Woman Claims TSA Agents Took Her Insulin Before Boarding Flight

DENVER (CBS4) – The Transportation Security Administration has apologized to an Aurora woman after taking her insulin before she boarded a flight.

The incident happened at Denver International Airport on Thursday. The woman, who is six months pregnant, was getting ready to board a flight to Phoenix. She said she had traveled with her insulin before and never had a problem.

“Why is it that she was treated with such disrespect? Why is it that she was treated as if she did something wrong?” said the woman’s husband, Aaron Nieman.

Nieman’s wife, who didn’t want CBS4 to use her name, said the ice packs used to keep her insulin from spoiling drew the attention of the TSA.

“It alerted them that I was a threat for explosives,” the woman said. “Me and my husband traveled to Israel recently and I had double the amount and Israel gave us less of a hard time traveling than we had on American soil.”

The TSA said the investigation is continuing, but denies the woman’s claim that two of the four vials were missing when the screeners were finished with her.

“We talked to all of our people and they said they didn’t touch her insulin,” a TSA director told CBS4.

Nieman is upset that despite repeated emails and calls to the TSA nobody responded.

“I was in tears. You’re putting my unborn child at risk. I don’t think that’s right,” the woman said.

She was able to board the plane with her insulin after the screening.

RELATED STORY: Woman In TSA Groping Case Says She Feels ‘Targeted’

RELATED STORY: Undeclared Handgun Found In Checked Baggage At DIA

Comments

1. Therese Procter says:

The TSA are nothing more then paid thugs that don’t deserve neither a paycheck or a uniform, unless its one they wear behind bars, where they belong.

1. Fritz says:

Liars. The article even says she was able to board the plane with her insulin. Pity that people are too stupid to realize the TSA is here to protect us.

1. bob says:

your an idiot TSA is a bunch of reject theives that dont even quilifly to work as dog catchers

2. Yez says:

Bob,

What do you know about the background of TSA personnel?

2. Danny Ross says:

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. The uniformed thugs of the TSA are just looking to expand their realm.

1. jerry says:

The TSA people who never had any authority in their little, uneventful lives so they get a power trip threatening others. If you even ask a simple question they feel threatened and immediately tell you you can be detained for even speaking to them. You are right, these are Big Sis Napaliitano’s thugs.

3. J. Britzman says:

Take this lady’s insulin, but dont you dare profile a real terrorist. Rediculous!!

1. Smedley says:

Learn how to spell “ridiculous”.

1. Spanky says:

Learn where to put the end quote marks.

2. greg miller says:

Well Smedley…I see that you were bright enough to figure it out….you are just so special…

3. nobrainer says:

up yer arse

4. momsaid says:

You are both observant and precise. The ones ridiculing you for pointing out errors can go pound sand. Your close quote placement was correct.

–Grammar Queen (or ‘Nana Martha’ to the fortunate few)

5. uclalien says:

@momsaid
        Here in the United States, all periods or commas go inside quotation marks. There is no exception.

2. tiny hope says:

whats ridiculous is your spelling! This is the gestapo for all of you US residents. Get used to it.

1. DaveL says:

It’s not “whats.” It’s “What’s.” Also, “Gestapo” should be capitalized.

2. greg miller says:

Geez Davel….I think that you’re a moron or Moron…whatever!!!!

3. Spanky says:

We definitely wouldn’t want to offend the gestapo by not capitalizing their name.

3. Old Man says:

To Spanky. It is common practice outside the USA to put the period outside the quotation marks. The only time they should go inside the marks is when the words inside quotations are a complete sentence.

As someone who was in the printing industry in both Britain and Canada, we had to pay particular attention to this. Acceptable throughout the World. Not acceptable in the USA.

1. The Bruce says:

It’s little bits of trivia like this that interest me.

2. Vinnie says:

I’m unaware of any modern day convention that calls for the capitalization of the word “world,” Old Man, but I won’t object too strenuously. Thanks for the information that the United States is not part of the world. I was unaware of that, too.

You forgot to mention that we’re talking about typographers’ conventions and what looks “pretty,” not about what makes sense.

4. Bobba says:

You appear to have not paid much attention to what the article said. She did take the insulin with her on to the plane. Read the last sentence again. It makes me wonder why tyhis non-story was published. He her ice been a explosive and she had been a terrorist who knows what would have happened.

1. Mike D. says:

I read an article on this a couple of days ago that was slightly different. It said she had a bottle left that they missed during their search.

5. MartianWarrior says:

Welcome to “Change”

1. EarthWarrior says:

B/c these changes to TSA JUST happened in 08, rite? Get a grip, tool.

2. Ed says:

Actually, the TSA has ramped up things quite a bit since Bush left. Body scanners aplenty, revised patdowns where they use the fronts of the palms as opposed to the backs and go inside your waist band, frisks on little kids and baby diapers.

So yeah, all those changes HAVE happened since 2008.

3. Bruce McClarron says:

I’m waiting for the real CHANGE…. When we boot Odummer out of the W/House next November!!!

6. Dusty says:

lets see exploding ice, damn the whole artic circle should searched for this dangerous explosive. Israel, has their act together because the do profile for terrorist. This country bends over backwards not to offend anyone and guess who flew the planes into the world trade center. Not a pregnant woman or an eighty year old grandmother trying to fly from Florida to Detroit. NO…………it was a bunch of Camel Jockeys who should have not slip through our great security.

7. dusty says:

looks like Larry and Bobba need to get ther heads out of the rectum cavity. Sure you can fly, just wrap a towel around your head or speak spanish. I’m driving to Phoenix in November in a JAPANESE CAR & BURNING ARAB FUEL.

1. Ed says:

There’s actually a better chance that the fuel came from Canada, Mexico, Venzuela or from the US.

8. Richard Koch says:

LOL The real terrorist. I hope you mean our government with your reference to the real terrorist!

9. A. Levy says:

This is what happens when you take people from the welfare rolls, give them a uniform and authority, and make them “Federal agents”. And it’s all in done in the name of “diversity and affirmative action”.

4. John says:

Lets be honest. The people who work for the TSA are the same people who work at McDonald’s, but with more power. Really… Sometimes I’m stunned at how incredibly dumb they are.

1. alicat says:

I completely agree.

2. Barry Levy says:

let’s not demean those that work at McDonalds.

3. Michael says:

I think the people at McDonalds are actually more qualified than the TSA agents. TSA agents have ABSOLUTELY no common sense.

4. JImbo says:

TSA are McDonalds rejects

5. MM in NC says:

What happened to this woman is horrible. As someone who travels frequently with groups of people, I tell everyone that if they have a medication they need to keep it in the original container from the pharmacy and it is always a good idea to have a copy of the prescription to show TSA.
    I wonder if this young mother had any of those or just had the insulin i without the identifying information.

1. Robert says:

That’s the same mentality as “if you don’t have anything to hide why be afraid of the government snooping.” She shouldn’t have to show a thing. The idiots at TSA are morons who couldn’t tell a threat from a dirty diaper.

2. bill says:

Insulin vials are clearly marked. TSA screeners reject prescription copies or physician’s letters.

1. AMS says:

Not if the vials are shattered in an accident.

2. gphx says:

Excellent point. Some people don’t understand being deprived of insulin is as serious as being deprived of oxygen. And the threat of being deprived of insulin is as serious as the threat of having a gun placed to one’s temple.

3. Pattin Texas says:

She was neither deprived of insulin or oxygen, but feel free to twist the facts to make your case, everyone else is.

6. larry says:

it is so absurd to be so down on tsa. if you dont wanna be screaned dont fly. get a life! every time I’ve goitten on a plane in recent years i’ve had to submit to this stuff. some how complainers are soo tiresome.

1. Bobette says:

Hey Larry,

Ever been in a diabetic coma? Didn’t think so.

1. Tony says:

He has been in a stupidity coma since birth. Be nice to the handicapped.

2. Bobette says:

Larry,

BTW there are some places you can’t drive to…….Just sayin

1. Dr. Bob C says:

Hey; Bobette
        I’m 74, been taking insulin for 53 years. Never been in a diabetic coma. I have traveled extensively. Rules vary place to place and time to time. I agree with Larry.

2. Apparently, Dr. Bob agrees with restricting our freedoms and complying like sheep to an oppressive government agency. What a winner!

3. mkked says:

Dr Bob, you have never been in a diabetic coma? So, I guess that means that nobody has ever been in a dibetic coma. I mean, if you haven’t and you are old and flying for a long time… That is good news, that diabetic comas are a myth.

Simpleton

4. Dr Bob C says:

to mkked
        Diabetic comas are real and occur at very high blood glucose levels and cause brain damage. Most people are ignorant about Type 1 diabetes and think diabetic coma when they observe an insulin reaction. I have had many insulin reactions and still have a very high IQ. When I accidentally find myself without insulin, I reduce my carb intake until I buy some at any drugstore. I AM A CHRISTIAN CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN. I DO NOT WHINE.

5. PatInTexas says:

To Dr Bob C:

You are not a Doctor or a Type 1 diabetic. “I have had many insulin reactions and still have a very high IQ. When I accidentally find myself without insulin, I reduce my carb intake until I buy some at any drugstore.”

BS Dr Bob. If you were either of what you claim, you’d know better.

signed,
        Mom of Type 1 diabetic.

6. JohnJohn says:

Hey Doc Bob,
        You probably have never been pregnant either and had to deal with diabetes. READ the articlle before making igmo(ignorant moron) comments.

7. Dr. K says:

Some parts of what Dr. Bob said are right. I’m a doc too. If you can write your own script , there’s no problem “picking it up at the drugstore”.

The good doc must be a type II DM. “Classic” diabetic comas happen from hyperglycemia which is almost only seen type II. DKA (diabetic ketoacidosis) is seen almost only in type I can also result in loss of consciousness and death.

3. ron says:

Larry, come out of your mother’s basement and breathe some fresh air. Your brain is addled.

4. chuck s says:

So you are telling us that you are now asubject of the goverment and will do anything they say and that the people that complain are tiresome? You are a major part of the problem. Have the mentality of a MORON and won’t stick up for yourself. You depend on the governmnt to take care of you etc. You are the one that needs to get a life. Probably on the gov’t dole too.

5. freecheese says:

LIBERAL ! !

6. Freedom isn't free says:

Hey Larry, Baaaa, now be a good little sheep and go stand in line to be shorn. Don’t ask why just do as you are told.

7. konc1 says:

That’s because you are a sheep Larry and are willing to trade all of your freedom as long as the government takes care of you from cradle to grave.

8. BigBoa says:

That’s right. You TELL ’em!!

Except what about the fact that they’ve been doing the same to people riding the train, the bus and even private cars? What is it with you marxists that don’t understand. Once you give them an inch, they’ll take much, much more than a mile.

It is absolutely pitiful that people aren’t in more of an uproar. Thank God the founding of our nation didn’t depend on complacent people such as yourself.

9. Icarus says:

Hey, Larry

I can’t believe you just complained about “how some complainers are soo tiresome.”

Just because you are willing to take the increasingly abusive treatment of the TSA does not mean others share your opinion. Some of use believe it is appropriate to look for ways to combat this erosion of our supposedly constitutional rights.

Unless, of course you are with the TSA. Your spelling and grammar and lower-case letters would make you a typical TSA employee.

10. michael shaw says:

How many other things will I be forced not to do because the government wants to treat me like a terrorist? Today it’s flying. Tomorrow it will be trains, there have already been trials for that. What next, buses, my own car, bicycle? They have overstepped their bounds. Accepting it here means we will be accepting it wherever they feel it is “necessary” for so called security to restrict us.

I can’t walk past a preschool or retirement home because the government has led me to believe they could be terrorists. They must be hotbeds for home grown American terrorism since it seems they have been profiled as such. Add to the list people that need medication to live as well, apparently.

11. NotFondOfLibs says:

Hey Larry, get a clue you stupid jerk. Your mentality that a diabetic shouldn’t fly is beneath contempt. Do you take dumb pills or does your stupidity come natural.

12. Ken says:

Larry you are a mental midget. A rock has more IQ than you do. A severe lack of intelligence should be an automatic rejection for working at tsa. Insulin is marked as such. If there are any problems at all with the ladies child tsa should be held directly accountable as well as nappy and judasbama.

13. nickoury says:

Hey Larry, what’s it like to be “screaned”?

14. nickoury says:

And Larry, don’t be afraid to use a comma once in a while as well as capitalization.

15. BigDaddyDK says:

Hey Larry,

I live abroad and travel regularly. I don’t have that option. Nice that you do. I’m sure though that you have no problem with the further eroding of your individual liberties. I for one do have a problem with it. Here’s an idea: if you are too afraid to fly on a plane where people haven’t been searched without probable cause, don’t fly. Maybe it’s the cowards that should stay off the flights. Let the rest of us take care of ourselves.

16. Durgator says:

Given his inability to punctuate, spell or think I have to assume that “larry” is a TSA hack or works in the fast food industry.

17. Dave Turner says:

Larry – so are you sheep who believe the debacle that the TSA actually provide any security.

I was at the airport at San Francisco where I witnessed a car parked at the departure area with no one inside. I alerted the TSA agent who proceeded to do a perfect imitation of a deer in headlights and proceeded to do absolutely nothing at all.

Feel safer now?

18. Dave jones says:

Larry is the best example of a cowardly moron that I have ever seen

19. Mark Smith says:

Sure Larry…we have no right to expect protection from unreasonable search and seizure,do we? I’m sure you feel that what they are doing is REASONABLE, in the name of security,right? Thomas Jefferson (one of our founding fathers) said that those willing to give up their liberty in exchange for a little security deserved neither. Why should I be denied the priviledge of flying because I want to preserve my right to privacy? What’s next? Cavity searches to enter a restaurant? It’s a public place like an airplane or airport.Body frisking to enter the mall, it’s a public place. Do we have to submit to a strip search to enter the football stadium to watch our kids play? It’s the public risk that the TSA uses as their excuse to do this. Why just limit it to the airport,Larry. I for one will wear something comfortable, and easy to remove like a bathrobe, to facilitate my strip search the next time I face TSA,how bout you,Larry?

1. Pink Floyd says:

Actually, Benjamin Franklin said that, not Jefferson, but your point is well taken.

2. Barry says:

WELCOME TO NAZI GERMANY – AMERICA IS NOW A POLICE STATE! There’s the local Sheriff, the city police, the school police, the park police, the rapid transit police, the FBI, the state police, the highway patrol, the military police, the federal police, the secret service, and the Gestapo —- aka TSA!

3. KENYAN STEALS WHITE HOUSE says:

In Washington, they just keep raising the FRAUD-CEILING http://www.BirtherReport.com

20. The Bruce says:

In other words, Larry, you enjoy your police state, and you’re perfectly willing to trade other people’s freedoms for the illusion of security.

21. IraqVet says:

You can’t be that ignorant…no, actually I believe you can…history is full of victims just like you.

22. KC says:

Larry, TSA is such a waste of $billions. They herd travelers into a small area, get them in socks and various stages of undress to slow them down, then intrude on their privacy with no sense of intelligence to provide “security”, If you’ve traveled, then you know there is zero security from the parking lot to the xray machines…so anyone could get into the midst of hundreds of people and set off an explosive killing as many as an airplane, destroy a terminal, shut down travel–maybe across the US depending on the location. So really ALL TSA saves is a corporations metal tube. Terminate TSA, save money, get back to basics and add dogs and agents roaming terminals/parking and free up the folks to move faster through terminals and have less idle time.

1. PatInTexas says:

Can’t be dogs KC. Muslims don’t like dogs. Cabbies won’t pick up blind passengers with seeing-eye dogs. And that’s legal in NYC.

23. hattie says:

“goitten”? TSA employee?

24. Cynical says:

Larry, what’s absurd is the invasion of our privacy, violation of our 4th Admendment rights, by a bunch of incompetent thugs just in order to fly.
      And you know what, Larry? TSA has not caught one single solitary terrorist. Ever.

25. Barry says:

Larry tis better to have a big blo fly buzz up your sorry A** than suffer from a diabetic coma. You’re an idiot. The TSA agents probably thought they scored some drugs and stole half of them!

26. JM in San Diego CA says:

Look who’s attracted to a TSA job (besides lower-case larry):

Screeners are all people who are willing (eager?) to treat their fellow Americans like cr*p for money.

Sreeners are people who will steal from luggage and then lie about it.

TSA ought to be a four-letter word, ’cause that’s what think when I think about the TSA.

27. John Adams says:

LIberty is so bothersome isn’t it Larry. Better that the goernment should just lock everybody that is not a supporter of Big Brother inside a camp to be disposed of at their earliest convience. Larry is the height of ignorance. A terrorist can walk right through either TSA screening procedure with explosives hidden inside of his or her body anytime they want too. At least Larry will die secure in the knowledge that he was gang rap ed by the TSA before he meets his maker.

28. mkked says:

Well, Larry, your comment is similar to others I see in every TSA story. There are always a few who puff up the chest and tell us that they are tough enough to go through TSA screening, and it didn’t hurt a bit. And that we all need to toughen up.

The irony is that you are actually demonstrating great weakness. Sure, no little old scanner can hurt you, and TSA groping– bring it on.

But you are precisely the weak-willed follower that goes along with government jackboots as they impose their will on the rest of us.

History is replete with stories of people like you, who were all too happy to give up their freedom for a temporary feeling of security. They lost both, as it always ends that way.

29. Bumper Press says:

Yah, Larry, you are a goot fascist svine fer da homeland und a moron.

30. no says:

People like you frighten me. You have no value of your freedom and no concept of right from wrong. You’re one of those “why do you care about privacy, if you have nothing to hide?” morons. You sicken me. Also, learn to write. What are you, five?

31. H. Johnson says:

Hey Larry…can you say “Yes Massa’ ” I bet you can.

32. Tiapan says:

Hey Larry, Go stick up someplace the sun doesn’t shine.

33. Madog says:

well larry its absurd that tsa breaks the law every day and idiots like you thinks its ok.

34. MarkBench says:

Can anyone name the date of the last terrorist arrested by the TSA? Oh….no?

The TSA is merely one of several planks in the plan to tighten down control of the general public. Next up is an internal army for rounding up a dissenting populace.

35. master ace says:

as the shadow of a sand spook dances by. my dont they have some preteen girls ass to probe?

36. Richard Koch says:

You are absurd. These TSA screenings are a violation of the guaranteed 4th Amendment. Dissent is a valuable tool in a non-violent revolution.
      Absurd remarks and the willingness to give up your liberties are what I find tiresome.

37. disapointvet says:

Hey Larry, if you don’t want to have to think be a democrat. what an idiot. it’s not about driving or flying, its about the erosion of your rights as a citizen of the US. it’s about being so afraid to offend minority religions by profiling that you take away the majority’s rights.

38. Michael Boone says:

TSA is all about mandatory compliance with any and all government commands, no matter how stupid, or else. TSA doesn’t keep you safer, they keep you obedient. The TSA’s spoke mouth says that their agents acted professionally, yea right, as if TSA gets to make that judgement about themselves. Sorry TSA, the verdict is in and you people are clearly unskilled government workers who could not get a real job in the private sector. Because of your attitudes. Janet Nepolitano is just another stupid pervert, one of many in this failed administration. If you TSA supporters don’t understand how groping perverts with blue costumes and fake badges are violating your basic constitutional rights and protections, then you don’t deserve your freedom.

39. Robert says:

Hey, Liberal Larry, whacha gonna do when it’s your butt they come after with a vengence? Change we can believe in …… my ass.

40. gphx says:

That’s like telling women if they don’t want to be raped they shouldn’t walk down public streets.

7. danc676 says:

An agency that was ill concived under GWB has become BHO’s Civilian Defense League ie

8. alicat says:

Recently flew with my dad . He didn’t tell me that he packed shower gel in his carry-on and TSA confiscated it because it was over 3 oz. When we got to our destination I looked through his shaving bag-that was in his carry on- and a pair of scissors got through, not only 1 but 2 security screenings. TSA is a absolute joke. The reason the Israelis didn’t give her a hard time is because she doesn’t fit they profile that they use for terrorists. The TSA won’t profile and that is why all these stories are happening here in the USA. The US government doesn’t want to “offend” anyone and that is why the TSA system doesn’t work.

1. Brian says:

You DO know that scissors are not prohibited, right? Before you cast aspersions, maybe you should become better informed.

1. John says:

That WAS the point of the story, Brian. But I think you’ve missed it.

2. DaveL says:

Scissors ARE permitted if the blade length is 4 inches or less measured from the fulcrum to the tip.

2. tiny hope says:

The TSA is for the american public and so is the patriot act. wake up er stay asleep. Up 2 u, but the role out of some far more intrusive searches and non-lethal compliance tools are coming ourway. Peace is the only answer. Sit down and do not co-operate any longer.

1. Concernedcitizen says:

is your name Gladys?

3. I don’t think this has anything to do with “security.” Just operant conditioning for a police state infrastructure that screens for patriots who don’t take too kindly to being exploited.

1. JohnJohn says:

Correct. I feel much more secure on the open highway than submitting to government-sanctioned gang rape. Good point and has already been stated. Wake up people!

4. KC says:

Exactly, TSA and Gov’t figures if we offend everyone, then we offend no one. Except that they offended…duh, EVERYONE!

5. PatInTexas says:

The US government doesn’t want to “offend” anyone.

I disagree with the “anyone” part.

They carefully choose who they can offend and get away with it, and who they cannot, or will not.

Oh, gee that sounds like discrimination doesn’t it? Wups. MY BAD !!!

9. freecheese says:

Boy, am I proud that Big Sis is on the ball ! This American terrorist probably wasn’t pregnant, but had a pouch of plastic explosives planted in her womb! Thank you Big Sis, for being so vigilant.
    Why, though, did you let the turban-wearing Abdual Hussain just waltz through screening ?

1. dan says:

i am surprised they didnt do a C section to make sure it wasnt a bomb in the oven

10. bill says:

Not unusual behavior. I travel with an Insulin Pump, and for the last three or four months this automatically earns the full TSA massage.

The cooling packs, a necessity if traveling in hot weather, seem to draw automatic hostility from the TSA folks.

When headed out for a month long trip last summer I was grilled for about a half-hour at SMF as to why I needed more than one vial of Insulin, but at least I managed to hang on to all of it. It is obvious that more training is needed for the TSA screeners. You wind up in a bad position, because anything other than slavish obedience, such as a request for a supervisor, draws massive hostility.

1. Lori says:

Ah, yes, why do you need more than one more than one vial? You see, all TSA agents are automatically granted medical degrees under Obamacare as well. It’s in there somewhere.

1. Spanky says:

“all TSA agents are automatically granted medical degrees under Obamacare as well.”

They’re going to have to do battle with the American Postal Workers Union to be the group selected to provide medical services under Obamacare.

Think of how much money we could save if we got medical treatment at the USPS offices!

11. rmharper says:

Get the govt. out of airline security. It is in the best interest to let the airlines be in charge of security. We are a capitalistic society and we need to let the invisible hand remain in charge at the airports. Remember when the IRS took over the Mustang
    Ranch Brothel in Reno Nevada. Well they took a highly profitable operation and some how lost money trying to operate it. Go figure.

12. Bruce Michael Grant says:

What’s worse than these constant outrages is the fact that OTHER TSA personnel watch them happen and say NOTHING.

This is the same human dynamic which led to the Holocaust. Such people, becoming desensitized to indignity and humiliation of others, can gravitate terrifyingly fast to tolerating and participating in genuine evil.

13. Jaque Bauer says:

This is just another example of hoe the Obama Regime has created a Monster Gestapo out of Homeland Security. They answer to no one-that is if you believe Her’ Napalitano , also known as “Big Sis” is someone that knows what she is doing.
    Americans are being abused, irradiated, x-rayed, and molested in the name of national security, But show me one terrorist they have caught !

It is time to fire Obama and his gang of thugs that he has assigned to ruin your life. You have lost your job, your home, your savings, and so you use your last $500 to fly home to live with your parents. You never make it, because some creep with the TSA has singled you out for a “private interview” You are taken to a dark small room, and told to wait, The door has been locked so you cannot leave. After 24 hours you are still there, locked in and forgotten. Your bladder is about to explode, and there is nowhere to relieve yourself. Is this the America you grew up in ?

1. Brian says:

Wow, what the hell are you talking about? Lay down the crack pipe!

2. tiny hope says:

Absolutely bang on my friend!
      “Give up your liberty for security, you deserve neither”
      Stand up America and shout I’m as mad as hell and I’m not gonna take this anymore

3. Nexus2 says:

The TSA was created as part of the Aviation and Transportation Security Act, sponsored by Don Young in the United States House of Representatives[2] and Ernest Hollings in the Senate,[3] passed by the 107th U.S. Congress, and signed into law by President George W. Bush on November 19, 2001. Originally part of the United States Department of Transportation, the TSA was moved to the Department of Homeland Security on March 25, 2003

Rather than blast Obama for the TSA and the current economic crisis, you should get your facts straight and recognize that everything you are blaming on Obama is actually the result of George W Bush.

1. Doug says:

It’s 2011. Obama’s had the reigns for a while, and he doubled-down on crazy.

–Disclaimer: I hated the concept of TSA back in 01. But, at least in 01, they didn’t wield the ability to ruin your day as much as they do now.

14. Ron says:

These yahoos at TSA couldn’t get another job. They’re part of Obamamamama’s job program. Well it may keep them from joining with the rest of their kind in rioting and rushing supermarkets, stealing and plundering as they go. There’s a lot more of this thuggery to follow. Mark my words.

15. John says:

I carry insulin on the plane. I don’t think you really need to carry ice packs with it. I just refrigerate it when I get where I’m going. Never have had a problem with it spoiling. The TSA agents I’ve run across have all been very professional and in fact some of them are very nice.

1. TexanPatriot says:

John: TSA Employee out here posting contrarian stories.

DID you know that TSA has a whole section of people…working with Blogger Bob who spend all day posting nice flowery propaganda about how GOOD the TSA is?

Wonder how Blogger Bob….(AKA Baghdad Bob) will phrase this one….Geez, I wonder how that guy can SLEEP at night. Then again…the Gestapo agents were perfectly happy in their jobs too.

1. Spanky says:

I can tell you should be sent to an Obama Re-Education Camp immediately!

I’ve been a couple of times and they’re really not that bad, once you learn how to deal with the waterboarding.

Just remember to bow towards Washington DC five times a day and chant “Obama Akbar! Obama Akbar! Obama Akbar!”

2. IraqVet says:

I’ve seen Blogger Bob’s (aka Baghdad Bob, Uber Goebbles) handy work…what’s really disgusting is his bio in which he claims to have been in the military…obviously his oath to protect and defend the Constitution didn’t make the transition into civilian life. What rational man can stand by and whatch their loved ones get molested by government thugs?

2. Bob O'Bobobob says:

Insulin does not need to be refrigerated, except for storage before the vial or pen is placed into use. Once it is placed into use, it is good to go at room temperatures for 28 days, after which time it should be discarded..

1. gphx says:

Right. Room temperature. She was heading to Phoenix in summer when it’s frequently 115 degrees. Once when I was in Phoenix the air temp was 125. The temp on the tarmac or in the cargo hold of a delayed plane would be much, much higher.

3. Talitha says:

Yeah, well, you are not and have never been a pregnant lady. This lady cannot afford for her insulin to spoil; she’s taking care of not just (or mainly) herself. She’s taking care of her child, too, for crying out loud. What I suspect, too, is that the TSA saw the opportunity for a “two-fer” with her. If this is not clear, google Jeffrey Lovitky and Delta Airlines…

4. JM in San Diego says:

Stop sticking up for the TSA. Just sounds stupid when everybody else hates them.

5. BSG78 says:

And what is your position with TSA?

16. Steve says:

The biggest mistake they made with the TSA was allowing them to unionize. As with all unions, they have no accountability, so you get a bunch of unprofessional yahoos who do and say what they want without fear of ever being punished.

1. Spanky says:

…but if the TSA wasn’t unionized, they’d have children doing the job 14 hours per day 7 days per week! (according to union propaganda)

1. poppie_1215 says:

True, but children would do a better job

2. no says:

Ignorant.

The unions are the ones wanting to perform these actions. The TSA is a tool of the administration it serves and get their directives from there. The TSA union (the federal workers union, actually) wants things like a proper study of the danger of the full body scanners to be conducted and the right for TSA employees to be allowed to wear dosimeters when working around these machines. The government stands in the way of this request and basically tells them to shut up and follow orders.

Unions or not, the government would be forcing the same actions.

1. Yez says:

“no” What type of dosimeter would you suggest?

17. me says:

Here’s my suggestion…Don’t fly. That’s not a trite answer. It’s the only way you are going to get the airports and airlines to reject this kind of BS on their property. Once they start feeling the pinch of few passengers, they can only raise the price so much to make up the difference before even fewer will fly. They are in it to make money, so take your money elsewhere.

1. TexanPatriot says:

GET THAT AIRLINES….? ONLY YOU can put the pressure on the government to get rid of this terrorist monstrocity.

1. Rick O'Shea says:

You and me both. brother. I’ve flown all over the world but will never sit in another airliner if going through this BS means I can fly. Dogs can do the job better than any pat down or so called harmless x-rays..

2. patintexas says:

Me too. If we can’t drive there, we won’t go. I refuse molestation, even under government order, so I guess airports are off limits for me and my three kids.

2. Spanky says:

“It’s the only way you are going to get the airports and airlines to reject this kind of BS on their property.”

The problem is that since Obama wants to destroy the country, by not flying, we are going along with his plan.

3. Myself says:

This is a good idea…except it won’t work. I refuse to watch the garbage they put on tv these days. Last time I checked, they’re still running the same garbage whether I watch or not.

18. Mose' says:

Wait until TSA stupidity causes a death. Then the outcry might be heard.

1. Spanky says:

They’ll blame it on Bush or someone else.

19. DHC says:

Oh I see. The TSA agents said they didn’t take her insulin, so that settles it — because a TSA agent would never lie. If the tables were turned, Federal thugs would break down doors with weapons drawn — on a simple suspicion that a civilian was guilty of a crime — but since the alleged guilty person is a TSA agent, they are absolved by their own words of “um, no, I didn’t steal her stuff”.

20. bill says:

if you use Byettta it has to be kept ool with ice packs. Thats why we are driving to our daughter’s Key West wedding rather than flying, The TSA screeners are the same morons they had before 911 they just turned them int a protected class of govt employees and let them continue their ineffective lazy screening procetdures but with even more of a sense of power.

1. PatiInTexas says:

Bill – we weren’t being felt up at airports until recently. Do NOT lay this on 9/11. Only if you triggered an “alert” were you patted down or wanded, like the alarm on the metal detector.

But these mandatory “patdowns” and checking the elderly’s Depends DID NOT happen until around late 2008, early 2009.

21. Tom Jefferson says:

Revolt America Revolt!!

22. Bill Fisher says:

TSA obviously confiscated her insulin and inexplicably apologized since they later denied taking it. This has been the normal business as usual for TSA, gross inconsistencies due to a lack of training and mismanagement with their excuse being that this is somehow part of their security strategy. They won’t be satisfied until a passenger dies as a result of TSA ignorance and arrogance.

It has become so obvious to anyone who travels more than once a year that this agency is composed of misfits and criminals and left unsupervised by indifferent and incompetent managers. Pistole has proven completely incapable of managing this problematic agency and admitted this week on USA Today that there are rampant abuses of passengers by his staff but that he problem isn’t bad enough yet for him to take action.

If TSA actually provided security instead of theater people might be inclined to support them. As is stands TSA is the most hated agency in government and the majority of travelers want them to be reformed or abolished.

Since December there have been 40 screeners arrested for crimes ranging from rape and child pornography to drug trafficking and theft from bags. In the same period there have been 39 security breaches or test failures, dozens of lawsuits and thousands of groping and abuse complaints. Most recently the pat down of a six year old girl and removal of a dying woman’s diaper made headlines.

This agency is violating passenger rights on a daily basis, committing crimes and endangering airline security with their incompetence. Avoid air travel and complain to the airlines and elected officials before the situation worsens further.

23. Osamas Pajamas says:

Scroooooooo the moo-slums! Discriminate against them — not against Americans.

1. no says:

You are an idiot. You do realize that “muslims” are not a nationality, right? They’re a religion. It’s like saying “descriminate against christians; not Americans!”. There are muslim Americans and Christian Americans. There are even *gasp* atheist Americans. You are a vile idiot and it sickens me that you are a citizen of my country. A country where freedom is valued above all else.

1. BSG78 says:

No, you are an idiot, and you and yours are what has ruined America. Islam is more than a religion, it is a political ideology and has no place in American society. Nothing about Islam is compatible with democracy. If they want to practice this vile “religion” then they should keep it to themselves.

24. Osamas Pajamas says:

Who protects us from our protectors? Deliver us from saviors.

25. truthmatters says:

TSA = GESTAPO ON AMERICAN SOIL.

26. Mark says:

I am amazed all you people are biting off on this….do you really think they stole half her Insulin? This isn’t that big a deal and I am amazed at how big a deal this is…

1. Spanky says:

You obviously don’t know any diabetics, especially those who are seriously affected by the disease.

Do you honestly think she’s lying about her insulin being missing?

2. TexanPatriot IHATE TSA says:

Not a big deal? TWO of four vials are missing? How know just how much that stuff COSTS? $136 and up…If you LOSE it your insurance company will say, you’re out of luck, we paid up already…so the replacements are OUT OF YOUR POCKET. So this woman has to fork over $270 some bucks (or more, depending on the brand and vial size) And Mark, you think this is a small deal? Yes I really DO think they stole half of her insulin. Maybe they have a relative..maybe they were going to sell it on Ebay, people do that stuff. Or maybe they were PUNISHING her because she was throwing a fit about the process…which is what I think, they’ll find them at the bottom of the trash can liner…because an agent RETALIATED against this woman because she COMPLAINED! And TSA AGENTS have done that to my daughter-in-law…..of course TSA denies it, but it’s their POLICY to show the sheep who is BOSS!

1. Bobba says:

I do not hate them. I think they are trying to do their job and so far we have not had any further deaths since 911 thanks in large part to them. I do think that people like to find things to hate just to hate as you do. Here is what I wrote above:You appear to have not paid much attention to what the article said. She did take the insulin with her on to the plane. Read the last sentence again. It makes me wonder why this non-story was published. Had her un-needed ice been an explosive and she had been a terrorist who knows what would have happened. Her statement that her unborn child is at risk is just not true…she took the stuff (probably all 4 vials, but certainly 2) on board with her. So, hwe phoney baloney claim causes me to disbelieve that anything was missing.

2. Yez says:

These type stories always amaze me. They create comment sections filled with the same repetitive vitriolic chants as seen in any TSA piece. That leads me to believe there is probably an organized group behind these situations who want to discredit (or depose) the TSA at every opportunity – real or fabricated.

The press however, never seems to catch on, anymore than the “Bababooey” nonsense of Howard Stern fame. They simply parrot the accusations quickly, adding it to their web sites, then citing the plethora of commentary as something like “The public is outraged by the recent event”.

I understand activist and how their objectives and drive get in the way of using logic to evaluate situations. They frequently twist the facts or talk in the abstract to make their case. As a result, rational thought does not prevail when they ramp up their own excitement and belief that they speak for the will of the people. They’re not elected and not representing the majority, they just find a method and venue to make their point heard in hopes that the weak minded will not see through their pablum and swallow the story whole as the truth. Even better, joining in the fray, adding additional confusion to the situation – much like mass hysteria.

In this situation, it’s obvious there’s an outlandish claim over the fact a lady had her insulin confiscated, when in fact, the real story is clearly reported that her ice packs used to insulate the insulin (which were apparently beyond the 3oz limit) lead the TSA to do their job and inspect/confiscate the material. Since this is something the TSA is looking for, what’s the story? And since she did get to take her insulin with her on the plane, what’s the story? What’s the outrage? Why write this story? I am certain TSA confiscate a bundle of restricted materials daily (carried by numbskulls who can’t read, choose not to read, or hope to get away with taking restricted materials), which makes this a non-story. I’d be more interested in reading about the volume of materials confiscated. Because that would speak to the stupidity/ignorance of the common traveler. The same travelers who are making accusations against the people who do their jobs every day (TSA) and who are closely supervised and under surveillance themselves.

No harm, no foul. Follow the simple rules that most anyone can understand and follow them in exchange for safer air travel. If you don’t like the rules, then drive, take a bus, walk…whatever, read the comments, there’s always someone in these rants that claims they’ll never fly again until blah, blah, blah, because they were once accosted or blah, blah, blah and all they are frequent fliers, a pilot, a flight attendant, or blah, blah, blah (whatever they can think of that lends an air of respect/credentials to their argument).

Bottom line – the system works.

Oh ye of little common sense – please respond with an elegant retort.

3. Walter says:

Just another TSA shill!

4. H. Johnson says:

Well “Yez”… you are half way there, just practice saying “Yez Boss” to Napolitano’s gestapo and you’ll be thought of as a good little subject.

5. Yez says:

Well, I’d give you an D for your effort, because it’s about as boorish as the rest of the nonsense you guys put out.

6. Yez says:

Walter – Shame, shame shame on you.

Actually, I AM a retired fed, but never worked for Homeland Security or the TSA. So give it another try Nancy and this time, try to use whole sentences like a big boy.

7. no says:

You are an idiot. You sicken me. You are the type of person who says the fourth amendment is worthless, because “hey, if you have nothing to hide, why do you care about privacy?”.

People like you don’t care what is going on around them or how their country is undermining the very foundation of our society that has helped us thrive for so long, because you buy into the “you have to give up some liberty to be safe!” and “better safe than sorry!” rhetoric. People like you are happy to let your government intrude at any level and to any depth, just as long as you can still drive your mini-van, squirt out your disgusting offspring, and buy a lattee, and worship your stupid magic sky-god.

This is a free country. You are allowed to move about as you please if you are a citizen. You are not required to “show your papers” and you are an ignorant tool if you think that it’s acceptable to simply say “hey, if you don’t like it, go F yourself and walk there”.

Seriously. You SICKEN me. People like you are what is wrong with this country.

8. Yez says:

“You are an idiot.” You have no idea who I am numbskull. You may hate my opinion, but I’m entitled regardless of whether you agree.
        “You sicken me.” Like your hatred is adorable?
        “You are the type of person who says the fourth amendment is worthless, because “hey, if you have nothing to hide, why do you care about privacy?”.
        You put words in people’s mouths to make them out to be something they’re not. We weren’t discussing the fourth amendment, nor do you have a clue how I actually feel about it, nor is it relevant.
        “People like you don’t care what is going on around them…” I care that people like you with a dime store computer have the ability to rant and rave with no semblance of intellect, but every indication of hatefulness and violence – love your ideas or else. Hmmm.
        “…or how their country is undermining the very foundation of our society that has helped us thrive for so long…” Our business leaders have undermined this country far greater than our “country” (by which I assume you mean government – otherwise, please advise). We still thrive as a great nation, full of more wealth and capability in comparison to the rest of the world than you have actually experienced or maybe even be aware of.
        “…because you buy into the “you have to give up some liberty to be safe!” and “better safe than sorry!” rhetoric. What’s your alternative? We remove all safety precautions? That’s not a plan, that’s just plain ignorance of the situation.
        “People like you…” There you go again with the generalities, abstract thoughts, and twisted logic.
        “…are happy to let your government intrude at any level and to any depth…” I’m retired Fed who spent a career overseas protecting our government. You really need to buy a vowel on who the bad guys really are.
        “…just as long as you can still drive your mini-van…” Don’t own one, have a 12 year old Toyota Camry – 80K miles…still runs pretty good.
        “…squirt out your disgusting offspring…” Sad attempt at an insult, you’ll probably be working for my offspring someday.
        “…and buy a lattee…” Don’t buy or drink lattee, I occasionally have a coffee latte, but I make it myself at home.
        “…and worship your stupid magic sky-god…” I don’t know what that means.
        “This is a free country…” Right, I pay a boat load of taxes, but then I guess if you’re one of the freeloaders who thinks others should pay your way, I understand your point of view, I just don’t agree.
        “…You are allowed to move about as you please if you are a citizen…” I have never been restricted in my movement. Well, cept in some of the more “dangerous” locations, where my movement was restricted for a reason – more of that stupid government control that kept me alive all these years.
        “… You are not required to “show your papers”…” Really, what about a cashier asking for your ID along with your credit card or when you cash a check. A Policeman at a road stop, a passport when entering/leaving the country… Where do you live, I wanna visit and see this utopia you talk about.
        “…and you are an ignorant tool if you think that it’s acceptable to simply say “hey, if you don’t like it, go F yourself and walk there”. I didn’t say that numbskull, I said there is always some lid like you that will say it for us. For example:
        “TexanPatriot
        I REFUSE to fly. I’m driving to Atlanta next month…I will not step foot in an airport, period. Not even if there’s a death in the family, so I’ll just miss the funeral. But, I WILL NOT FLY as long as TSA’s reign of terror continues.”
        “…Seriously. You SICKEN me. People like you are what is wrong with this country….” Yes, I imagine I sicken you, because like a teenage wanting to drive his Dad’s car to a party, you reason that I’m the one who isn’t thinking straight, that any of your colleagues would agree with your logic.
        The problem is, you read my whole note, you didn’t take time to consider the message but you took the time and energy to write a reply. But, I asked for an elegant retort, not a grade school rant on various subjects that no relevance to the discussion.
        Other than the group of you on here who gang up on every post that doesn’t tear down or provide some ridicule of our system of government, you all seem bent on forcing your opinions on others. Give it another try if you want me to belittle your ignorant diatribe in public again, I can do this all day and it doesn’t wear me out or anger me like it apparently does you.

9. PatInTexas says:

all day ? wow. And if a pregnant woman being frightened into capitulation by bullies about a medication she needs for her unborn doesn’t tick you off, I guess that speaks volumes about you. The legal medications American citizens carry on board a commercial flight is none of the government’s business. That’s between me and my doctor.

You know, like abortion. Support that too I’d wager. Right to privacy and all.

TSA screenings like these are a recent development. Why now? The underwear bomber? Right.

TSA hasn’t stopped a single terrorist ever.

10. Bobba says:

I do not hate them. I think they are trying to do their job and so far we have not had any further deaths since 911 thanks in large part to them. I do think that people like to find things to hate just to hate as you do. Her statement that her unborn child is at risk is just not true…she took the stuff (probably all 4 vials, but certainly 2) on board with her. So, her phoney baloney hysterical claim causes me to disbelieve that anything was missing.

27. DAVE IN HOUSTON says:

TSA is just a preview of the Nazism that is going to come. This administration will parallel Hitler’s and be morally equivalent.

1. TexanPatriot I HATE TSA says:

Honestly…I would say WORSE….
      At least the Nazis had the Aryanism thing, the doing this for that nation patriotism (however misguided… and believed they were doing the “right” thing according to their leader).
      This is even WORSE, if that’s possible.
      What we are seeing are the worst practices of banana republics….before long, you’ll have to BRIBE them to make it through without being stolen from. Imagine slipping the screener a 50 to avoid losing your laptop, or a 20 to avoid getting a hand on your genitals.

1. Clark Nova says:

Many banana republics, like Costa Rica, have single payer health care plans providing far better care than we get at a fraction of the price, so don’t go bad mouthing banana republics.

28. Paul says:

If we listened to Archie Bunker, those two towers would still be standing, and we wouldn’t need all this TSA intimidation. In season 3, episode 1, he went on TV in an editorial reply. This was back when TV stations served the public interest. Anyway, Archie said the way to stop the hijackings (to Cuba back then) was to arm all the passengers. That way if someone gets up to try something, they’re not going to get very far.
    There may have been some accidents in all those years, but imagine the thousands of lives and trillions of dollars that would have been saved. Hero Flight 93 proved that We the People are the true first responders.

1. Clark Nova says:

Flight 93 blew up in the air after being rocketed by an Air National Guard F-16. You don’t get debris fields 5 miles across on both sides of a mountain by crashing into the ground. And yes, the so-called cell phone call was a fabrication. Way too far from a cell tower to communicate from inside of an aluminum aircraft. To this day the family of the guy that supposedly made the call hasn’t been allowed to hear the recording.

29. kimdi01 says:

She had less problems travelling to and from Israel than she did through Denver because Israel hires intelligent people while in the US the only thing the people at TSA care about is a union.

30. Brewster says:

They are unmitigated fools, closet communists, haters of all that is good. Well maybe that’s a little harsh. Ok their a bunch of empty headed government employees with limited training. It’s a wonder they didn’t cut the baby out, hell it might have been a bomb!

1. Clark Nova says:

Don’t give them any ideas.

31. Clark Nova says:

Of course the TSA agents stole the insulin. The last three times I’ve flown TSA cut the locks off of my luggage and stole whatever they liked. There’s no adult oversight of these Wal-Mart dropouts.

32. Howard says:

Am I the only on ewho read this at the end of the article: “She was able to board the plane with her insulin after the screening.” So, really, folks, what is this article about? She was screened and was allowed to keep her insulin. WHere is the news here?

33. Ken says:

Y’all really should show more respect, and get Big Sis’ name right. It’s Janet Napoleon-o. Or is it Janet Mussolini? Heck, I guess I ought to get her name right! That’s it! It’s Janet Waco Renopolitano!

34. Paul says:

Does anyone realize who these folks in “TSA” are? And the Dems want to UNIONIZE these idiots. Pay them more? Get more Dem Votes?

Please

35. BigBoa says:

Whine and moan, but don’t anybody DO anything. Just continue to trade away your freedom for a gubmint check. Don’t dare anger or upset the powers that be.

36. Clark Nova says:

In 9 years, TSA has yet to catch a single ‘terrorist’. It’s all just security theater to get us used to losing our 4th amendment rights.

37. ss12 says:

You can be a TSA Agent without a high school education, but a GED is accepted. Is that correct?

38. Obama bin Marxist says:

Obama might have needed it for a refreshment on his Camp David vacation this weekend.

39. Lee Brewer says:

Damn TSA idiots, bet Walmart glad they gone.

40. Oren says:

Recently flew out of this place. TSA came through and did profiling, but conspicuously avoided talking to the 3 arab looking men in the line, just the white guys. It’s a joke, they haven’t found or stopped anything and neve will. They missed the NIgerian guy that flew without a ticket.

41. Traveling Bill says:

I don’t believe a word the Transportation Stupidity malAdministration says. I had a piece of professional equipment damaged in a bag where they left their paper saying the bag was opened and checked. When I went through their claim form, it was all about trying to find a way for them to blame the airline or finding a way to claim the equipment was too delicate or not packed right. BS! Of course their aparatchik denied the appeal. And yes I complained to elected officials. Bottom line as far as I am concerned, and I am concerned, is until they ditch the rubes, or educate them in proper profiling, the TSA is an utter waste of our money.

42. L Brewer says:

Damn TSA idiots, bet Walmart glad they gone.

43. hogtrashhd says:

diagnosis: she’s white.. only old white people, white babies and good looking white women are put through the most stringent screenings.. every and I mean every time this comes up I can say it’s one of the above being disrespected… every time

44. Dan Stetson says:

This morning I was flying from St Louis to Minneapolis. The security line, while moving quickly, extended out past the ropes by about fifty people. While I was still towards the back of the line a saw an old man, a double-amputee, wheeled past the lines to the front. By the time I got through and was putting my shoes back on the old man was at the end of another conveyor with a T-SA storm trooper putting through the mill. Making him raise up so SA-Trooper could feel inside his waistband,under his seat, wiping down everything the guy had testing for explosives. Outrageous! Poor guy probably lost his legs in Korea or Vietnam, and then to see the country he defended turned into. . . Oceania! [Dave, read “1984” before you tell me Oceania is an island in the Pacific.] I tried to take a picture but my phone had died. Pray to God we get a President in 2012 who will put a stop these attacks on our Constitution and our freedoms.

45. Josey says:

TSA: Another problem that Obama has failed to rectify. The guy should be given two choices: Quit or be impeached.

46. Thickhead says:

Colorado is more peculiar with regard to TSA practices than any other state in the nation. And policies, believe it or not, are regional.

As an example, look into the background of the TSA head in Colorado Springs – Dennis Portlance.

47. Robert S. says:

It all boils down to “training”, and TSA does not train, except with “ON the job training”, and a few films, along with verbal “MONKEY SEE, monkey do”! If you hire a moron, and the starting wage attracts some low IQ people, this will happen! Have seen a lot of TSA agents fearful of “write-ups”, so they “overtry”, just to stay in good with their supervisors. This is a big problem on lower wage jobs, but training is the key, and they have “misplaced” the key. This women could have had serious complecations, derived from “complete stupidity”, so TRAIN YOUR AGENTS, before placing them on the floor!

48. Robert S. says:

I bet they “freekout” when they see a bd syringe(28 gauge) too! What idiots! Never mind a bottle of novalog 70/30!

49. IraqVet says:

I refuse to take my daughter flying, I prefer to choose the turf upon which I deal with TSSA…however, I always tell my teenage daughter that should she find herself forced to fly…she can always reject the back scanner, and scream if they touch her…and if necessay I will bail her out.
    If this was truly a free country this would not be happening…yet is amazing to see people post in favor of the TSSA…what cowards they are.

50. The Bruce says:

Well, I’m sure that if their people say they didn’t steal it, it must be so, right? I wonder what the street value of insulin is.

51. Robert S. says:

The Isralies dont have a problem with “profileing”, so why would we here in the States! “Profileing gets excellent results”, but we here in this country are afraid to offend, so we are missing the boat on how to protect our country. Something is wrong when a inocent child is treated like a 3 time felon, and it really makes me feel sad for the child, and general public to be treated like they have done something wrong every time the fly. This is “INSANE”!

52. Michael says:

Think this is bad? Wait until the TSA unionizes and they learn that it will take an act of congress to fire them.

53. Rocco Henderson says:

It used to be that we reacted when something actually did happen. Now we react on the basis of someone’s sick imagination of something that happens only in their minds. The price we pay is loss of freedom.

54. longun45 says:

TSA has been operating with such fly by the seat of your pants rules and fleecing the traveling public for years. Theft is endemic and stupidity is the norm. Don’t fly. Keeping your valuables and drugs with you is not going to work as things go missing through the scanner.

55. AMS says:

My daughter was in an horrific car accident. The physicians decided to give her “organic insulin”, when her diabetic bracelet specifically said “Type 1 diabetes- only use “natural insulin”. I was at the hospital and reinforced the order for “natural insulin”. The physicians did not pay attention to the diabetic bracelet or my instructions, despite the fact that we have excellent insurance. It was not until my daughter went into an extreme diabetic coma that the appropriate physicians and insulin were brought in and she survived.
    Since I have worked with the TSA, as an outside contractor, I have advised my daughter to carry a prescription, from her physician, when she travels.
    anywhere. Natural insulin is not inexpensive and every shot is critical.

56. Fanny Forbes Franklen says:

“A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.” ~ Will Durant

————- http://911essentials.com

57. Yez says:

“Why is it she was treated with disrespect…” Why is it Americans think being questioned, they’re being treated with disrespect?

“Struggling to get over the ordeal…” Americans are such wimps, the slightest variant from their daily routine seems to threaten their tiny bubble of entitlement. Go home, lock yourself in your home and be feel safe. Otherwise, join the rest of the world in the reality that life is not always what you may want.

58. dondient says:

TSA’s own internet instructions say that we diabetics can travel with as much medication, syringes, etc as WE deem necessary as well as ” any and all equipment” that we need WITHOUT limitation as to amount of any such item.

59. Lipstick says:

The only people I know who are on public assistance get just about enough help to maybe live and share bills with 2 other people. In my opinion these people are bought real cheap.

60. Solid Citizen says:

I wonder if the missing vials were listed on Ebay?

Quo warranto, B.O.?

61. muslimsarevermin says:

bet that stinking muslim in the filthy nightshirt screaming kill the infidels walked right through security…..

62. Kent says:

No one is working their way through medical school working with the TSA. I think you have to PROVE you’re a moron to get a job with them.

63. H. Johnson says:

That moron Napolitano and her group of idiot thugs strikes again. Between these morons and Holder selling guns to Mexican gangs so they can murder US Border agents with Obama’s knowledge, you have to wonder when the USA became a criminal enterprise.

64. Bilbo says:

Who lives next door to these goons? Or are they on furlough from the state pen? Everyone should shun TSA employees in their own neighborhoods where they live.

65. sorrydenver says:

Sorry, but reading all this discourse in the comments section doesn’t give me a very high regard for Denver’s population regarding political matters.

The insightful comments are few and far between…

66. Sam Vaughn says:

I was treated like a criminal at the Atlanta Airport yesterday. Desptie the fact that I was wearing shorts and an open collar t-shirt I was pulled out of the line and forced to go through the naked body scanner and then frisked. I’m a middle-aged caucasion business-man. During body scan the TSA agent asked me if I had anything in my pockets, I had removed everything but my wallet and thought he referred to keys and change. I said no and when he frisked me, he found my wallet and hostilely interogated me on why I lied to him. I said I simply forgot and was quite flustered being frisked and interogated in front of several hundred people. I was forced to stand in one spot and threatened when I attempt to inspect my luggage as it was sitting unattended with my laptop and iPhone and belongings. The hostility was harsh, degrading and left me with no dignity whatsoever. We’ve turned into a police state a regular guy like myself can be singled out and treated so harshly with no probable cause whatsoever.

1. Sam Wan says:

Such a delicate flower. Man up buddy, it wasn’t that bad.

You had a senior moment and “forgot”, how is that TSA’s fault? Business-man? Oh how I wanna do business with you if you get flustered by a TSA agent doing what’s expected, I’m guessing I’ll get a good deal on whatever it is you do as a business-man. “Harsh, degrading, and left me with no dignity whatsoever.” I feel for you buddy, that’s the saddest story I ever told, bet you don’t tell that to your buddies at work though, huh.

1. Sam Vaughn says:

Sorry pal, I don’t enjoy having my genitals fondled. I guess you do.

2. Sam Vaughn says:

Here’s one for ya. eff off a$$O.

3. Talitha says:

Sam Wan: My comment was trenchant, eloquent and insightful. It had a beginning, a middle and an end. I summed up the argument beautifully and suggested a perfect solution for those who are not offended by TSA assaults. I’ve had a 30-year career in writing, among other legal docs, appellate briefs, including those before a state Supreme Court. While I concede that some things I write may be “shallow,” I think I know “shallow” – and I would not subject the best minds here to it. You’re welcome.

4. Sam Wan says:

Talitha: Congrats on your career. Impressive. I just comment for the fun of expressing my opinion in a free society, even though I have none of the writing credentials you’ve listed.

However, I will not concede you summed up the argument beautifully. You also made far too many assumptions of others based on the very little knowledge you learn of them in a short comment they post.

But writing skills aside, shallow is as shallow does. As such, your declaration that someone’s support for this country’s transportation system is setting the stage for the “Third Reich-Part Deux” is a baseless proposition. Perhaps, we’re just not as paranoid as others, but you’ll never really know based on the small snippets we exchange.

And finally, your solution “…find somewhere to emigrate to.” just because we have a difference of opinion? Well I could agree with your suggestion, but I would have a different perspective on who does the emigrating.

2. Sam Wan Hill says:

You are a hoot. Why is it all of you who complain about “the system” on here, have such a hard time discussing the issues w/o denigrating others with vulgar insults just because they don’t agree with your comments?

1. Talitha says:

I don’t denigrate anyone. I just think that anyone who can countenance this country’s public transportation systems becoming a small but real stage for the “Third Reich-Part Deux” is an enemy of all of the freedoms that our Constitution, Bill of Rights and Declaration of Independence guarantee us. What we’re discussing and disagreeing about is the right to be free in our persons and not to be violated without probable cause. Anyone who can’t see the sense in this and in not putting pregnant American women through this kind of ordeal should probably find somewhere to emigrate to.

2. Sam Wan Hill says:

Talitha – More of the same – if you don’t agree with me, move on. Brilliant commentary, though very shallow as is the rest of your comment. BUT, thanks for commenting.

67. john says:

A PREGNANT woman, no less, too.

Heil Obama. Heil TSA.

68. John Smith says:

It was becaause theybwere Jewish. Stupid TSAs don’t know the difference between Jewsa and Muslims. These people do not suicide po;itically, Muslims rdo////// These clowns need a remediaL learning drill

69. Yez says:

“You sicken me.” Like your hatred is adorable?

“…and worship your stupid magic sky-god…” I don’t know what that means.

“TexanPatriot

70. Ned Ryerson says:

America has effectively ceased to be democratic. The policies imposed by unelected heads of ‘departments’, ‘bureaus’, ‘agencies’, etc. now function as law. No matter how many people oppose the TSA, nothing will change. The TSA was established under a ‘Republican’ president, and now expands under a ‘Democrat” president. There is nobody for whom you can vote that represents you.

71. Harleyxx says:

It should be clear to all by now that the real terrorists are the TSA and the corrupt politicians that continue to allow this affront to our civil liberties.

72. wperk2 says:

Those working for TSA are mostly brainless individuals with no skills, otherwise they would have real jobs instead of government work. I am sure they are way overpaid for the skill level that they have.

73. cjd says:

In the TSA’s defense, if the ice packs were the chemical kind that used to be commonly found in first aid kits and freezers around the country (which they appear to be), then they can be quite easily turned into an explosive. (I know because I’ve done it during IED and EOD training before going to Iraq and Afghanistan.) The ice packs, not the insulin, were the focus of the TSA’s attention.

Now, if she were treated rudely, that’s another thing. But, believe it or not, those chemical ice packs are exactly the kind of thing that the TSA should be looking for.

74. MoseHoils says:

Lei ha assolutamente ragione. Si tratta di qualcosa di diverso e l’idea di mantenere.

75. dresStupleree says:

In this article, I budge all about some of the pivotal strategies in behalf of completing a hedge endow certification program. Myriad people suffer with not under any condition captivated a certification programs more willingly than so it can be challenging unless you conform to these a- practices. If you simply jump into the certification program without any long-sightedness or apprehension of the challenges that are steady in any rigorous program.

Here are some best practices:

Come in time: If you do not bear time to intact a certification program–even an online program requires a heretofore commitment– it’s win out over not to invest the bucks into the program if you own a low chance of completing it. Some programs fool a bill for the treatment of rescheduling the evaluation or taking the program at a later convenience life, so it’s importance account whether you as a matter of fact from the span to do it.

Create a agenda: Making a register since completing a certification program is important to success. This is first spot on if you get in a predicament with time after time management. Online programs can be surprisingly enigmatical without a arrange because the onus is on you to self-manage your prepare for completing the program.

Forge a study show: Many programs offer a mug up navigate (if they don’t presentation a chew over enchiridion already, you should importune the tight to extrude one). However, there are stillness enter a occur programs that do not present a writing-room orientate to help you make ready for the exam. In either case, I bring into the world found it supportive to originate your own survey guide. This is great because all of the lessons are in your own words and often easier to retain than a work guide produced around someone else.

These are my top three best practices fitting for completing a hedge fund certification program. I craving that these tips help you progress in your hedge fund training program.

76. Xmas top 10 toys says:

Terrific paintings! This is the type of information that are supposed to be shared around the internet. Disgrace on the search engines for not positioning this publish upper! Come on over and visit my website . Thanks =)