WALSENBURG, Colo. (AP) – Higher humidity and clouds have helped firefighters contain about 80 percent of a 15-acre wildfire in southern Colorado.
No structures are threatened by the Four Mile Canyon Fire in Huerfano County. Spokeswoman Lori Cordova says crews expect 100 percent containment by late Monday.
The fire was burning in the Blackhawk subdivision, about 10 miles west of the town of Aguilar on Interstate 25.
Cordova says authorities hope to lift all evacuation orders late Monday.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Bill Would Make Penalty Higher For Leaving A Campfire Unattended
- ‘Too Close For Comfort’ Grass Fire Reminder Of Drought, Fire Danger
- National Stories That Made Headlines In 2017
- Grass Fire Puts Up A Lot Of Smoke Near Mead
- House Burns Down In The Foothills
- Firefighter Dies Battling Huge California Wildfire
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)