Crews Get Handle On Grass Fire In El Paso County
WIDEFIELD, Colo. (CBS4) – Firefighters in El Paso County have knocked down a grass fire burning near a Widefield park.
The fire broke out near Carp Lake Tuesday afternoon. It’s not clear how many acres burned but firefighters announced they got the upper hand on the fire just after 2 p.m.
The fire came close to a pavilion in Widefield Community Park but didn’t threaten any other structures.
Fontaine Boulevard between Grinnell and Drury has been closed while crews clean up the fire.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- With No New Growth, Firefighters Scale Back At Moffat County Wildfire
- Wildfire On Dinosaur National Monument Property Estimated At 400 Acres
- Newly-Trained Firefighters From Colorado Headed To Alaska
- Smokey Skies Over Colorado Caused By Western Wildfires
- Climate Change Impacts Western Wildfires
- Interior Secretary Jewell On Wildfires: ‘Future Of American West Is At Stake’
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries