WALSENBURG, Colo. (AP) – Higher humidity and clouds have helped firefighters contain about 80 percent of a 15-acre wildfire in southern Colorado.
No structures are threatened by the Four Mile Canyon Fire in Huerfano County. Spokeswoman Lori Cordova says crews expect 100 percent containment by late Monday.
The fire was burning in the Blackhawk subdivision, about 10 miles west of the town of Aguilar on Interstate 25.
Cordova says authorities hope to lift all evacuation orders late Monday.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Crews Quickly Gain Upper Hand On Fire That Threatened Structures
- Delaware Firefighters Head To Colorado To Battle Wildfires
- Crews Contain Wildfire On Table Mountain Near Golden
- Wildfire Contained After Burning 30 Acres Near Carter Lake
- Trout Species Threatened Inside Hayden Pass Fire Burn Area
- Firefighter Safety A Top Priority As Beaver Creek Fire Continues To Burn
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)