WIDEFIELD, Colo. (CBS4) – Firefighters in El Paso County have knocked down a grass fire burning near a Widefield park.
The fire broke out near Carp Lake Tuesday afternoon. It’s not clear how many acres burned but firefighters announced they got the upper hand on the fire just after 2 p.m.
The fire came close to a pavilion in Widefield Community Park but didn’t threaten any other structures.
Fontaine Boulevard between Grinnell and Drury has been closed while crews clean up the fire.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Forest Service: Beaver Creek Fire Is Human-Caused
- Grass Fire Fueled By Strong Winds
- Wildland Crews Contain More Of Hertha Ridge Fire
- Full Containment Of Fire Near Parachute Expected By Day’s End
- Fire Crews Battle 80-Acre Brush Fire That Prompted Evacuations
- Brush Fire Grows Close To Apartments, Sets Off Smoke Alarms
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries