Crews Get Handle On Grass Fire In El Paso County
WIDEFIELD, Colo. (CBS4) – Firefighters in El Paso County have knocked down a grass fire burning near a Widefield park.
The fire broke out near Carp Lake Tuesday afternoon. It’s not clear how many acres burned but firefighters announced they got the upper hand on the fire just after 2 p.m.
The fire came close to a pavilion in Widefield Community Park but didn’t threaten any other structures.
Fontaine Boulevard between Grinnell and Drury has been closed while crews clean up the fire.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Colorado Investing In New Wildfire Prediction System
- Wildfire Season Briefing: ‘We’re Bringing New Tools To The Fight’
- Colorado Fire Managers To Release Outlook For Wildfire Season
- Hickenlooper Signs Wildfire Mitigation Bills In Durango
- Wildfire Burning Near Durango 100 Percent Contained
- Wildfire Crews Gear Up For Fire Season
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries