AURORA, Colo. (CBS4) – A firefighter from Aurora remains in the hospital after an apartment roof collapsed on him Sunday morning.

Two firefighters were hurt when the roof fell on them at the Winridge apartments. One was treated and the other is in the hospital for observation.

The fire started in Eric Farrar’s apartment. He slept through the alarm. His neighbor, Raymond Garza, pounded on his door until Farrar got up.

“I’m grateful that somebody is alive today and that’s it. I think anybody in my position would do the same thing,” Garza said.

Firefighters believe a burning cigarette started the fire.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s