Local

Natural Gas Leak Causes Explosions At Lakewood Apartments

View Comments

LAKEWOOD, Colo. (CBS4) – Several Lakewood residents are back inside their apartments after a series of explosions forced evacuations.

The incident happened just before 5 a.m. at 788 South Reed Court. A call came in reporting explosions and flashes from the boiler room.

Crews found a natural gas leak.

The explosions stopped after crews shut off the gas.

Firefighters evacuated six units for a short time.

“I just heard a loud bang and I knew it wasn’t a gunshot. It sounded like a bomb, almost,” resident Justin Sturgill told CBS4. “I just panicked and it woke me up. I ran and woke up my roommates. As all that was going on the firefighters came and banged on our door and told us to evacuate the building.”

No one was hurt.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,471 other followers