WALSENBURG, Colo. (AP) – Higher humidity and clouds have helped firefighters contain about 80 percent of a 15-acre wildfire in southern Colorado.
No structures are threatened by the Four Mile Canyon Fire in Huerfano County. Spokeswoman Lori Cordova says crews expect 100 percent containment by late Monday.
The fire was burning in the Blackhawk subdivision, about 10 miles west of the town of Aguilar on Interstate 25.
Cordova says authorities hope to lift all evacuation orders late Monday.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- ‘We Don’t Control These Things’: Wildfire Recovery Could Take Years
- Wind Speeds A Concern After Grass Fire Breaks Out In Colorado Springs
- Colorado Sends 20 Fire Engines And Their Crews To Help In California
- California Firefighters Say They Finally ‘Turned A Corner’
- Family Flees To Colorado During California Wildfires
- Prescribed Burn Sends Up Plume Of Smoke At Arsenal
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)