Chemical Situation May Force Extended Closure Of Apartments
AURORA, Colo. (CBS4) – It could be days before residents can move back into an Aurora apartment complex after a woman apparently committed suicide there.
Investigators found the body of a woman inside the bathroom of one unit of the Chelsea Park Village Apartments. She was surrounded by some chemicals giving off dangerous fumes.
The Chelsea apartments building is located at 12079 E. Archer Place near Peoria. Hazmat teams were at the apartment for hours on Friday evening.
A total of 36 other units had to be evacuated because of the fumes, and it could be days before crews can air them out enough for people to return.
It’s still not clear what the chemicals were.
The Red Cross helped out some of the families who were displaced.