Electrical Problem May Have Sparked Westmintser House Fire
WESTMINSTER, Colo. (CBS4)- An electrical problem may have sparked a house fire in Westminster early Wednesday morning.
The fire started just after 2 a.m. inside a split-level home located in the 14000 block of King Circle.
Mark Trawinsky, who lives in the home, woke up to the smell of smoke.
He went into the living room and saw a glow behind the coach.
That’s when Trawinsky grabbed his dogs and went to get help. Unfortunately one of the dogs went back inside.
“While waiting for my neighbor to answer his door one of my dogs went back in the house and they found him. I thought he was out in the neighborhood,” said Trawinsky.
The fire caused more than $100,000 in damage. Fire investigators with West Metro Fire Rescue believe it was an electrical problem that started that fire.