Weather Helps Fight Against Wildfire In Huerfano County
WALSENBURG, Colo. (AP) – Higher humidity and clouds have helped firefighters contain about 80 percent of a 15-acre wildfire in southern Colorado.
No structures are threatened by the Four Mile Canyon Fire in Huerfano County. Spokeswoman Lori Cordova says crews expect 100 percent containment by late Monday.
The fire was burning in the Blackhawk subdivision, about 10 miles west of the town of Aguilar on Interstate 25.
Cordova says authorities hope to lift all evacuation orders late Monday.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Wildfire Danger Continues To Grow In Colorado
- Rifle Range Fire In Grand County 80 Percent Contained
- ‘The Wind Is Not Helping’ The Stubborn Rifle Range Fire In Grand County
- Wildfire Haze In Colorado Could Stick Around For Weeks
- Brush Fire In Byers Canyon In Grand County Grows To 568 Acres
- Tossed Cigarette Believed To Have Caused Grass Fire Near Golden
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)