Weather Helps Fight Against Wildfire In Huerfano County
WALSENBURG, Colo. (AP) – Higher humidity and clouds have helped firefighters contain about 80 percent of a 15-acre wildfire in southern Colorado.
No structures are threatened by the Four Mile Canyon Fire in Huerfano County. Spokeswoman Lori Cordova says crews expect 100 percent containment by late Monday.
The fire was burning in the Blackhawk subdivision, about 10 miles west of the town of Aguilar on Interstate 25.
Cordova says authorities hope to lift all evacuation orders late Monday.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Evidence Of Last November’s Freeze Found In Damaged Evergreens
- Crews Battle Wildfires During Saturday’s Warm, Windy Conditions
- Prescribed Burns Planned On Federal Land In San Luis Valley
- Report Says Beetles Don’t Make Forests More Likely To Burn
- Prescribed Burns Postponed At Rocky Mountain Arsenal Refuge
- Heat Breaking Colorado Weather Records, Raising Fire Danger
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)