Man Charged In 2011 Murder Gets 30 Years In Prison
DENVER (AP) — A 41-year-old man charged in a fatal shooting in Denver in 2011 has been sentenced to 30 years in prison.
The Denver District Attorney’s Office says Alfred Flores was sentenced Thursday for the death of 27-year-old Manuel Martinez, who was found shot in the head and left on a street Nov. 27, 2011. Flores, who had been in a fight with Martinez, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder.
Prosecutors say a car thought to have been used in the murder was set on fire and was found later that day in Clear Creek Canyon.
Lynn Kimbrough with the district attorney’s office says the charge was the result of work by the Denver Cold Case Project.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)