DENVER (CBS4)- Police in Denver teamed up with the ATF to arrest 16 suspects for alleged firearm or drug violations.
Included in the group are one juvenile and a federal fugitive. Investigators said the defendants belong to various gangs in Denver.
Those arrested based on grand jury indictments include:
- Gabriel Silva of Denver. Silva, 34, is charged with being a felon in possession of a firearm.
- Carl Peterson of Denver. Peterson, 47, is charged with being a felon in possession of a firearm.
- Curtis Alan David of Denver. David, 22, is charged with being a felon in possession of a firearm and possession of cocaine with intent to distribute.
The following seven people have been arrested: Rudolfo Dominguez, age 20, of Denver.
- Mheron Doage, age 20, of Denver
- Victor Amaro, age 20, of Denver
- Araceli DeLarosa-Quintana, age 38, of Denver
- Javier Ramos-Torres, age 30, of Denver
- Hector Toby Sifuentes, age 41, of Denver
The following four people were arrested for outstanding warrants:
- Martin DeLarosa, age 23, of Denver
- Esteban Castro, age 22, of Denver
- Ariel Randolph, age 19, of Denver
- Juan Lozano, age 18, of Denver
“Thanks to the hard work of all the agencies involved, 16 people who illegally use firearms or sell drugs have been apprehended and are now being prosecuted,” said U.S. Attorney John Walsh. “The streets of Denver will be safer as a result of this enforcement action.”