WALSENBURG, Colo. (AP) – Higher humidity and clouds have helped firefighters contain about 80 percent of a 15-acre wildfire in southern Colorado.
No structures are threatened by the Four Mile Canyon Fire in Huerfano County. Spokeswoman Lori Cordova says crews expect 100 percent containment by late Monday.
The fire was burning in the Blackhawk subdivision, about 10 miles west of the town of Aguilar on Interstate 25.
Cordova says authorities hope to lift all evacuation orders late Monday.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Strong Winds Fuel Fire At Cherry Creek State Park
- Firefighters Battle Brush Fire Near Longmont In High Winds
- Crews Contain Bobcat Powerline Fire
- Weather Conditions Help Firefighters In Larimer County
- Grass Fire Burns Near Walsenburg
- Strong Wind Gusts Fuel Wildfire Burning In Larimer County
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)