WALSENBURG, Colo. (AP) – Higher humidity and clouds have helped firefighters contain about 80 percent of a 15-acre wildfire in southern Colorado.
No structures are threatened by the Four Mile Canyon Fire in Huerfano County. Spokeswoman Lori Cordova says crews expect 100 percent containment by late Monday.
The fire was burning in the Blackhawk subdivision, about 10 miles west of the town of Aguilar on Interstate 25.
Cordova says authorities hope to lift all evacuation orders late Monday.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Forest Service: 2016 Wildfire Season Expected To Be Less Severe
- Colorado To Forecast 2016 Wildfire Season After 2 Mild Years
- Grass Fire Forces 9 Homes To Evacuate In Colorado Springs
- Prescribed Burn Gets Out Of Control, Temporarily Closes Highway 285
- Crews Knock Down Brush Fire In Aurora
- Wildfire Breaks Out In Western Eagle County In Dry Conditions
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)