Teen Killed, 2 Others Injured In CO Poisoning

(credit: CBS)

(credit: CBS)

CEDAREDGE, Colo. (CBS4) – A teen has died and another is in critical condition after being exposed to carbon monoxide in a camper.

Three boys slept in the camper Sunday night in Cedaredge on the Western Slope. The boy who died has been identified as Reid Gates of Cedaredge.

Gates, along with Aaron Henrie and Tyler Cooper were airlifted to the Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children in Denver. Henrie remains in critical condition and Cooper is listed in good condition.

The boys attend Cedaredge High School. Their exact ages haven’t been released.

Doctors say the three somehow were exposed to the odorless, colorless gas overnight.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Denver

Enter To Win!
Weather App

Listen Live

AM/FM Stations

Featured Shows & Multimedia