DENVER (CBS4) – A man accused in a fatal hit-and-run of an 11-year-old boy has been formally charged.
According to Lynn Kimbrough with the district attorney’s office, Oswaldo Lopez, 21, has been charged with leaving the scene of an accident resulting in death and vehicular homicide.
“The charges allege that on Feb. 16 Lopez was driving northbound on Federal Boulevard at about West Colfax Avenue at a high rate of speed when he struck a pedestrian crossing mid-block,” Kimbrough said in a statement. “The charges further allege that he continued to drive away and did not stop to render aid.”
Michael Espinoza, 11, died from his injuries.
Lopez is scheduled to appear in court on Monday to be formally advised of the charges.
More Oswaldo Lopez Stories
- Suspect In Hit & Run At Killed 11-Year-Old Boy Pleads Not Guilty
- Fatal Hit & Run Suspect Formally Charged
- Police: Several Reasons For Hit-And-Runs, Intoxication Tops List
- Suspect In Fatal Hit & Run Admits To Street Racing
- Sister Of 11-Year-Old Hit & Run Victim Heard Rumors Of Street Racing
- 11-Year-Old Killed In Hit & Run