WALSENBURG, Colo. (AP) – Higher humidity and clouds have helped firefighters contain about 80 percent of a 15-acre wildfire in southern Colorado.
No structures are threatened by the Four Mile Canyon Fire in Huerfano County. Spokeswoman Lori Cordova says crews expect 100 percent containment by late Monday.
The fire was burning in the Blackhawk subdivision, about 10 miles west of the town of Aguilar on Interstate 25.
Cordova says authorities hope to lift all evacuation orders late Monday.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Man Admits To Starting Wildfire That Closed I-70
- Western Slope Wildfire Closes I-70 3 Different Times
- Crews Make Progress 41,000 Acre Wildfire
- Wildfire Closes I-70 Near Fruita
- Wildfire Fanned By Strong Winds Has Burned 10 Homes
- Calmer Weather Should Help Fight Against Southern Colorado Wildfires
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)