Weather Helps Fight Against Wildfire In Huerfano County
WALSENBURG, Colo. (AP) – Higher humidity and clouds have helped firefighters contain about 80 percent of a 15-acre wildfire in southern Colorado.
No structures are threatened by the Four Mile Canyon Fire in Huerfano County. Spokeswoman Lori Cordova says crews expect 100 percent containment by late Monday.
The fire was burning in the Blackhawk subdivision, about 10 miles west of the town of Aguilar on Interstate 25.
Cordova says authorities hope to lift all evacuation orders late Monday.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- 8,000-Acre Wildfire In Moffat County Claims 2 Buildings
- Colorado Red Cross Volunteers Head To Washington To Help Wildfire Victims
- Manitou Springs Residents Brace For More Flooding
- Wildfire Burning Near Bayfield Closes Campground
- Wildfire Breaks Out In SW Colorado, Campground Evacuated
- Firefighters Who Died In Storm King Fire Remembered 20 Years Later
- Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)