Weather Helps Fight Against Wildfire In Huerfano County
WALSENBURG, Colo. (AP) – Higher humidity and clouds have helped firefighters contain about 80 percent of a 15-acre wildfire in southern Colorado.
No structures are threatened by the Four Mile Canyon Fire in Huerfano County. Spokeswoman Lori Cordova says crews expect 100 percent containment by late Monday.
The fire was burning in the Blackhawk subdivision, about 10 miles west of the town of Aguilar on Interstate 25.
Cordova says authorities hope to lift all evacuation orders late Monday.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Neighbors Count On Goats’ Hearty Appetite To Keep Them Safe
- Colorado Firefighters Help Out Other States, ‘Focus On Home’
- Wildfire In Golden Gate Canyon Gets Close To Some Homes
- 3 Grass Fires On Tuesday Could Be Sign Of Things To Come
- Grass Fire At Fort Carson Can Be Seen For Miles
- Crews Contain 1,500-Acre Brush Fire Near Agate In Elbert County
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)