WALSENBURG, Colo. (AP) – Higher humidity and clouds have helped firefighters contain about 80 percent of a 15-acre wildfire in southern Colorado.
No structures are threatened by the Four Mile Canyon Fire in Huerfano County. Spokeswoman Lori Cordova says crews expect 100 percent containment by late Monday.
The fire was burning in the Blackhawk subdivision, about 10 miles west of the town of Aguilar on Interstate 25.
Cordova says authorities hope to lift all evacuation orders late Monday.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Winter Valley Fire Explodes In Size Overnight
- Campground Evacuated, Fire Burns Near Dinosaur National Monument
- Tenderfoot 2 Fire Started From Power Pole Insulator Failure
- Firefighters Gain ‘Upper Hand’ Over Tenderfoot 2 Fire, But Have Warning
- Tenderfoot 2 Fire Grows to 25 Acres
- Wildfire Breaks Out In Dillon Above Highway 6
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)