Worker Electrocuted While Trimming Trees
ALAMOSA, Colo. (AP) – Xcel Energy and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration are investigating after a Monte Vista man died while trimming trees.
Authorities said the man died Monday at Blue Waters Hacienda in Saguache when the arm of his tree-trimming device came into contact with an electrical line.
Saguache County Sheriff Michael Norris told the Alamosa Valley Courier that when he and his deputies arrived on the scene Monday morning, 25-year-old Jerod Chisholm was found unconscious in the bucket of the trimming unit and later died. His partner also suffered from shock and was taken to Memorial Hospital for observation.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)