Judge Nixes Monoxide Suit Against Pitkin County

ASPEN, Colo. (AP) — A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit against Pitkin County and two building inspectors over the deaths of a Denver family of four who died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

According to the Aspen Daily News, U.S. District Judge William Martinez said Wednesday the people who sued failed to prove that the county and its building inspectors created the danger that led to the 2008 deaths of Caroline Lofgren, her husband, Parker, and their two children, Owen and Sophie

The county argued someone might have altered a boiler after Pitkin County officials issued a permit for an Aspen-area home where the family died.

A hearing on a criminal case is scheduled Thursday.

(© Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Denver

Marijuana In Colorado: Talking With Youth

Listen Live

AM/FM Stations

Featured Shows & Multimedia