WALSENBURG, Colo. (AP) – Higher humidity and clouds have helped firefighters contain about 80 percent of a 15-acre wildfire in southern Colorado.
No structures are threatened by the Four Mile Canyon Fire in Huerfano County. Spokeswoman Lori Cordova says crews expect 100 percent containment by late Monday.
The fire was burning in the Blackhawk subdivision, about 10 miles west of the town of Aguilar on Interstate 25.
Cordova says authorities hope to lift all evacuation orders late Monday.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Arrest Made In Beaver Creek Fire Investigation
- Firefighters Hopeful About Battle Against Junkins Fire
- Some Wildfire Evacuees Near Beulah Allowed Back Home
- Fire Crews Make Progress On Junkins Fire
- Western States Experience A Below-Average Wildfire Season
- 5 Homes, Other Structures Lost In Junkins Fire Burning In Southern Colorado
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)