Deputies: 2 Die From Gas Leak In Fremont County
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) – Authorities say two people have died in a home west of Canon City as a result of a gas leak.
KRDO-TV reports the Fremont County Sheriff’s Office was called to a home in the Iron Mountain area of Copper Gulch at about 2 p.m. Tuesday. The bodies of a man and a woman, both about 60 years old, were discovered by a relative who went to check the home after not being able to contact the victims for several days.
No names have been released, and an initial investigation suggests that both died after their propane-powered refrigerator began to leak gas.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)