Crews Get Handle On Grass Fire In El Paso County
WIDEFIELD, Colo. (CBS4) – Firefighters in El Paso County have knocked down a grass fire burning near a Widefield park.
The fire broke out near Carp Lake Tuesday afternoon. It’s not clear how many acres burned but firefighters announced they got the upper hand on the fire just after 2 p.m.
The fire came close to a pavilion in Widefield Community Park but didn’t threaten any other structures.
Fontaine Boulevard between Grinnell and Drury has been closed while crews clean up the fire.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Colorado Pays Nearly $18 Million To Wildfire Victims
- 450-Acre Elk Springs Fire 90 Percent Contained
- Flash Flood Watch Across Southern Colorado
- Crews Battle New Wildfire In Northwestern Colorado
- Alkali Fire Could Be Fully Contained By Sunday
- Crews Keep Northwest Colorado Fire From Growing
- Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries