Crews Get Handle On Grass Fire In El Paso County
WIDEFIELD, Colo. (CBS4) – Firefighters in El Paso County have knocked down a grass fire burning near a Widefield park.
The fire broke out near Carp Lake Tuesday afternoon. It’s not clear how many acres burned but firefighters announced they got the upper hand on the fire just after 2 p.m.
The fire came close to a pavilion in Widefield Community Park but didn’t threaten any other structures.
Fontaine Boulevard between Grinnell and Drury has been closed while crews clean up the fire.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Grass Fire Burning Along I-25 And E-470
- 2 Military Planes From Colorado Arrive In California To Fight Wildfires
- Colorado Sending Aircraft To Help California & Oregon Fight Wildfires
- Brush Fire In Greeley Melts Property Owner’s Fence
- Grass Fire Near Loveland Under Control Before It Could Threaten Homes
- Several More Days To Contain Red Canyon Wildfire
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries