WALSENBURG, Colo. (AP) – Higher humidity and clouds have helped firefighters contain about 80 percent of a 15-acre wildfire in southern Colorado.
No structures are threatened by the Four Mile Canyon Fire in Huerfano County. Spokeswoman Lori Cordova says crews expect 100 percent containment by late Monday.
The fire was burning in the Blackhawk subdivision, about 10 miles west of the town of Aguilar on Interstate 25.
Cordova says authorities hope to lift all evacuation orders late Monday.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Crews Working On ‘Hold Lines’ At Wildfire In Park County
- Mountain Transient And Homeless Campsites Lead To Fire Danger
- Fire That Put Up A Lot Of Smoke Was A Prescribed Burn
- Colorado Researchers To Embark On Large-Scale Wildfire Smoke Study
- Some High Plains Farmers Struggling After Fires, Drought
- Man Arrested In Connection With Wildfire That Killed Hundreds Of Cattle
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)