Weather Helps Fight Against Wildfire In Huerfano County
WALSENBURG, Colo. (AP) – Higher humidity and clouds have helped firefighters contain about 80 percent of a 15-acre wildfire in southern Colorado.
No structures are threatened by the Four Mile Canyon Fire in Huerfano County. Spokeswoman Lori Cordova says crews expect 100 percent containment by late Monday.
The fire was burning in the Blackhawk subdivision, about 10 miles west of the town of Aguilar on Interstate 25.
Cordova says authorities hope to lift all evacuation orders late Monday.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Infrared Technology Aboard Planes Will Help Crews Fight Wildfires
- Governor Tours Colorado Natural Disaster Sites
- Holiday Weekend Visitors Check Out Newly Reopened Royal Gorge Park
- Al Qaeda Reportedly Targeting The Air Force Academy
- Royal Gorge Opens To Public In Time For Labor Day Weekend
- Colorado Buys Fire-Spotting Planes To Battle Fires
- Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)