DURANGO, Colo. (AP) – Authorities went door-to-door Tuesday looking for clues into the whereabouts of a 13-year-old boy who disappeared while visiting his father in southwestern Colorado.
Durango police Lt. Ray Shupe said they’re asking residents if they’ve seen anything suspicious around the time that Dylan Redwine disappeared last week.
Dylan has been missing since Nov. 19 after arriving at his father’s house in Vallecito for a court-ordered visit during Thanksgiving break. He lives with his mother in Colorado Springs.
A two-day search of the Vallecito Reservoir turned up no sign of Dylan and authorities say they have run out of places to look. They still don’t know if there was a crime, an accident, or if the boy ran away.
Dylan’s mother, Elaine Redwine, said she fears Dylan’s father, Mark Redwine, may have had something to do with the disappearance, ABC News reported.
“If Dylan maybe did or said something that wasn’t what Mark wanted to hear, I’m just afraid of how Mark would have reacted,” she told ABC News.
Mark Redwine declined to discuss the search for Dylan in an interview with the Durango Herald.
“I know they’re looking for my son, but I’d prefer not to say anything,” Redwine said at the door of his house. “I prefer to let the investigators do their work.”
He did not answer a phone listed in his name Tuesday and no listing could be found for Elaine Redwine.
Mark Redwine told investigators Dylan was at his house when he left to do some errands at about 7:30 a.m. on Nov. 19. He said Dylan was gone when he returned to the house at about 11:30 a.m. He reported Dylan as missing a little before 5 p.m. that day after he was unable to find him during the afternoon.
La Plata County sheriff’s spokesman Dan Bender said Tuesday the FBI, police and other agencies are following up on tips, but so far there is no sign of the boy. He said authorities are following up on all angles.
“Foul play is definitely something we are looking at, but we’re hoping it’s a runaway case and that Dylan will show up and will be fine. Because we don’t have any clues that point in any particular direction, we have to consider every possibility,” Bender told ABC News.
Bender said authorities and search crews are on standby if any promising leads turn up, but he would not comment Tuesday on the possibility of foul play.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)