DENVER (CBS4) – A restaurant that serves oysters and other seafood is opening on Wednesday in Denver’s Union Station.
Stoic & Geniune is the first of several restaurants and shops that will be opening in the redeveloped Union Station in the next couple of weeks.
Owners Beth Gruitch and Jennifer Jasinski believe their restaurant has something different to offer Denver, a new twist on the dining experience.
“It’s a seafood house and a granita bar,” said Jasinski. “Beth has a beautiful cocktail program around these Italian shaved ices, that’s what a granita is.”
The staff has been working out the kinks during some practice shifts for friends and family in the last few days.
The space mixes new with some of the old hints of the Union Station building. It’s relatively small, it only serves 60 people, but it also has an interesting patio space.
“The project itself is awesome,” Gruitch said. “This whole development is pretty amazing.”
PHOTO GALLERY: Stoic & Geniune Opens In Union Station
“I think people are going to notice how we’ve really handcrafted the menus, and not just the food menu,” Janinski said. “We’ve hand picked what kind of fish we’re gonna have that day fresh. And we’re going to adapt it and change these things every day, or with Beth handcrafting her champaigns and her granitas and everything at the bar. We’ve been very thoughtful about everything.”
Stoic & Geniune is open to walk in traffic as well as taking reservations.
“The lobsters came to us yesterday directly from Maine directly here. They didn’t go through a middle man. It’s all about relationships,” said Janinski.
“I think they’re going to have the freshest seafood that you can get in Denver. Period,” said Gruitch.
Gruitch and Jasinski also operate Larimer Square restaurants Rioja, Bistro Vendome and Euclid Hall.
- Entertainer Hula Hoops Her Way To Union Station
- B Line Begins Test Runs From Union Station To Westminster
- Many Bike Thieves Lurking In Spots Denverites Ride To Most
- Anadarko Teams Up With ‘Wish For Wheels’ To Deliver Smiles
- What’s The Buzz At Union Station?
- Lightning Forces Another A Line Closure
- Denver’s ‘Train To The Plane’ Has Had Multiple Problems In Its Short History
- A Line Loses Power, Passengers Rescued From Train Stuck On Bridge
- Flaggers Monitor A Line Crossings After Issue With Gates
- More Options For RTD Riders Via New B-Cycle Hub At Union Station
- CU-Denver Students Treat New ‘Plane To The Train’ Passengers To ‘Iron Pour’
- Rail Service To DIA Considered Expensive Compared To Others
- City County Building, Union Station Purple Tribute To Prince
- RTD Helps Those With Disabilities Learn New A Line
- Platform Parties Planned For Train To DIA’s Grand Opening