Local

Triple Stabbing Suspect Now Faces 2 First Degree Murder Charges

View Comments

BOULDER, Colo. (CBS4) – The charges against a Frederick man suspected of stabbing and killing two people and injuring another outside a party in Longmont last weekend are now more severe.

Dino Martinez, 20, learned in a Boulder courtroom on Thursday that he is now facing two counts of first degree murder and one count of attempted first degree murder. Martinez previously faced only one first degree murder count; the change in the charges is a result of one of the victims being taken off life support and dying on Tuesday.

Secundino "Dino" Martinez appears in court on Jan. 16, 2014. (credit: Matthew Jonas/Longmont Times-Call/Pool Photographer

Secundino “Dino” Martinez appears in court on Jan. 16, 2014. (credit: Matthew Jonas/Longmont Times-Call/Pool Photographer

Approximately 20 people showed up at the courthouse to support Martinez, including his mother. None were willing to do interviews with CBS4.

Martinez is being held in jail without bond. His next court appearance is on March 6.

Longmont police said there was a fight on the front lawn of a house party early Sunday morning and that Martinez stabbed and killed Brian Farmer, 19, of Lafayette. Jerrad Wallace, 18, and Trevor Dolifka, another teen, were also stabbed and Wallace later died.

Police said the people at the party were between the ages of 16 and 21 and that many were using marijuana and drinking alcohol.

According to court documents a witness said Martinez “became belligerent, calling girls names and causing trouble.” Martinez was asked to leave and as he did, grabbed a knife from the kitchen.

According to the arrest affidavit, Martinez told police six people were beating him up and that he was defending himself.

More Longmont Stabbing Stories

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,708 other followers