WALSENBURG, Colo. (AP) – Higher humidity and clouds have helped firefighters contain about 80 percent of a 15-acre wildfire in southern Colorado.
No structures are threatened by the Four Mile Canyon Fire in Huerfano County. Spokeswoman Lori Cordova says crews expect 100 percent containment by late Monday.
The fire was burning in the Blackhawk subdivision, about 10 miles west of the town of Aguilar on Interstate 25.
Cordova says authorities hope to lift all evacuation orders late Monday.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Arson Charges Filed In Highway 285 Fire
- Brush Fire Determined To Be Human-Caused
- Another Suspicious Fire Breaks Out Near Green Mountain
- Hickenlooper: Prepare For Fire Season
- Colorado Wildland Firefighters Discuss This Summer’s Outlook
- Firefighters: Two Fires In 2 Days Considered Suspicious
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)