CSU Researchers Try To Determine Poison Used To Lace Meatballs

View Comments
A warning sign at the park in Gunbarrel (credit: CBS)

A warning sign at the park in Gunbarrel (credit: CBS)

FORT COLLINS, Colo. (CBS4) – Researchers at Colorado State University are trying to figure out exactly what was used to lace poisonous meatballs left in a Boulder County park.

(credit: CBS)

(credit: CBS)

Several dogs got sick after eating the toxic meat in a park in Gunbarrel located at Buckingham Road and Spyglass Court on Tuesday. One of them was 6-month-old “Amos.” He got sick after a trip to the park, leaving his owner angry.

“When we realized it was poison our thoughts were things you can’t say on camera,” Amos’ owner Brandon Weil said.

Amos was not the only dog who got sick. There were reports of several more illnesses Wednesday morning

Amos has to have blood tests every 12 hours until his veterinarian clears him.

At least six of the poisonous meatballs turned up in the area around the park.

RELATED: Dog Falls Ill After Poisoned Meatballs Found In Park In Gunbarrel

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,396 other followers