Aspen Murder Victim May Have Been Planning To Open Spa
ASPEN, Colo. (CBS4) – While friends and family of a popular member of the Aspen community who was murdered plan a memorial service, details of the relationship between the victim and the suspects are emerging.
Nancy Pfister, 57, was found dead in her Aspen home at the end of February. A couple who had been renting her home — William F. Styler III, 65, and Nancy Christine Styler, 62 — face murder charges in the case.
Sources close to the ongoing investigation tell CBS4 that Pfister was beaten to death.
Pfister and the Stylers had more than just a landlord-tenant relationship, according to sources. They allegedly celebrated in costumes together at Hotel Jerome last Halloween and may have been planning to open a spa together.
The Pfister name is all around Aspen. A road is named Pfister Drive, and Buttermilk ski area is a constant reminder of the family — Nancy’s parents Betty and Art Pfister helped develop the ski area.
“She kind of is Aspen,” her daughter Juliana Pfister told CBS4.
“She was the person I loved the most in the whole entire universe. She is the person I loved the most. But I bet if she wasn’t my mom, she would have been one of my best friends,” she said.
Aspen Daily News reporter Carolyn Sackariason was friends with Nancy and said she “was one of those people that made Aspen Aspen.” She said covering the case has been tough.
“It has been hard to interview her close friends and her family, knowing who she was and the free spirit that she was,” said Sackariason.
Juliana Pfister said she is trying to find a way to pay tribute to her mom’s life.
“I really want to create something in honor of her,” she said. “She had so many passions, from photography to writing to travel to cooking.”
- Lie-Detector Answers, Threats Led To Arrests In Aspen Socialite’s Murder
- No Theft Charges For Assistant In Aspen Slaying
- Man Tells Judge He Killed Aspen Socialite Nancy Pfister With Hammer
- 1 Of 3 Suspects Eliminated From Aspen Socialite Murder Case
- Charges Dropped Against 1 Of The Suspects In Murder Of Aspen Socialite
- Documents In Aspen Slaying Focus On $600,000 Bank Transfer
- Aspen Slaying Documents Won’t Be Public Until July
- Preliminary Hearings Delayed For Suspects In Murder Of Aspen Socialite
- Aspen Murder Suspect Fights Release Of Documents
- Defense In Aspen Socialite Murder Case ‘Overwhelmed’ By National Attention