Maintenance Shop Catches Fire In Niwot
NIWOT, Colo. (CBS4)- Firefighters rushed to put out a fire that erupted inside a maintenance shop in Niwot on Friday afternoon.
Copter4 flew over the fire at 5:30 p.m. Friday where thick, black smoke was seen billowing up from the burning building.
The maintenance building is located at the Sombrero Ranch. That’s where horses are housed from horse ranches in the High Country and in and around Estes Park, Steamboat Springs and other mountain locations in the off season.
No horses were injured in the fire or in any danger during firefighting efforts.
The fire kept Niwot Road closed just west of U.S. Hwy. 287 while firefighters from Mountain View Fire Protection District worked to extinguish the fire.
Some propane tanks that were stored inside the burning building exploded and firefighters had to back off for a while until it was safe to resume firefighting efforts.
What sparked the fire is the subject of an investigation.