle man. It’s all about relationships,” said Janinski.
“I think they’re going to have the freshest seafood that you can get in Denver. Period,” said Gruitch.
Gruitch and Jasinski also operate Larimer Square restaurants Rioja, Bistro Vendome and Euclid Hall.
- Facebook Making A Move In Mile High City
- Jury Convicts Man Who Shot RTD Guard
- Jury Deliberations Begin In Joshua Cummings Murder Trial
- ‘Super Bowl Of Stock Shows’ Ready To Open This Weekend
- Winter Park Express Begins Season On Friday
- Whole Foods Opens Union Station Location
- Only 2 Days Left For The Whole Foods In Capitol Hill
- Restaurant Reopens After Fire Shut It Down For Weeks
- Downtown Restaurant Thanks Firefighters For Quick Response
- Take A Sky-High Look Into The Mile High City’s Future
- Whole Foods Market Nearing Opening Day At Union Station
- Cutbacks Considered On RTD’s W Line
- Ski Train Success! Passengers Catch A Ride Again This Ski Season
- Uber Issues Warning About Fake Drivers
- After Months Of Delays, G-Line Testing Begins Wednesday