DENVER (CBS4) – He disappeared six months ago and there has been no sign of Dylan Redwine since.
The then 13-year-old Dylan vanished without a trace shortly before last Thanksgiving. His mother and father have very different theories about what happened to him.
“Six months may mark the day Dylan went missing, but every day has been a struggle since Nov. 19,” Dylan’s mother Elaine Redwine said.
Elaine Redwine opened up about the search for her son to CBS4’s Nina Sporano.
“It’s the most horrible, horrific emotion and experience anyone has to go through,” Elaine Redwine said.
Dylan disappeared from his father’s home outside of Durango. Since then Elaine Redwine’s thoughts about what happened to him haven’t changed.
“My gut is and always has from the very beginning, I know that Dylan’s father knows a lot more about this than he’s letting us know,” she said.
Elaine Redwine says the couple’s messy divorce divided the family.
“I never thought that Mark would take it to this level and that he would do anything to hurt Dylan, but hind-sight is always 20/20 and you never know a person and you never know what a person is capable of,” she said.
Mark Redwine says family drama is hindering the search for their son.
“There was never ever any evidence to support anything in the way of kidnapping by anybody, but because my ex-wife planted that seed … these search warrants were all issued based on the words coming out of her mouth,” Mark Redwine said.
In a statement released to the media, Mark admits it’s possible someone may be holding his son captive but that police could be overlooking the obvious.
“I don’t think there’s any evidence to support the fact that it’s not a possibility that he could have run away,” Mark Redwine said.
Mark Redwine continues to say he’s not placing blame or saying investigators are doing a poor job, but simply saying there’s more to the case than meets the eye.
Both parents have vowed to keep searching for Dylan until he is found.