Boy May Have Been Left Home Alone For 4 Days Before He Died
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, Colo. (CBS4) – A mother facing charges in the death of her 3-year-old may have left her son home alone longer than originally thought before he died.
The Steamboat Pilot reported that Austin Davis may have been home alone for four days before he died, according to what Megan McKeon’s boyfriend told police.
In an affidavit, the boyfriend said he and McKeon spent four nights together and he did not recall her making any arrangements to care for Davis.
Originally police thought McKeon, 24, left her small cabin at a campground to go to work. They believed she left Wednesday, March 26 and returned Thursday morning, March 27.
McKeon told detectives she had left food, juice and a movie playing for her son, Austin Davis. She told detectives she had left him home alone on a regular basis, about 20 times before.
More Megan McKeon Stories
- Judge Orders Release Of Autopsy Report
- Boy May Have Been Left Home Alone For 4 Days Before He Died
- Mom Accused In 3-Year-Old’s Death Could Face Harsher Charges
- Steamboat Springs Mom Facing Child Abuse Charges
- Steamboat Springs Mother Charged After 3-Year-Old’s Death