Rockies To Retire Helton’s No. 17 Jersey
DENVER (AP) – The Colorado Rockies will retire former first baseman Todd Helton’s No. 17 on Aug. 17.
The club announced its promotional schedule Thursday and it includes a three-day weekend honoring Helton, who retired at the end of last season.
Helton will be honored in a ceremony on Aug. 17 before the Rockies play the Cincinnati Reds.
Also, Root Sports announced former Rockies outfielder Ryan Spilborghs will join its Rockies broadcast team this season.
Spilborghs played a key role in the Rockies’ 2007 World Series run and had considered resuming his career with the Rockies on a minor league contract this season before deciding to retire and go into broadcasting. He’ll be a part of the team’s pregame and postgame shows.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More Todd Helton Stories
- Top 8 Things Peyton Manning Should Shout Out Besides ‘Omaha’
- Rockies Retire Helton’s No. 17 Jersey
- Todd Helton Visits Broncos Training Camp
- Peyton Manning On Hand As Todd Helton Inducted Into Colorado Sports Hall Of Fame
- Tennessee Sports Hall Of Fame To Honor Todd Helton
- Morneau Ready To Step In At 1st Base For Helton
- 5 Things To Know About The Colorado Rockies