Crews Get Handle On Grass Fire In El Paso County
WIDEFIELD, Colo. (CBS4) – Firefighters in El Paso County have knocked down a grass fire burning near a Widefield park.
The fire broke out near Carp Lake Tuesday afternoon. It’s not clear how many acres burned but firefighters announced they got the upper hand on the fire just after 2 p.m.
The fire came close to a pavilion in Widefield Community Park but didn’t threaten any other structures.
Fontaine Boulevard between Grinnell and Drury has been closed while crews clean up the fire.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Wildfire Burning Near Durango 100 Percent Contained
- Wildfire Crews Gear Up For Fire Season
- Wildfire Burning Near Durango 60 Percent Contained
- Fire Danger Rises In Colorado Ahead Of Possible Relief
- Wildfires Burning Near Kenosha Pass, Durango
- Crews Training For Wildfires Say They Need To Work On Communication
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries