Weather Helps Fight Against Wildfire In Huerfano County
WALSENBURG, Colo. (AP) – Higher humidity and clouds have helped firefighters contain about 80 percent of a 15-acre wildfire in southern Colorado.
No structures are threatened by the Four Mile Canyon Fire in Huerfano County. Spokeswoman Lori Cordova says crews expect 100 percent containment by late Monday.
The fire was burning in the Blackhawk subdivision, about 10 miles west of the town of Aguilar on Interstate 25.
Cordova says authorities hope to lift all evacuation orders late Monday.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- With No New Growth, Firefighters Scale Back At Moffat County Wildfire
- Wildfire On Dinosaur National Monument Property Estimated At 400 Acres
- Newly-Trained Firefighters From Colorado Headed To Alaska
- Smokey Skies Over Colorado Caused By Western Wildfires
- Climate Change Impacts Western Wildfires
- Interior Secretary Jewell On Wildfires: ‘Future Of American West Is At Stake’
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)